Home General Discussion

MS at Consumer Electronics Show 07

http://tech.msn.com/guides/ces/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2225895
[ QUOTE ]

Using an Xbox Live for Windows service that will debut this summer, players can invite their friends to play games, with some playing on the Xbox 360 and others on Windows Vista-based PCs, Bach said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good bye joystick jockies your reign of pwnage is over. Hello whinny b1tches who complain about keyboard mouse players. Unless they force PC users to hook up a controller I see some real trouble coming down the pipe, for console users who enjoy first person shooters. Personally I think its a great idea to bring the PC market back into the mix, I know I would play more multi-player if I didn't have to use the gimpy controller.

I'm also reminded of when Mark Rein railed against the Wii-mote and fended off questions that keyboard/mouse was superior to a controller.
[ QUOTE ]
Another developer on the panel argued that the Revolution controller would indeed suit FPS games perfectly, but Rein was having none of it. Holding up an Xbox 360 pad, to whoops and cheers from the audience, he proclaimed: "This is the Xbox 360 controller, and there's nothing wrong with it.

"It works just fine for playing games, and it works fine for first-person shooter games, as evidenced by the fact that they sold more first-person shooters on consoles than anybody's ever sold on PCs."

[/ QUOTE ]

Replies