I tried modeling the holes, but it soon became apparent that I would need insane amounts of geometry to have the holes and still keep the nice smooth surface of the grip. In the end I decided to go with maps instead.
It's taken about a week and a half to this point. A lot of the parts are quite complex like the top cover, the scope, the stock.
, null, 23 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012, Location UK
looking great, but the only thing i can see that would be a problem is that your edges might be too sharp, for example on the stock, and when you bake, it might not read well on the normals. i like it tho, keep it up