Home Dota 2

animation stuttering problem please halp!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Archanex polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys, we're trying to wrap up this courier and get it submitted, however we seem to have hit a snag with the death animation. Basically it looks like there are 2 issues, one of them being that the courier needs to translate further down when playing his death anim to hit the ground, and also to de-spawn properly. but there seems to be a secondary issue happening here, it looks like the animation will play the first part of the anim, and then restart and play it again. Has anyone run into this or know how to fix it? Here is a video below of the issue. Thanks so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbRbYVHBww&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Lol its a funny death animation. Have you tried seeing looking at the technical requirements (scroll to the courier section)?

"The walking courier's animation is straight forward, however you should animate the flying version as if it was flying on the ground in all but the death animation. This is necessary because the courier is raised off the ground via the code by 160 units. So if you want your unit to crash back to the ground, you should end the death animation with the root of the model -160 units in the vertical axis from where the idle begins. "

If that's not the problem, then try maybe the rig is the problem. I just recently had my death animation for my jug ward messed up because of something. SO all i did was make a simpler animation and it was better.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Archanex wrote: »
    Hey guys, we're trying to wrap up this courier and get it submitted, however we seem to have hit a snag with the death animation. Basically it looks like there are 2 issues, one of them being that the courier needs to translate further down when playing his death anim to hit the ground, and also to de-spawn properly. but there seems to be a secondary issue happening here, it looks like the animation will play the first part of the anim, and then restart and play it again. Has anyone run into this or know how to fix it? Here is a video below of the issue. Thanks so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbRbYVHBww&feature=youtu.be

I can answer this for you, its a bug with the importer, and, recently discovered, only occurs when the tower kills the courier in the test map. It gltiches the animation playing the first few frames then replaying the entire animation. Which is exactly what you have there. Spawn an enemy hero;
    -createhero npc_dota_hero_luna enemy

...and test it with that, the animation should play normally, if not, see if it plays right in the importer, if it does, then you shouldnt have any problems.

It's nothing more then a bug, don't worry about it.

Also, the courier is looking great! :thumbup:
  • Archanex
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome, thanks Andrew!!