Home General Discussion

David's Vacuum

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
David pierre has a vacuum in his room that we always joke about when we see his webcam, and now it has it's own thread, everyone post a pic of their vacuum :D

2my4U.jpg

BABY OVERLORD DEMANDS IT!!!!!!

Replies

• gilesruscoe
  • Kbrom12
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    Even comes with its very own lens flare

4DZv8.jpg
  • jmt
    I don't have a vacuum. I use a broom.
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    a have a healthy biotop in my room, that kinda manages itself. no need for fancy tech
  • Nilix
    The things I put up with...

HLPH
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    ^^
    look there's david's vacuum
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Polycount is not your blog.
    The Polycount Forum is not your "blog".

What we mean by this, is please don't create mindless threads that is off-topic to the Polycount Community.

If you have a topic of reasonable discussion to post, then by all means, please post away and let the intelligent discussion begin. However, we do not want to see random posts of "I ate cookies today" or "My car is blue", etc. etc. Even within the General Discussions forum, there is no place on Polycount for such threads. They provide no topic for discussion and are generally useless and become filled with useless replies.

"More art, less words" is a good mantra to go by when considering yourself a contributing member of the Polycount community.

If you find something you find just outrageously hilarious on the web, by all means, post it in the 'Thread of Awesomeness'. Other than that, pass it around in instant messengers and emails and keep it off of the boards.

We generally hand out Warning Infractions for such threads, so please think about what it is you'd like to post, and how it will benefit a community of videogame artists.
    Source http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63361
  • dpaynter26
    Offline / Send Message
    it was just a joke lol you can close the thread if you wish
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Autocon wrote: »

Polycount is not your blog indeed but you should really ease up on telling people what is right and what is not because of the following reasons:

a) You are not the admin.

b) There are other peoples who do it too and get even more hits then this thread. They actually get away with it as well.

c) Seriously, this is not a blog as far as I see it.

d) There is another Quote under that Code of Conduct that you've posted. Its about being a dick. You might want to look in to that.

:)
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Polycount is not your blog indeed but you should really ease up on telling people what is right and what is not because of the following reasons:

a) You are not the admin.

b) There are other peoples who do it too and get even more hits then this thread. They actually get away with it as well.

c) Seriously, this is not a blog as far as I see it.

d) There is another Quote under that Code of Conduct that you've posted. Its about being a dick. You might want to look in to that.

:)

a) I of course know I am not an admin, nor am I telling people what is right or wrong to post. But in this particular case it was blatantly obvious that this was mearly a joking thread/post. The "David has a vacume you can see in his webcam" clearly falls under the type of posts such as "I ate cookies today". Its clear it isnt related in anyway to art creation, artists or the entertainment industry that could induce a throughtful and intelligent discussion. Its a thread about Davids vacum and asking people to post pictures of there vacuums.

b) Yes of course people make threads you might not find useful, but thats where the whole "Polycount is not your blog" came about. It was written up in the Polycount information thread to try and get rid of useless threads that offer up no meaningful discussion.

c) What is meant by "Polycount is not your blog" is a quote from the actual Information post, Titled "Polycount Forum is not your blog" - "What we mean by this, is please don't create mindless threads that is off-topic to the Polycount Community." If you read the description of what is an acceptable and what we want to avoid on Polycount, its clear that this thread falls into the latter.

d) Im sorry if you felt I was being a dick, but I wasnt. "Polycount is not your blog" has become the staple response in threads like this mainly because of the thread started long about first addressing this issue and the fact that it is the title of the section relating to this issue in the Polycount Information Sticky.

Furthermore all I did was quote the section regarding "off-topic" threads and link to the main thread containing that info. Most people don't read the Information Sticky so they don't know about it. Quoting the section and linking the thread was merely done to enlighten people so we can keep Polycount to threads of value that provide an atmosphere for discussion and away from cat trolling picture threads such as this one.
  • jordan.kocon
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    jmt wrote: »
    I don't have a vacuum. I use a broom.

I as well have only a broom.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
This discussion has been closed.