Home Unreal Engine

Question Regarding Timeline (Blueprint Question)

Greg DAlessandro
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
Does anyone know why I have to leave and reenter the boxtrigger for the timeline to work once it finishes?

For some reason once the timeline finishes I cannot open/close the door (rotate the door). If it doesn't finish I can open/close the door infinitely, but if it finishes I cant open/close until I leave/reenter the boxtrigger.

DoorRotation_zpsccbb1e2a.jpg

Does anyone know how to make it so I can still open/close the door (rotate the door) even after the timeline finishes? Thank you.

Replies

• wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try moving the inputs from Play and Reverse to plug into PlayFromStart and ReverseFromEnd .
  • wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually it could be a problem with your Gate setup. It starts Closed. So maybe once the timeline finishes, so does the execution string, so the gate is reset to "closed" at that point, and since you're already inside your triggerbox, there is no beginning to the overlap at that point until you exit and reenter the triggerbox. Maybe try plugging the "Finished" from the timeline into the "Open" of your Gate, so that it keeps the gate open until you leave the Triggerbox.
  • Greg DAlessandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
    I found out that in the components editor I had to set the collisions of the BoxTrigger to custom and only have player checked. Thanks for taking the time to help figure it out, that may work as well.