Home Technical Talk

[Maya] uvTools + Auto 2:1 / 1:2 Map Scale

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
Grimm_mmUV_Layout.png

Vimeo Video

Shift u or v positive or negative 1 exactly.

MoP's HardShellEdge Script:
MoP's script exactly - Original Thread

Gen Lightmass UV:
Automatically copies current UV's to a second channel and re-packs them.
**re-layout and packing is done according to the settings in maya's "layout" command. Settings editble in UV Texture Editor.

Automatically Scale uvs to work for 2:1 or 1:2 ratio texture.
*Two versions*
gUV_Snapshot: Automatically scales uvs to 2:1 or 1:2 ratio to be square since maya until Autodesk gives us the max like option.
Also automatically renders a uvSnapshot named "uvSnapshot.tga" according to your current file structure. (may deposit in scenes instead of images)

HOW TO!
--You must set all non snapshot based uv's to invisible. Just select everything to not be included before running the script and use "Make Selected Invisible"

--Select all geometry (component mode) to be included in snapshot and run "UV Scale x:x Auto"

--After its done you can reset all invisible to visible with the "Make Invisible Visible" action.

And thats pretty much it.

[side note - if you're scaling for 2:1 ratio you cannot have uv's above or below v 0-1 uv space meaning don't shift them negative v or positive v
same for 1:2 but don't shift them negative u or pos u]

For the scripts/marking menu that does not auto generate a uvSnapshot download gUV_NoSnapshot

gUV_Snapshot || gUV_NoSnapshot

It's still probably buggy, but I figured if I went ahead and released it some of you mel studs out there can probably give me clues to whats wrong.

Replies