Home Technical Talk

Modo keeps breaking :(

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
Everytime i try to setup a custom hotkey in modo my move tool keeps breaking, im trying to setup a "repeat last tool" like in maya im using this command for the hotkey tool.set .last 1 and it works all i want but then my widget for my move tool disappears, it still works but i have no axis to move it on or anything it's just gone :( anyone know how to help?(and please dont be a smarty pants and say "just dont set the hotkey")

Replies

• fattkid
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    I'm only guessing here - some possibilities to check out -

1)In the lower right corner, check the Tool Pipe window and see if the visibility icon is on or anything isn't default for your tool
    2) Could be the wrong "repeat LAst" command - I set up a hot key for Repeat Last as well, and I recall theer are two similiar "Repeat Last...." type functions that are slightly different
    3)Perhaps some Axis or Orientation is set or not set that is causing this to not work right
    4) Perhaps "Select Through" available whn right clicking on your tool in the Tool Pipe is set or not set. This effects how a tool will be have when you are using it and right after.
    5) perhaps the tool isn't being dropped and reengaged for your next action, so it's kind of in limbo with some orientation on - hitting ESC should clear it all, and then it's ready to go again, though you might have to reengage the tool.
    6) Middle mouse clicking in open space I believe is a Repeat Last type function when performing actions on some things. Try that?
    7)Ultimately, it's probably some combination of the above mentioned settings/actions, and once you get it figured out, you will most likely be able to make a script of what you want and assign that to a hot key.

Hope that helps. Sorry for whatever vagaries, I just woke up :)