Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: MrPie

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
MrPie polycounter lvl 5
Hello all! Long time lurker and have posted a while back. I've decided to start my own sketchbook in the hopes of trying to create art regularly. At the moment i'm currently studying at Playgroundsquad UK and enjoying it despite the early classes being a little too easy for me. I would love any criticism to help me move forward! Thanks ;)

Today i modelled this plane using Curves for an assignment given in class. We then had to attach the seperate pieces together using the poly tools. I've been spending this week learning Maya while coming from a 3dsmax background. Slowly but surely, i'm getting hang of where the tools are :\

1398296_10202553387010443_2108686602_o.jpg

Replies

• MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Small prop thingy. Was trying hand painted textures. Texture Sheet is on a 1024x1024

0WD6SgV.png

[SKETCHFAB]27ac62f1becb432c820908194d586d2c[/SKETCHFAB]
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    So i've started a low poly DS2 character. I'd like to make this look somewhat decent so any help would be appreciated. I've currently modelled the base for him and plan to add some of his armor through the means of a texture and low poly assets. Something looks off about him though and i can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help?

He looks decent at the front but on the side it looks like he's got a stick shoved up his butt or something :poly122:

Uf9J9P8.png
  • Therazin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the Problem is the Flow of your body- it doesnt follow the line of beauty.
    you should define the Shoulder Blades, Butt and neck more - even if it costs you a couple polygons more. Sillouette is the Key.
    also you arm sits to far in the middle of the torso- it should be slightly in the back.
    here i made a fast scetch that should hopefully help you out- the line to the right is an exagerated display of the body curvature.

Hope this helps you out! =D
    vh86kh.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Therazin! That helps a lot! I just saw your message now (doh) so uhh i've already unwrapped my character. I made some adjustments with the body but with your sketch i'll be making those improvements before i move onto texturing.

8QprYY1.png
    My Unwrap
    7YEMV.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Haven't updated this sketchbook in a while so got a dump of images to put on here.

I spent 5 weeks working with a group to make a small game with the only limitation that it had to be a virtual card/board game. I was mainly responsible for all aspects of the environment and i also created a new monster model that replaced one that another team member had made.

FiTKfE2.jpg

BxA5crh.jpg

Z3QVTlw.jpg

Dweybtt.jpg

6EXI7ui.jpg

NkVBPHH.jpg

IkurzjU.jpg

wIIbkf6.jpg

JHwN0ZU.jpg

Some in-game screnshots

aAPVFR1.jpg

29sU1IV.jpg

w7IR4kY.jpg

hxBvRpp.jpg
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Ontario Combat Knife. Crits and feedback welcome :poly142:
    nC1tlwS.png

4NZ083t.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Currently going to be making a character of sorts that is a fish humanoid thing. Characters aren't my strong suit so i'm going to take this slow and carefully. Here's some preliminary sketches i did. Planning on taking one of these designs or multiples of them and coming with a final character. I'll be using this assignment to learn mudbox too

NF8RYy8.jpg
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    So i picked a concept and moved it forward. Not happy with the hands so i'm going to be re-adjusting those. Not sure where to take this to be honest...

DLhv1nz.png[
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Working on a sci-fi corridor as a fallback project. Blocking it out for now. Concept not by me.

jT2c23X.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Some more progress on this monster, His biceps be all wrong so going to fix that before moving on. Any crit and feedback welcome! :poly124:

KajPAMY.jpg
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Created this for a group project, quite fitting for Halloween if i do say so myself :P

uZ4ltAd.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    It's been a little dead lately. Did a high-poly Borderlands 2 Echo Device in about 2 days

0Mvke6u.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Guys,

Just a little update on the echo device. Done with the highpoly and baked it onto a low poly mesh. Some things i still need to fix with the baking but overall, i feel that it's done. Will be moving onto texturing this now.

EXPNRtj.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Just finished this oriental environment

Have a few more things to add/adjust but i think i'm happy with how it came out in general. It was mainly done to get myself acquainted with UE4

RAk3o0C.png

dzoa1ZR.png

WYn7f3Z.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrPie polycounter lvl 5
    Created this for a friends game.

wGt05Vk.png
  • MrPie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message