Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brawl - Animation

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
d1ver polycounter lvl 14
Hey there, guys!
I've been asked for some video back when brawl was still on, but couldn't do it due to some hardware limitations. After jumping through a bunch of hoops, something came out.
Check out in HD and I hope you enjoy:

Thank you very much.

Replies

• ayoub44
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    YES ,finally a video :D , you did a great job on that video man look so amazing .. i love it :)
  • Dan!
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    nice job on the volume of the water in the mill- nice vid too. Great job.
  • makecg
  • d1ver
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    ayoub44, thank you so much man. I'm glad you enjoy and it's a huge pleasure to get such an emotional response.:)

Thanks,Dan!! The water in the wheel is actually a simple static mesh with the same water material applied as all over. =P

Cheers, makecg, glad you like.:)
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    ffffruck you....... that is pimp bro!
  • haikai
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    This came out nicely. Your presentation and attention to detail is great. Those little ripples from the water drops and the flock of birds and even the suggestion of running water in the distance was not lost on me.

The mountains in the background stand out a bit too much though. It may be the scale of the rock detail or something. The color of the roofs of the background buildings are too close to the green everywhere else for me personally although I can see how maybe you were trying to bring more cohesion to the scene.

The details on the stage itself are great, but something about the design or layout makes it feel incomplete. Maybe if the watermill was a lot larger and was more of a focal point of the scene it would help. In the stills it actually gets kind of lost in the background.

Anyway, great job. I can tell a lot of work went into this, and the final video is shows it.
  • Moosey_G
    How do you not have a gig yet :thumbup:
  • Saman
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    This is very nice, great work. What I feel at the moment is that your assets look good on their own but they don't play as well together as they should. What you could try is to have the mountains be a bit darker, the buildings in the background a bit darker than your scene but brighter than the mountains and so on. A gradient sort of with your scene as the brightest point. Try that and see how it looks.
    Overall I think you've got some cool animations(or are do they have dynamics effects?) Good job!
  • MEGALOS
    Offline / Send Message
    MEGALOS polycounter lvl 9
    I think you did an awesome job! but what I noticed is that some flags are waving as if there is a storm, and others as if there is just a little breeze. Anyway great job, i really like it :)
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Woow :) fantastic work man .
  • d1ver
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Alberto , thanks, bro!

Hey there, Super Happy Cow, all done in UDK. They have an option to dump a bmp frame sequence at a fixed fps. Though it turned out that cloth simulation and FX speed are all fps dependent and the more fps you set the faster the shit was going. Kinda had to jump through hoops here as well.
    Btw does anyone know a way around it? Maybe I was just dumb and forgot to put a checkbox someplace or smth?

Huge thanks for the feedback,haikai - I appreciate it. Yeah, getting stuff to work together is definitely my weakest spot. Now that you mentioned it the rock scale could really use some tweaking. Thanks again.

Moosey_G, I wish I knew, man. I even made myself a hobo sign, but it's didn't help much so far.:)

Goraaz, thank for the feedback, dude! Yeah, once again, getting stuff to work together is really the place where I need most improvement. Your "gradient" advice really hit the spot with me. Now I want to take the pic into photoshop. greyscale it and do a little overpaint study on aerial perspective. Huge thanks.:)

Thanks,MEGALOS. Yeah,the flags are a bit tricky:) Those smaller flags are actually attached all the way verticaly to the flag pole as well as on top, so they just a have a little corner to flap around, but I honestly don't remember if they have the same wind settings as the big cloth.

Thak you very much,disanski.