Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook - glottis8

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
Started doing speed paintings, i will be posting them here. One every day for 50 to 60 mins. I might retouch some of them if i really like them.

Electric_Island.JPG

This one i got the theme from CG societies.. Electric Island. Dunno if i wanna stick to the theme, but i will deffo do more painting. Done in photoshop.

Replies

• glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    sciFi_1%2Bcopy.JPG

50 mins speed paint.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    sciFi_2_2.jpg

like 40 mins of painting on this one.. still lots to do. Bouncing between this one and the one with the cliff.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    i did a small sketch of this one on paper which helped a lot. this took around an hr... an hr 10 mins maybe? still wanna add rocks... maybe a toad on the bottom... some more highlights on the water since the black and white values are a little even all the way across. I am not entirely thrilled about the sky... but it sets a little mood i guess. More details to the trunk maybe. i like fall colors. i like painting. any comments?
    fall_1.JPG
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    fall_2.JPG

Update on pic... had some time to render some mud, leafs, more grass, shrooms, more contrast and highlights everywhere. I can still go higher in the highlights i think.. maybe add some bloom. This is like 20 more mins of work.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    halloween1s.jpg

Took around 60 mins. Photoshop. Any comments? suggestions? the saturation is a little dark overall, i guess i have to go in and really highlight some areas. also... creating foliage without a custom brush is a pain haha but it looks ok... maybe add some more color contrast with different plants. Maybe add to the eyes some glow... or make the shadowy figures a little more prominent with some light colors behind them to make them pop... and maybe more color on the trunk... at least those are the things i see. Let me know what you guys think.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    gargoyles1.jpg

From the cartoon Gargoyles. Will paint later. Took a little over an hr. Did a sketch of the shapes before hand as well. Tried to go for hardcore shadows like inking a comic, and give it a little more realistic feel to it, instead of the cartoon feel. comments? suggestions? i will keep working on this and the other one the rest of the week. I am still up in the air on the colors i want to use for this one. aaaanyways....
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    E1Jf7wj.jpg
    10 min sketch
    blue_mountain.jpg
    25 min sketch
    colorswithDepth1.jpg
    25 min sketch
    anApple.jpg
    15 min sketch
    throughTheBox.jpg
    25 min sketch
    myfavFish.jpg
    25 min sketch
    repaint_selfportrait.jpg
    30 min sketch
    doorway.jpg
    15 min sketch
    inTheAttic.jpg
    20 min sketch
    rockAndsticks.jpg
    25 min sketch
    canyon.jpg
    25 min sketch
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    Flour and Grain Mite

The grain or flour mites are one of the most important mites infesting food and feed products, cereals, dried vegetable materials, cheese, corn and dried fruits. Grain mites proliferate under high moisture conditions and are often found in conjunction with fungal growth. Severe infestations result in brownish tinge over the commodity, called "mite dust" because of the light brown coloring of the mite legs. This "mite dust" gives off a "minty" odor if the mites are crushed. Grain mites are widely distributed throughout the temperate regions, but only occur in tropical areas unless a constant influx of new mites is supplied via contaminated goods.

Think about that since the last few days its been really hot and humid :D

Took like 20 mins

creepy_bug_by_brau-d6lzsdo.jpg
  • glottis8
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    beach.JPG
    Couple of Hrs
    creepyCorridor.JPG
    40min Sketch
    foggyMornings.JPG