Home Dota 2

KungFuPanda's concept stuff

Hello, here is a concept for ogre.. been working on this for a while with CTaKaH_MoJIoKa, the concept is kind of done, it will suffer some changes but not a lot.

Ogre's Raiments of Fortune set:
Speaking to a rock, ogre had the brilliant idea of using lucky charms to increase the chance of his multicasts. After a day of arguments the two heads decided on which lucky charms to use.

ogre_set_sheet.jpg

The set is meant for the new year event, that's why the chinese references. I am not sure about the hat, I did some research and found out that it's called a "mandarin hat", and in the past it was used by public workers.. Not sure if that is correct though since the hat also appears in searches like a celebration hat for new year for example.. Valve doesn't want references to social status.. and I am not sure if the hat is usable or not..

Anyway, constructive criticism is encouraged :)

Replies

• HeadCrabD
    First Of all. welcome to polycount! and im chinese. so. i like your idea. but i think too much red on ogre.

maybe we can work together on next few sets
  • KungFuPanda
    Thanks, yes, the colors will be more desaturated I think, and I will check in game to see how it looks, but I will reduce the red in some areas :)

also, new final lucky cat club, wit collar, and an infinite knot medalion (infinite luck):
    lucky_golden_cat_club.jpg
  • Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    That cat is suuuuper cuuuute.

Really like your drawing style!
  • Potm
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    First of all, I LOVE FUNG FU PANDA! it's such a cute funny movie after all! (hug it

and i love your drawing, it's so nice looking, so many amazing artist these days but not me D:

i think the lucky cat staff is a really nice try, but i am not sure will valve accept such a cute weapon, but it's worth a try, who doesn't love cute staffs :D!!!
  • MagnoHusein
    I love this cat club so cuteee!
  • KungFuPanda
    thx, happy that you like the cat, we thought about the fact that it may be a little different from the normal ogre clubs that's why we have the golden Koi fish.
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    definitely sat the cat over the fish, its unique, and sets it way apart from other ogre clubs, and similar ones like lions scepter, any ways, keep up the awesome work, happy hatting!
  • KungFuPanda
    So here is the finished ogre.. we ended up making both weapons, Koi fish and the golden cat club but we kind of ran out of time.. anyway, criticism is always welcome

Link on workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378375616

loadingscreen.jpg
  • KungFuPanda
    Ok so Blood Seeker concept.. modeling is started but probably it will suffer some changes.. the idea is to have a set based on the BS vision thing, with ritualistic stuff inspired by the aztec culture, more is explained below. Critiques are welcome.

vestiments_of_the_Blood_Rite.jpg
  • whatever
    I love your commitment to details,story,and points of sets,you are doing fantastic researching.Love the concept!
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Very cool designs all around ! And great presentation too, inspiring stuff.
    (also, I wanted to point out that the heavy gifs make this thread slow to load - just thought I'd let you know ...)
  • KungFuPanda
    Thank you, happy that you like it, blood should be ready next week... since it's for a tournament.. Also I removed a GIF for ogre, the page should load faster now.

And that is not the BS research.. this is.. (scaled down a lot of course):
    small_research.jpg
  • whatever
    I know but i seen you really put up a lot of effort in your sets.
  • agito666
    Ok so Blood Seeker concept.. modeling is started but probably it will suffer some changes.. the idea is to have a set based on the BS vision thing, with ritualistic stuff inspired by the aztec culture, more is explained below. Critiques are welcome.

vestiments_of_the_Blood_Rite.jpg

awesome bs set idea.

well ,about gifs. also maybe you can put gif link only and remove gifs that force load to browser automatically to reduce lag time, so when i open this thread can load faster :thumbup:

(it still load very slow due to my crappy laptop and due to the ogre gifs)
  • cosmicsugar
    Wow Kungfu! I'm really impressed by the amount of research that went into the BS set, so organised :P
    Love that lore and the aztec theme!
  • KungFuPanda
    Happy you like it.

Here is am other concept, an ember set, this should start after bloodseeker.. was meant for the china thing but we changed it so that it simply fits ember.. not the event. Inspired by legendary chinese master Bak Mei (Pai Mei in some movies), and Masutatsu Oyama (founder of kyokushin).

Pretty extensive development for this (almost 50 variations).. will post it a bit later.

masterofthefiremountain.jpg
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Dude your concepts are amazing! Really love this one. Makes him look like a japanese martial arts master or something!
  • whatever
    Im not even suprised anymore
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Awesome! I know the back piece is taking place of the shoulder slot but I feel like his chest is a little too bare. But it is the back that will be seen most so who knows. Would definitely love to work from one of your concepts. :)
  • seoservices
    That's cool! I love KungFuPanda!
  • KungFuPanda
    @Insaneophobia Thanks, yes since the chinese event is over, there is no reason to keep to just chinese elements..

@Sukotto yes, that is the idea, when in game he is always leaning forward and running with the hands towards his back, 1 hand will almost always cover the chest anyway. So our thought was, why waste polygons there when we can use them to make the other areas much nicer? if we have polygons left we may add some fiery cracks or something on the chest.. will see how it looks at low poly..

Also the story of the set "master of the fire mountain" (fire mountain = volcano) is to have a humble martial arts master, who has trained on a volcano for such a long time that his body started to petrify, becoming vulcanic rock. Thus, his clothes are broken and bad, he has gained some knowledge which he has recorded in the scroll on his back (maybe the loading screen will be with him opening the fiery scroll), we are not sure if the scrols are doable from the shoulder slot but will try..

Anyway, here is the development phase for it, for who may be interested.. It can be made better but I feel like I spent enough time developing this :)
    development.jpg
  • KungFuPanda
    Here is some stuff from last year, that got in game, I should have uploaded it first.. but.. oh well..

http://youtu.be/X9CPHlyfLUw
    stuff_in_game.jpg
  • KungFuPanda
    So, I finished a set that started last year, was for a pro player but that player doesn't have a team anymore, so it will wait a bit till it goes to 3d.

main goal was to use metal looking materials (that's why I wanted to make a more elaborate sketch), I really hate that most of skywrath's items look like toys.. blue plastic, orange plastic.. etc..

The idea is based on the fact that phoenix can now use aghanims.. and restore an ally, skywrath wants to restore his lost love, Shendelzare (venge) to her physical body and her throne, he has the idea of using magic to forge a phoenix feather armour, and use the crystal from a aghanim scepter to cast supernova and bring back Venge. Basic thing, phoenix feather armor + aghanim stone in the staff.

phoenix_armour_of_sacrifice.jpg

like before, critiques are appreciated.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Great stuff as usual. For a crit, i think the blue feathers on the wing are a bit stubby. And realistically, the armor to heavy (which doesn't matter much since this is fantasy theme game).

Although I do like the idea of pheonix feathers, I don't really like the over use of orange on his pallete. Maybe try cooler colors? You can even say something along the lines of pheonix's plucked feathers were too hot to be forged into armor, however as time passed the feathers cooled and Dragonus was able to forge the feathers into his armor.
  • KungFuPanda
    Yes.. you are right.. all colors are way too strong.. have to do a color correction.. thx. some feathers are not fiery any more.. that was the idea.. phoenix feathers should look something like gold when not burning (I imagine), but got carried away and made the colors too strong.. anyway, easy fix. Will leave just the tips of the largest feathers glowing hot, red/gold.

About the heavy armor.. I have never seen plastic armor.. which is what most sky sets look like.. so no offence to whoever made them.. but I will try to stay as far away from that as possible :)