Home Dota 2

Pipotchi's Workshop

Replies

• Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    Queen of Pain WIP, not quite there yet but pretty happy with it so far. The idea is to give her something more commanding to be able to lead all of her followers, hence the banner-wing hybrid thingys
    qlMOLnW.jpg
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    That QoP looks cool man!
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Some more detailing on the concept and I am sold!
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the positive feedback :)

I have a question about an idea.. I am hoping to make a templar assassin set which uses fans as weapons- how would this best be tackled? I assume if I put fans as part of the arm slot and put the fans over her psi blades they will shine through which will ruin the effect.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    I actually thought of adding fans as a set to TA but I never did it because It requires changing a lot of the hero. So these are the things I came up with before I decided to just forget about fans.

New slot - The weapon needs it's own slot
    New bones - The fans need their own slot, just to be able to twist and turn.
    New Animations - You need new animations for the newly constructed bones
    New Particles - So you can actually see the fan.

If you put the fans as part of the arm slot, it'll just look weird. It needs it own weapon slot.

Basically, if you are going to do this project, it'll require lots of changes to the hero. I think its better to just scrap the project because you can't change a hero that much. If you think you should do it if you can make the itwn without changing too much to the hero
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I will leave it for now. Here is a more detailed qop concept:

tumblr_n7o3aboNw81s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

I still have to decide what to put on her banners and then I think it will be done
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For todays installment of Dota 2 dire heroes without horns... battering ram headgear for barathrum

tumblr_n7x26aXYdJ1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

not earthshaker
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tried to make the lion arm by myself:

Lzbf5re.jpg

kinda wonky but i dont know how to improve it and im mostly proud of it
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made some progress on the lion set

tumblr_n8puolworY1s6wwz7o1_1280.png
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a PA weapon I thought up tonight, its based on a shattered clock and a target's time running out.

1WcS3Pg.png
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here is a rubick set that I am interested in taking further, Supreme Council of One

TOy6rqD.png
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    loving the head!
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I drew a quick sketch from the back to see what the silhouette would be like. Its quite androgynous but Im fine with that

oETe85L.png
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And something else I drew up quickly- Crimson Fist masked vigilante costume for Tusk :p Its a silly idea but tusk is cheerful and wacky so i can imagine him fighting crime in Icewrack even just for the chance to beat up new people

T821X65.jpg

not sure about weapon or sigil yet, but im hoping the sigil will let me play some sort of pun on the bat-signal
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I sketched out this razor set. I think I have another razor set in my brain as well so I'll try and dig that one out too later.

0QykMbC.jpg

I wanted something sharp. It's based around the very old razor head I made (C on this)

gB6z9mx.jpg

But I think I have a completely different set idea for B, which I will try and draw out next. I could make razor sets all day probably since he has so much potential. (but so low budget T_T)
    Also the treant concept from earlier:

tumblr_n9v2srmxJ11s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Please gimme some feedback, even if you don't like it. I would like to know whether these ideas are going in the right direction.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Big bundle of stuff for an underscape custom map I wanted to make.

tumblr_nakju4z9LQ1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

First draft of the map. In the middle is a section of the Narrow Maze, with two of the possible exits on the top and bottom. The exit on the top is one of the nice exits while the bottom one is like hell, and the gameplay will hopefully reflect on this.

tumblr_nalpajfgVn1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Bottom half with more thought- its a semicircle with several rings, which means less and less vision as you go to the deepest level and more susceptibility to being ganked. This half of the map will be very dangerous and the farm will be in dangerous locations, but the reward will make up for it. In the lowest level there is one of the 3 ancient camps.

tumblr_naoph4SmZA1s6wwz7o1_1280.jpg

Some underscape themed ancients.

tumblr_nal38agS9E1s6wwz7o1_1280.jpg

Sketch of the bottom lane.

Theres more stuff on my blog if anyone is interested, and thats where I will be updating this if I take it further, altho this is not going to be a high-speed project. I dont think I will be posting much on polycount for a while.
    pipotchi.tumblr.com
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All of these recent concepts are up for collab

Jaws of Hell for Shadow Demon
    tumblr_nbwv74yzgM1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Supreme Council of One for Rubick (can add weapon in a while)
    tumblr_nbwva5z0Cg1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Strength of Minos for Sven
    tumblr_nbcimbvPCQ1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Sven set comes with 3 sword variations which I could not decide on:
    tumblr_nbg084oXBi1s6wwz7o2_r1_500.jpg

Boomerang Blades for Beastmaster
    tumblr_nat850JlGT1s6wwz7o2_500.jpg

Rotworm set for Necrophos (back piece could be made as a separate item if anyone is interested in that)
    tumblr_nasalikVYW1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Bonds of Ultimyr for Shadow Demon (this one needs lots of work and isnt done yet but I thought Id show some progress)
    tumblr_nbwvj9gctQ1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Hopefully one of these items or sets will interest someone, recently I discovered custom brushes in photoshop and I have no idea how I was painting without them before.... I am most happy with the shadow demon set, I think this one has the nicest end result for any of my sets for a long time

I would be interested if someone wants to make the shadow demon set, to make a custom effect for the disruption- i'm imagining it as a black ball with teeth that actually close around the disruption target (basically the same as the effect looks originally, but with a seam of teeth and maybe a frame or 2 of animation of them closing) I could make an ability icon too.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    that sven concept is quite unique, having some fur around him makes him looks quite rock ;D
  • Todestomate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, great stuff! that necro set looks really interesting and I like the boomerangs :)
    the only problem i have with the sven set is that the tip looks a lot like an aghanims sceptre, but sven has no upgrade for Aghs, so this could be confusing.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, great stuff! that necro set looks really interesting and I like the boomerangs :)
    the only problem i have with the sven set is that the tip looks a lot like an aghanims sceptre, but sven has no upgrade for Aghs, so this could be confusing.

Hopefully the sven sword will look more like daedalus during his ult :p

Thanks for feedback guys

Also made this

Midsummers Mane for Puck
    tumblr_nbykxmrOGL1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    That's really cool, love it!
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    I love your work, unfortunately I'm quite busy this month. Maybe we could collab some time later? :)
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea sure, ask me again when you have free time :)
    thanks for the nice words also mdk
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    I should visit this thread more often! Nice concepts!
  • Gajun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    All of these recent concepts are up for collab
    Would definitely buy those Shadow demon + Sven sets. Maybe add more fur to Svens Belt area? Loving your work!
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gajun wrote: »
    Would definitely buy those Shadow demon + Sven sets. Maybe add more fur to Svens Belt area? Loving your work!

thank you :) I noticed that the sven set is lacking something interesting with the shoulder slot so maybe i can incorporate some more fur just into the set in general

these two have been on my mind for a while, wildwing and hellbear baby wards
    Gvad4aX.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Love those wards!
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Jesus those guys are so fucking cute and brilliantly simple. :)
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_ncvpjwsaem1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg

Here's a WIP medusa set... the idea being she is turning to stone. Dunno if the stone arm is too much for the poly limit, but I think there will be ways to perhaps cheat it.

She is also wearing more of a dress here but the tail will still show at the end.

Still looking for collaborators for everything on this page and anything on the last page apart from the boomerangs :)
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    that medusa concept is pretty cool, I just wonder... did she look at herself?
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nah, the noob medusa forgot to cast mana snake and let rubick steal ultimate
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    creative idea for medusa, I like it.
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    @pipotchi ah, I see. thanks for the clarification :)
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A WIP of Aviator Clockwerk. I figured since hes always zooming through the air he could at least get some appropriate gear ^^ Still WIP because it needs a weapon and cog. Perhaps I could get someone to add an animation of his wings unfolding when he uses hookshot so he can be buzz lightyear for a few milliseconds :D

Sadly I do not think I will have the skill to make this set. But if noone wants it, I will come back later and make this for sure!

tumblr_nd8zfqVmMi1s6wwz7o1_500.jpg
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    damn pipo. i love that one! head and armorslot are fucking epic.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that one is starscream set? :P

cog can recycle the jet engine element to make it
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks shock I am always happy with a set when u like it ^^
    agito666 wrote: »
    that one is starscream set? :P

cog can recycle the jet engine element to make it

Yea thats what I was thinking, jet engines perhaps even with a spinning element if possible :p
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just sketches for the clockwerk set

KkFQFPE.jpg
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i love it. again xD. but leave urself a bit time with it, i need to ship my clock set first :)
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Oh and I tried to touch up the weapon to try and improve my painting skills...

dHAsqMq.jpg
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    u already got someone to model it?
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    back after a long hiatus for perrsonal reasons...

while away i was thinking a lot about what i am actually doing and i think my technique of collaborating at the moment is very lazy and detrimental to me as well as others so i will move slightly away from just collaborating with other people and try a lot harder to improve my own modelling skills and make some of my own stuff >_>

heres some set ideas that were floating around my head last week. all of them are WIP

Ram Spirit for Juggernaut
    tm0aXpK.jpg

Bonds of Ultimyr for Shadow Demon
    gpvTktz.jpg

Rotworm for Necrophos
    tXaQrWn.jpg
    HmjcgNn.jpg
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and then I made something for myself, since I am forcing myself to start making all my own designs. its still a bit doughy and I'm really not sure how to go about that any better, but I think its something that has to be fixed at the beginning... I think I need to learn more about dynamesh because I dont really use it at the beginning like I should and I would love to know more about how to actually create hair better because mine feels very heavy. It does look fine without being so zoomed in but it would still be good to learn how to make cleaner shapes, especially hair spikes since snake hook doesnt seem to really do the job like I thought
    ktMBP3Y.jpg

edit:Made some cleanup progress since last time, because it turns out I thought Polish and Flatten were the same thing and they arent.... and it turns out the Polish tool is actually useful...

WPThZBM.jpg
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really Like the necro set, it feels like it actually works for him. But the only part I don't really care for are the maggots.

Aren't the Polish and Flatten brushes the same but inverted? Polish adds clay while Flatten removes clay.

I'm no expert on hair but Snowstorm has a tutorial about it.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah cool tutorial, thanks for that. I think polish is somewhere between smooth and flatten, it smooths values at the very top of the area you paint... but I might be wrong. I dont think polish adds anything because my sculpt doesnt seem to have gotten any bigger o.o
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I used polish on a sphere and it pulled the topology upwards while flatten pushes the topology down. Polish was probably meant to be used for flat surfaces anyways :)
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    You can use the Smooth brushes, Trim brushes like TrimDynamic and HPolish to clean your sculpts.
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    You can use the Smooth brushes, Trim brushes like TrimDynamic and HPolish to clean your sculpts.

One day I will learn what all of the brushes do :p

Heres the sculpt for the head for the Foo Lion set, I think this is about as far as I can take it apart from cleanup
    SFGaDjD.jpg
    b986Mye.jpg
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After much delay.... I finally got the clockwerk set as I like it:

qoCYji3.jpg
    nDtRwtw.jpg
    0X5Xl2s.jpg
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i m kinda worry this clockwerk idea is too futuristic....