Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] FN-P90

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pac_187 polycounter lvl 11
Hey people, I recently finished the highpoly of an FN-P90.
I'm currently working on the lowpoly.

The flashlight is just an improvisation and not related to any real existing one.

Happy scrolling :)

p90_pic_1.jpg
p90_pic_2.jpg
p90_pic_3.jpg
p90_pic_4.jpg
p90_pic_5.jpg

Cheers,
Dennis

Replies

• Ravanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pretty accurate, would prefer to see the laser aim on the empty rail side.
    Good work.

I miss Stargate SG1 now :'(
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You just hit the nail on the head, I forgot to mention this.
    It will be used in the HL2 Mod "The Stargatemod" (http://sgmod.de/index.php?new_lang=en)

---

I'm sorry to say, but no laser for now, because there won't be any in the mod too.
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey people, after playing several hours of Tetris with the UV-Map and tweaking/baking normalmaps the whole day,
    I present you the final normalmap: *hooray*

3Ds Max Viewportgrab with Xoliulshader:
    P90_low.jpg

I did a pretty bad job at the UV's. In the end I had to create a 4096x2048 map.
    Anyway I think I'll only make the normalmap that big, all other maps will be 2048x1024 pixels. There also is enough space left, so I can put the UV's for additional gadgets on it.
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clean solid work, looks great
    Normalmap looks great, but yeah the size is a bit big.
    I know its a total pain in the ass to remake an already uvd and baked mesh, but for training purpouses i suggest doing it, itll get easier the next time around

Either way this looks very solid, cant wait to see it properly textured!
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'm already on it and try to work with more mirroed UV's to fit everything together.
    Even though I'm not a big fan of mirrored UV's =/
  • Ravanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pac_187 wrote: »
    You just hit the nail on the head, I forgot to mention this.
    It will be used in the HL2 Mod "The Stargatemod" (http://sgmod.de/index.php?new_lang=en)

---

I'm sorry to say, but no laser for now, because there won't be any in the mod too.

I made a stargate mod 10 years ago for a much older engine, it makes me happy to see there are still mods out there.

as for the normal map, highest detail versions of the gun is reserved for POV, but did u shrink down the UVs at the front of the gun, as u tend to see less of it close up. (i dunno, i did this once to a texture, it kinda worked, not sure it always does though. anything with 4096 in the resolution is gonna hurrrt
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here we go, I stuffed all the UV islands on a 2048x2048 map and finished the textures.

Right now it's a clean version, without any damage like scratches.

C&C is welcome!

Also crappy turntable on youtube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcHKyPumRM"]FN-P90 Turntable - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for those big pictures, but I'm lazy and like to put everything on a single image :P
    P90_Press.jpg

Maps downscaled to 1024 pixels:
    maps.jpg
  • an aggressive napkin
    Seems a little too clean, try adding some details in like scratches and dirt!
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally an update on this one :D

Finished the "dirty" textures and added a button + cable to the flashlight, enjoy:

pic_1.jpg
    pic_2.jpg
    pic_3.jpg
    pic_4.jpg
    flats.jpg
  • JohnnyCrespo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking pretty sweet dude. Have you put it into any engines yet?
  • Pac_187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sadly not, I tried to put it intoUDK today, but I'm not very familiar with it and just started to learn how to use it.
    Besides UDK, it will also be put into the Source-Engine (HL2), I hope that will turn out good,
    the engine is pretty old :P
  • MEGALOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MEGALOS polycounter lvl 9
    Very cool dude, looks very clean!
  • JohnnyCrespo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pac_187 wrote: »
    Sadly not, I tried to put it intoUDK today, but I'm not very familiar with it and just started to learn how to use it.
    Besides UDK, it will also be put into the Source-Engine (HL2), I hope that will turn out good,
    the engine is pretty old :P

Thats alright, I'm sure once you learn UDK you'll see that you can make anything look 100 times better. On their website(UDK) you can go through tons of free tutorials and learn to do some things fairly quickly. Also, here on polycount you can search through WIKI and find awesome things to help you with setting up some cool shaders. Good luck, hope to seee it in engine soon.