Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Ao Shin

Design isn't a strong point for me, but I feel it's a tad silly to just re-make an existing champion as-is. At least with Ao Shin, he hasn't been released yet.

ASWC_EN_thumb.jpg

I am a Technical Director and haven't done any modeling/texturing in a very long time. Being an avid League player, this seems like the perfect project to start chiseling away at the rust!

Replies

• THendersonVFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THendersonVFX polycounter lvl 6
    Since he hasn't been released yet, there may be some conflict using him to model. I think they want existing champs, or skins/new skins for existing champs. Kind of a grey area since he isn't your original design, but at the same time hasn't been released either.
  • nra153
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is a good point but the concept art is from riot and this excerpt from the contest rules make me think that I can do it:
    Can I use a concept art from a friend or that I found online?
    No. You can only use your own concept or any concept from Riot.

In the end I don't expect to be winning anything here though, so I doubt it will be a big deal :)
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Since he hasn't been released yet, there may be some conflict using him to model. I think they want existing champs, or skins/new skins for existing champs. Kind of a grey area since he isn't your original design, but at the same time hasn't been released either.

Ao Shin is my pick too. I had the same concerns so I asked in the FAQ thread and they said that it's fine to use unreleased heroes as long as the concept is from Riot. :)
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Oh man, maybe I want to change my character too ;)

Anyway, can't wait to see what you do with him!
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    nra153 wrote: »
    I am a Technical Director and haven't done any modeling/texturing in a very long time. Being an avid League player, this seems like the perfect project to start chiseling away at the rust!

Nice that you warm up with something simple like a crazy armoured, hairy, lightning dragon thing