Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Nitrambackwards
    As described in the title:

- Tried to create base from Mesh, Normal(Tangent), Normal(Object), ColourID and Ambient Occlusion maps.

- Selected Unreal Engine 4 setting.

- Attached error message occurs and crashes dDo progress at 40%.

EDIT: Paid-for version.
  • StephaBon
    When trying to install 1.4, the installer tells me that I need to install the patch in the same directory as the program, and then it aborts the installation. I have tried it in the correct directory as well as new ones and it just doesn't want to install the update, meaning I can't use the Suite for the rest of the beta : (
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    http://www.quixel.se/testimonials

Don't know if it's normal,but the testimonials on this page are repeating and NDO's one is also the same as DDO's.

Nothing too problematic tho,so just ignore it for now :D
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Olninyo - to be honest I´m not sure, let me look in to that!

@CjFerguson - Well something seems off here, maybe you´ve found a bug! Thank you for taking the time to write it down! I´ll report it to the Dev team.

@Goeddy - Very strange, does this happen on all projects or just the one?

@McBaguette - This problem might be due to a non english version of PS. Is that your case?

@rickky - Do you mean that the canvas is blank or just the settings? would you mind posting a screenshoot? :)

@neupher - Thanks for reporting this, we will look in to it!

@Kettlewitch - I acutally realized that i myself was running the wrong .exe! Works alot better now so thanks :)
    Talked to Teddy and he confirmed this bug, its will be fixed in next release, thanks so much again!

@borx25 - Thank so much for trying out all these solutions, we´re really sorry about this but we cant figure out what the problem might be!
    Hopefully we will have figured it out by next release and that will sort out your problems, again, so so sorry for this! If there is any additional info you can
    provide that might help we would be very thankful!

@Swizzle - First off thanks for reporting this! We´re a bit stomped to what´s causing this, what version of the suite are you running?
    Most obvious question (sorry but i have to ask) Toolbag is running when you try to connect it right? :)

@bakagone - Would you mind trying the Suite.exe thats located in the "Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release" folder?
    This issue might be due to the suite running a x86 version.

@Nitrambackwards - I think the same solution would work for you as for Bakagone! Try running the exe in "Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release"
    and let me know what happens!

@StephanBon - -would you mind pasting the location of your initial installation, and a screenshoot of the folder tree for the path?
    I suspect something might have gone wrong with the initial installation folder preventing the update!

@Fansub - Thanks for reporting, we´re putting our crack team on this :)
  • bakagone
    Offline / Send Message
    bakagone polycounter lvl 10
    @Eric - Thanks for the answer, unfortunately nothing changed with that manip ><
  • Eric Ramberg
  • calintz9999
    Offline / Send Message
    calintz9999 polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys,

Just want to highlight the bug with quixel suite not starting up .
    I Have the same computer at home and at work but quixel works fine only from home. It doesn't start up from work.The sign that tells me quixel won't start is that the quixel bar will hide behind photoshop whereas at home , it's on the foreground.

I Have installed the latest java 7.67 x64 and dotnet framework 4.03, i have admin user rights and I tried starting quixel and pshop with admin right, I also tried the work arounds proposed in the quixel wiki > http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=install

Nothing works , any news on a fix for this ?

Your application looks amazing from what I've seen and I'm ready to jump in but I want to be sure that it will work on my machines.

specs at work
    intel cpu pentium g630 2.70 ghz
    4gb ram
    win 7 pro x64 sp1
    graphics : intel hd graphics (emulated )
    pshop cs6 extended x64

home pc :
    intel cpu pentium g630 2.70 ghz
    8gb ram
    win 7 ultimate x64
    graphics : intel hd graphics (emulated )
    pshop cs6 extended x64

Today I uninstalled the whole suite and reinstalled it,making sure I installed the 1.4 update
    on C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE

So guys i'm hitting a wall here, any help would be greatly appreciated
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    @Swizzle - First off thanks for reporting this! We´re a bit stomped to what´s causing this, what version of the suite are you running?
    Most obvious question (sorry but i have to ask) Toolbag is running when you try to connect it right? :)

Haha, yes, Toolbag is running when I try to connect it. :)

I've tried cross-app with both 1.3 and 1.4 and it hasn't worked. I tried reinstalling, and that had no affect.

After launching basically every program on my start menu, I've determined that the programs that DO show up in the application menu when I try cross-app mode are Zbrush, Steam, xNormal, and Marvelous Designer. Toolbag doesn't show up under any circumstances.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Swizzle - Im scratching my head here, What version of PS are you running, is it a non english version? Are you running the suite as Admin?
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    I've tried it with both CS6 and CC and the results are the same for both. Both installations are English.

When I run the Suite as administrator with Photoshop already open, the application dropdown is not populated with any programs initially until I launch one of the ones I mentioned above.

When I run as admin without Photoshop already open (thereby launching Photoshop and the Suite), the dropdown lists SUITE and then any of the programs I mentioned above.
  • bakagone
    Offline / Send Message
    @bakagone - Have you tried one of the sample projects just to see if it works? http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples

@Eric - Surprisingly, the sample project (ak47) works ! However I face some errors when I try to create new materials or new maps in the project ><

Tested with other projects : now I can open its too, but face the same errors when I try to do the same things.

When I try to create a new project, the same crash (the one from the begining) still remain.
  • Eric Ramberg
    calintz9999 - On work, is the program installed on a network drive or have any non alphanumerical characters in the path?

@Swizzle - Really sorry about this, let me dig around and see if i can find something.

@bakgone - Alright so that tells us that there might be a problem with your project rather than software, have you looked at the guide at the wiki for creating inputs?
    http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=inputmaps

What kind of problems did you have with the "Ak47" project?
  • hugojackson18
    Offline / Send Message
    hugojackson18 polycounter lvl 3
    Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the ID map. When I click in 3DO to create a material, it often doesn't pick the right color ID, often using the black part of the map, and sometimes, there's some colors that it just simply doesn't recognize. I am using the DDO plugin in Maya to assign colors and material, and even with this, sometimes it doesn't recongnize some colors.

Also, it would be good to have a default Linking materials ID in DDO that matches the colors/materials of the Maya plugin. I know you can make your own, but it would be great to have this profile by default! Thanks guys!
  • Nitrambackwards
    @Eric - Thanks for the response, unfortunately running the 64 bit version yields the same outcome. Am downloading the AK47 demo now to test then will update. Many thanks.

EDIT: The same error occurs using the AK47 demo. :(
  • DarkEdge
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    My ID ColorMap is not importing correctly. You can see from the 1st pic the whole model is blacked out except a couple of colors. The 2nd pic show how the model should look with the color map correctly loaded.
    Any ideas why this isn't working??
  • calintz9999
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric,

No the quixel suite also installed on c: drive, the installation path is :
    "C: \Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE"

There are no alpha numrerical characters as you can see
  • calintz9999
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Eric

here is the windows log (windows is in French originally)
    windows application log

Journal Name : Application
    Source : Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 26/09/2014 9:42:27
    Event ID : 1001
    Task Category : None
    Level : Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N / A
    Computer: WS
    Description:
    Container of errors, Type 0
    Event Name : PCA2
    Answer: Not available
    CAB ID : 0

Problem Signature :
    P1: suite.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.0
    P3 : SUITE
    P4 : SUITE
    P5: Quixel
    P6: 1
    P7: 201
    P8:
    P9 :
    P10 :

Attachments:
    C: \Users\Administrateur.WS\AppData\Local\Temp\{7eecd5a0-0859-4825-9ba2-ad1d00ba34ed}\appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
    C: \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_SUITE.exe_f7a8602850c66bc297458d4c6bf8a5cc82bd52a2_cab_17bbb433

Symbol of analysis:
    New search for solution : 0
    Report ID : 31b42041-3e6f - 11e4-8836-7845c412fede
    Report Status : 0
    XML Event :
    <Event xmlns = " http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event ">
    <System>
    < Provider Name = " Windows Error Reporting " />
    < EventID Qualifiers = " 0"> 1001 </ EventID >
    < Level > 4 </ Level >
    < Task > 0 </ Task >
    < Keywords> 0x80000000000000 </ Keywords>
    < TimeCreated SystemTime = " 2014-09-26T07 : 42: 27.000000000Z " />
    < EventRecordID > 38269 </ EventRecordID >
    < Channel > Application < / Channel >
    <Computer > WS< / Computer >
    < Security />
    </ System>
    < EventData >
    <Data >
    < / Data >
    <Data > 0 < / Data >
    <Data > PCA2 < / Data >
    <Data > Not available < / Data >
    <Data > 0 < / Data >
    <Data > suite.exe < / Data >
    <Data > 1.0.0.0 < / Data >
    <Data > NEXT < / Data >
    <Data > NEXT < / Data >
    <Data > Quixel < / Data >
    <Data > 1 < / Data >
    <Data > 201 < / Data >
    <Data >
    < / Data >
    <Data >
    < / Data >
    <Data >
    < / Data >
    <Data >
    C: \Users\Administrateur.WS\AppData\Local\Temp\{7eecd5a0-0859-4825-9ba2-ad1d00ba34ed}\appcompat.txt</Data>
    <Data>C: \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_SUITE.exe_f7a8602850c66bc297458d4c6bf8a5cc82bd52a2_cab_17bbb433</Data>
    <Data >
    < / Data >
    <Data > 0 < / Data >
    <Data > 31b42041-3e6f - 11e4-8836-7845c412fede < / Data >
    <Data > 0 < / Data >
    </ EventData >
    </ Event>

hth
  • Borx25
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    hey i'm the guy with the ndo crashing all the time i think i've found something that may be causing it:

All my menus, options, the text in the splash screen etc is in english so if someone asks me i say "yeah, my photoshop is in english" but when i looked at the preferences i saw:

interface > text > ui language > Spanish (nothing else to select in the drop down menu)

so i guess i installed the spanish version of photoshop but then decided to change it to english because most tutorials are in english and it was confusing.

found that the way to do it is changing a file in C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Locales\es_ES(or whatever)\Support Files from .dat to .bak
    and seems i did that because i have the .bak

so maybe that "fix" changes the language you see but not the internal or whatever that makes ndo not work in non english versions.
  • StephaBon

@StephanBon - -would you mind pasting the location of your initial installation, and a screenshoot of the folder tree for the path?
    I suspect something might have gone wrong with the initial installation folder preventing the update!

It is installed in the default location of:
    C: \Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release

I wasn't sure if you were referring to the folder structure or the actual files of the release, so I included both. Thanks for the help!
    GeauUDf.png

tngsCDc.png
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    @Goeddy - Very strange, does this happen on all projects or just the one?

so i've updated JAVA and when exporting as GGX it now gives me all kinds of different errors,
    also different errors on different projects.
    i tried running photoshop and suite as admin, but that didn't change anything.

all other export profiles seem to work.

some of the errors are:

-The command "Curves" is not currently available.
    Line: 752
    -> ecexuteAction(id45, desc11, DialogModes.NO);

-The parameters for command "<unknown>" are not currently valid.
    Line: 752
    -> ecexuteAction(id45, desc11, DialogModes.NO);

i am using CS 6 64bit on win 7
  • Visum
    Offline / Send Message
    Visum polycounter lvl 7
    Hi all.
    Not sure if it was answered already but is CS6 or CC better to work with the suite?
    I got CC and I get a lot of suite crashes which makes for a horrible workflow so I'm wondering if CS6 is any more stable or something.
    Such a cool soft but painful to work with.
  • McBaguette
    Hi
    Thank you my version Fr bugger all
    3DO now do not want to import a mesh, when I press "c" it remains black
    Ndo and DDO works
    In CS6 Eng
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/876074ScreenBug.png

Thanks
  • mjau
    Hello!
    I have a few problems as well:
    3DO doesn't recognize my mesh and just shows the standard sphere and it goes black when I press 'C'.
    The little Quixel Suite-toolbar wants to be behind the photoshop-window so it dissappears every time i click it.
    EDIT: Also, it ignores my masks!

I'm using the following setup:
    Photoshop CS6
    3Ds Max 2015
    Windows 7, 64bit

Thanks!
  • MikeMS
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeMS polycounter lvl 3
    Hi! I`m trying to study DDO, but can`t understand why I always has this problem with using curvature option in Dynamic Masks in seam area (I not fed curvature map at the start):
    p.s.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0G7il-eKWBS1dyMjV4UDJEOTA/edit?usp=sharing and here is zip with mesh and nm, objspc_nm and ao map that I generated in xNormal, maybe they help to find what I`m doing wrong. Thanks!
  • Styrwirld
    Offline / Send Message
    Styrwirld polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, im having the problem that 3DO is showing me the .obj Flat Shaded, but I exported from blender all Smooth shaded.

Anyone having this issue? is there any workaround?
  • Styrwirld
    Offline / Send Message
    Styrwirld polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, Im having issues with 3DO, when I export my mesh from blender is all Smooth shaded, but when importing and opening 3DO, it shows me all flat shaded. Any workaround?
  • NielsH
    I have a weird problem with DDO 1.4

EDIT:
    I made a stupid mistake with my AO map, DDO wasn't wrong, I was :).
  • MikeMS
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeMS polycounter lvl 3
    MikeMS wrote: »
    Hi! I`m trying to study DDO, but can`t understand why I always has this problem with using curvature option in Dynamic Masks in seam area (I not fed curvature map at the start):
    p.s.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0G7il-eKWBS1dyMjV4UDJEOTA/edit?usp=sharing and here is zip with mesh and nm, objspc_nm and ao map that I generated in xNormal, maybe they help to find what I`m doing wrong. Thanks!
    After long experiments I find what was couse of these problem - png of normal map with transparent areas out of UV patches. I filled them with neutral for Normal map color, and these fix these problem! :)
    But, moving forward I encountered another little stranginess also mentioned here by final_fight several pages previously on edges:
  • Zarakun
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarakun polycounter lvl 7
    Hi there, I don't know if a similar problem have been reported already, but actually I'm trying to save a custom smart material from a group created on a part of my mesh (which is composed of three separated pieces). The process seems to work correctly but when I try to reapply this smart material to another piece of my mesh, it scatters the layers of my smart material in my whole document, even if I crate this material inside a specific group. In addition it seems to past the elements of that smart material randomly through my different maps. For instance, a dust element is past on the diffuse and not in the specular or gloss while a different layer will be past into the gloss and not the other maps etc... It makes this smart material creation feature useless for me as it is easier and less time consuming to recreate the material from scratch on my different mesh chunks. Do you have any idea of where the problem comes from? I'm using the last version of quixel (1.4) and the english version of CS6.
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    NoiseCrime polycounter lvl 6
    After long experiments I find what was couse of these problem - png of normal map with transparent areas out of UV patches. I filled them with neutral for Normal map color, and these fix these problem! :)
    But, moving forward I encountered another little stranginess also mentioned here by final_fight several pages previously on edges:

Looks like we are investigating the same or similar issues. Its not clear what you meant by 'neutral' normal map colour though, but I couldn't find any combination of background fills for normal maps to give correct results. I do agree that perhaps png files compound the issues though.

May I suggest having a look at my thread here and see if it matches your experience.

Would be great to have a developer take a look at that thread too. I spent a long time putting together an example project and a wealth of screenshots to illustrate the issues with DDO's curvature creation.
  • MikeMS
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeMS polycounter lvl 3
    NoiseCrime wrote: »
    Its not clear what you meant by 'neutral' normal map colour
    I mean 127;127;255 in RGB :) Similar Issue I encountered with curvature png map with opacity, but already knowing about problems with opacity, I quickly fix it by filling with 127;127;127 RGB color in photoshop. And then I find your researches here. Thats was very interesting to read, keep it up! :)
    I think, dev team of the Suite can make, while processing maps, underlying layers filled with proper colors for transparent areas of the maps, so a new users like me dont stuck whith this misunderstanding of proper preaparing of maps to use in Suite :)
    Anyway, Suite looks so interesting and "perspective" for me, so I start to love it more and more -))) Keep it up dev team!
    p.s.: Sorry my english :poly142:
  • Voidnaut
    Hey,

Ndo crashes when I try to convert my Normal map into a Height (Hard-Surface) map. It begins, but then I get this "Script Alert":

Error: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. - The command "Set" is not currently available.

It converts to Height (All-Round) with no trouble.

After my file was making problems I tried it with the "example normal" download file from the end of:
    http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=gettingstarted
    -And still the same problem.

I'm running Photoshop CC on Windows 7. Ndo 1.4 Beta.

I have an additional question regarding the final image in the getting started tutorial: It says that it's the final result, rendered in 3DO. -Surely this result also makes use of a Height map?

PS: Thanks for the help on the Previewer earlier. -3DO works fine, and I guess it is more convenient that it's in a window instead of free-floating.
  • AA3D
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    Styrwirld wrote: »
    Hi, Im having issues with 3DO, when I export my mesh from blender is all Smooth shaded, but when importing and opening 3DO, it shows me all flat shaded. Any workaround?

are you sure that ( smooth groups ) is ticked on at the export screen
    its off by default
  • FedDark
    Offline / Send Message
    FedDark polycounter lvl 7
    Hello community! Launcjing quixel automaticly switches off graphic processor in photoshop, and so deprives some convenient features.
  • FedDark
    Offline / Send Message
    FedDark polycounter lvl 7
    Hello community! Launching quixel switches off graphic processor in photoshop preferences so it deprives some convenient features.
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    I mean 127;127;255 in RGB :) Similar Issue I encountered with curvature png map with opacity, but already knowing about problems with opacity, I quickly fix it by filling with 127;127;127 RGB color in photoshop. And then I find your researches here. Thats was very interesting to read, keep it up! :)
    I think, dev team of the Suite can make, while processing maps, underlying layers filled with proper colors for transparent areas of the maps, so a new users like me dont stuck whith this misunderstanding of proper preaparing of maps to use in Suite :)
    Anyway, Suite looks so interesting and "perspective" for me, so I start to love it more and more -))) Keep it up dev team!
    p.s.: Sorry my english :poly142:

Ah, I figured as much with regard to the normal but wanted to double check.
    Can never decide if mid point is meant to be 127 or 128 and have seen both values used in different applications. Hmm, might need to update my curvature post to reflect that for the mid-point gray. Thanks.

• NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

Been exploring Quixel Suite off and on for the last week week and really love it. I've ran into a variety of issues, questions and requests which i'm starting to post to appropriate threads. Below are a collection of bugs/issues that I came across.

1. Maps exported to PNG format fail to include alpha channel data.
    Exporting maps using PNG format do not include alpha channel data, yet the same maps exported as say tga will. For example a specular/gloss map from Marmoset calibration is missing its alpha/transparency data so no gloss data.

I've discussed the issue and provided some code updates to Quixel that can fix this issue in this thread. Teddy has replied so hopefully its something that can be addressed in a future release of the Suite. For now I just wanted other users to be aware of it.

2. PNG exports do not use compression.
    This currently results in very large files, that could be far smaller even with lossless compression. Again addressed in this thread.

3. Work Resolution below 100% sometimes loses specific ID Masks.
    I've had a Colour ID Map that when using anything other that 100% work resolution loses one of the ID Masks. Well not lost exactly, but the mask is totally wrong and just a 1 pixel slither.

It would appear Work Resolution is using bilinear filtering when resizing which is messing up the ID recognition?

KpjoQE2.jpg

You can get the source Colour ID map and other assets from this download.

4. No way to change 'flip y' on Normal maps once project created?
    Can't seem to find a method to toggle this on/off once a project is created. I did notice the setting is in the project.xml, but not sure if changing it would have any effect?
    Basically when re-importing assets I feel 'flip y' should be available as an option on an existing project.

5. 3DO Memory usage
    Something seems amiss with 3DO and its memory usage. Trying out the AK example project it was using 1.7Gb which seems pretty excessive even for 4096 textures, halving the preview size dropped it down to 857MB as expected. However i'm still trying to work out how 6 maps @ approx 65-85MB (mipmaps) each, so total max 510MB, can add up to using 1.7GB system memory?

Am I over looking something?

6. - Re-Importer errors due to input map locations using full path in project xml.
    If you change the path (e.g. renaming a folder) above the location of your project you get an error when trying to access the 'Re-importer'. This can be fixed by editing the profile.xml and replacing instances of the old path with the new one, but its a bit of a pain.

Looks like Quixel is not using relative paths to assets, meaning its very easy to break a project, or at least the 'Re-Importer' part, should you move the project or change its directory path.

e.g.
    I:\Modelling\PBR_TestObject\DDO_Test\Quixel_Plinth_Test\Maps\
    to
    I:\Modelling\PBR_TestObject\Quixel_Plinth_Test\Maps\
    First Error -
    system.Runtime.Interop.Services.COMException (0x80042260): General Photoshop error occurred. This functionailty may not be available in this version of Photoshop.

Second Error -
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename) at DDO.IDMapper.GetAlpha.Xml()
    7. Close Current Project - Doesn't close bug.
    If map files are marked as dirty and Photoshop wants to save them it displays a dialog asking if you want to save them. If you click 'No' then Photoshop does nothing and you cannot 'close the project'. So you are pretty much forced to save the map files even if you don't want to.

Note, this is different to the dialog asking if you want to save your 'project', choosing 'No' works fine there.

8. When using a compressed PNG format Colour ID Map Quixel will resave at without compression.
    I extensively use png's for my assets so I was surprised to see my colour ID map grow from 45k to 12MB once i'd added it to a DDO project.

It would appear that DDO is saving a copy of the ID map onto itself during the set up or re-import phase and as DDO does not support compression for png files (see point 2), that means the file explodes in size. Its a little frustrating since colour ID maps are by their very definition good canidatees for lossless RLE compression.

9. X86 vs X64
    I noticed the Launch Quixel SUITE shortcut opens the x86 version, is there any reason why its not the x64 version on a 64bit machine using Photoshop CC x64?
  • Regretful123
    I got a issue dealing with generating normals from a image. This is what came up. Screenshot%202014-09-30%2009.53.56.png?_subject_uid=10242817&w=AABdp9f2FkUGAcR-orvJUywf7sZf9d29loC0X3TOM73vHQ

xXH2J9G.png

I've tried downgrading the version from 1.4 to 1.3, and still shows me the same issue. I am currently using Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Also, is there a better way I could show a uv map in NDO as a reference? I've been trying to do something similar to dDo, but in nDo.

Edit- I later found out why this message was showing. It's because my PSD that I had was originally in the index mode. Can you add another "fail-safe" feature in the system where it checks and see if the document in Photoshop is in the correct mode settings before doing any additional settings, which may result in unknown or unexpected crashes.
  • Eric Williams
    Offline / Send Message
    Eric Williams polycounter lvl 16
    I can't seem to export any ggx calibration profiles either. Not in cs6, cc or cc (2014). I get the "curve" error in the older versions but just the generalized "functionality not available in this version" in the newest version.

The only map the ggx profile trys to edit (with a curves adjustment?) seems to be the gloss map, deleting that map will prevent the error from showing up on export for the ggx profiles. Tried the 64bit version of quixel suite, both 32bit and 64bit give the error.

Exporting the ak 47 sample from the wiki gives me the same problem, and java is as updated.

Also, out of curiosity, I tried ddo 64bit version of the suite as a standalone launch and I can't even get that to run. Interface keeps disappearing. I assume that ddo, ndo quixel suite versions require the main suite app running as well?

edit - also, the feather command seems to cause the error occasionally, too. But that command will error on every map. I think the feather command is specific to certain applied materials, where as curves command is required on the gloss map no matter what material for ggx export.
  • mattv1993
    Whenevery I close the quixel suite it won't launch again until I restart my pc, does anyone else have this same issue?

Windows7 64 bit
    Photoshop CC

Overall I am liking the software a lot.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    hello,

really enjoying the Suite.

Wondering if there's a way to control the flow of textures applied to my mesh (automatic rotation of textures, basically) to match the flow of my geo. So if i wanted bark to go along the surface of a gnarled tree for instance.

Suggestions anyone?
  • teho
    Offline / Send Message
    teho polycounter lvl 7
    hi!
    sorry if it was asked, but I have very low res textures and details applied. working at 1024x2048 and texel density 100, all defaults settings.

0P5KwNW.jpg

thanks!
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    teho wrote: »
    hi!
    sorry if it was asked, but I have very low res textures and details applied. working at 1024x2048 and texel density 100, all defaults settings.

0P5KwNW.jpg

thanks!

and what exactly is your problem?
  • bakagone
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric - I don't think it's a problem of project, cause when I try to create a new project it is not working, the error still come ><

Also I can work with ddo on my coworker PC doing the exact same actions.

About the AK47 project : the error is still the same as the other projects :

Error 8800 : General Photoshop error occured. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.
    -The object "red channel of merged layer document "NAME OF MY ID MAP.png"" is not currently available.
    -> executeAction (id54, desc11, DialogModes.NO);
  • teho
    Offline / Send Message
    teho polycounter lvl 7
    Goeddy, at the screen @100% you can see all the dirts and textures applied very pixelated and not smoothed... maybe I need to work with 4k inputs and downsize it to 2k aliasing will be smoothed?
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    teho wrote: »
    Goeddy, at the screen @100% you can see all the dirts and textures applied very pixelated and not smoothed... maybe I need to work with 4k inputs and downsize it to 2k aliasing will be smoothed?

its not smoothed so the result will look "crisp". the way the masking works in DDO it will clamp everything to black or white, so there are no soft transitions between materials.

if you want it to look softer you could blur the layermasks that look pixelated and use the "copy mask to all maps" function in the dropdown menu.

using a higher workresolution and downsizing would work too i gues.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @Swizzle - After consulting our dev team I´m very sorry to say i still have no solution for this :S
    It simply should not behave like this, if a program is running when you open the cross app window it WILL show up, except that it doesnt in this case..

If you hold alt+tab do you see toolbag then? because the suite finds all tools in the alt+tab list. (or should)

@hugojackson18 - Hi! Whay is your color profile in PS?

A new material FBX file with more colors and matching links are coming very soon!

@nitrambackwards -Hi Martin (I solved the puzzle of your name) This is a known bug, a PS specific error. We have managed to reproduce this and it will be fixed in next
    release, so sorry about this! You could try to roll back to 1.3 and that should work for now.

@Darkedge - This might be due to your mesh being split up in to groups, ddo will interprete each induvidual group as its own mesh and that is most likely why you have this problem.
    Make sure you collapse everything in to one group and it should assign properly! :)

@calintz9999 - Have you tried the following sequence:

Start PS as admin, shut it down.
    Start it up as usuall (not as admin)

Then run the suite, this will activate PS in the registry.

@borx25 - Very interesting thank you so much for reporting! Have you managed to solve your problems?

@stephanbon - Thank you most kindly for taking the time to post this! This looks correct as far as i can see, this is very confusing. Could you take a look in the folder
    script/patterns and see how many files are located there? it might be that you dont have a full install, that´s what we´re trying to find out by doing this. Sorry for the hassle!

@Goeddy - We did not manage to reproduce this,

Thank you so much for helping out in this thread and all the others :) You get a cookie and your pet eagle gets a fish!

@Visum - hi! What kind of crashes are you getting? Ddo should be equally stable across all versions so your crashes are likely due to something else.

McBaguette - hi! do you get the same problems when starting a new project with this mesh?

@Mjau - Hi mr Mjau! Could you try starting PS and the suiet as admin to see if that helps?

MikeMS - Great to hear you worked it out, we´re looking in to the "black edge bug". Does it make any difference if you use "high quaity curvature"
    or not when creating a new project?

@Styrwirld - hi! Is your mesh triangulated, and is smothing groups checked when exporting?

NielsH - I make stupid misstakes all the time, often very public in this very forum :)

@zarakun - hi! Would you mind trying to make a new project using the same input maps/mesh, just to see if this problem is consident or if its just a corrupt project.
    If it yields the same result would you mind zipping and sending the project to me? sorry for the inconvenience!

@Noisecrime - Hi!

1 - covered in the other thread, which we will reply to there.

2 - covered in the other thread, which we will reply to there.

3 - If the details are really small this might happen, we´ll look in to it!

4 - That is correct unfortunately.

5 - This is strange, we´ll look it to this as well!

6 - This is something that will be fixed evenutally, but for now one simply has to make sure the files are not moved around.

7 - This is a new bug, thank you very much for reporting this!

8 - covered in the other thread, which we will reply to there.

9 - This is a bug that is fixed in the next release!

Hope this answers some of your questions, we are very thankful that you took the time to write the other thread and put so much effort in
    to making it! We have read it, and we will reply, the reason we havent done so already is that the person who has to do so is on a super crunch for coming releases!

@Regretful123 - Thank you for reprting the problem and also the solution! we will sort this out!

@Eric williams - Thank you for reporting this, we´re trying to crack this nut as we speak! Yes everything must run the suite :)

@nfrrtycmplx - Hi! Nice to hear you´re enjoying the tools, no support for rotating materials yet unfortunatey.

@teho - Some of our masks might be to much contrasted, one way of solving this is to work a higher resolution and downscaling when done.
    Do you remember which preset specifically that you had issues with? We will fix it for the next release! Thank you for reporting :)

@bakagone - We are going to try to reproduce this using cs5, we havent been able to to it in any other versions. Do you have the possibility to try
    another version of PS, and by the way, is your current PS english version?

Sorry that it took some time to answer all your questions, and let me know if anything is unclear or i missed something!
  • MikeMS
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeMS polycounter lvl 3
    MikeMS - Great to hear you worked it out, we´re looking in to the "black edge bug". Does it make any difference if you use "high quaity curvature"
    or not when creating a new project?
    Yes, I tryed to change this option at creation, but it does not help.
    I also tryed to bake curvature map in xNormal (form hi poly to lowpoly) and have same issue with it in ddo.
    Then I bake curvature map in xNormal from lowpoly to same lowpoly (without hipoly mesh, also I changed algorithm from Average to Gaussian) and I have nice edges without this blackness.
  • Eric Ramberg
    @MikeMS - Thanks you, that is very interesting!
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message

Hi Eric, thanks for taking the time to reply.
    3 - If the details are really small this might happen, we´ll look in to it!
    Just wanted to point out that I scaled down those screenshots. The ColourID map itself is a 2048x2048 and the trapezoids are approx 700x200 pixels each, so not exactly small details, even at 50% ;) You can find the original input map in that download link I provided in my post if it helps.

As I mentioned, it looks like bilinear filtering is used when down scaling work resolutions has fooled the ID matcher into using the blurred colour at the edge of the trapezoid as opposed to the original ID colour.
    6 - This is something that will be fixed evenutally, but for now one simply has to make sure the files are not moved around.
    ok. At least for now its possible to simply find and replace in the project.xml to fix any path name changes.

Point 8 is a slightly different issue to point 2, as its not about exporting to png, but that DDO overwrites the source ID map png for some reason, however the solution is likely to be related to png compression so hopefully fixes for 2 will fix 8 as well.

Hope this answers some of your questions, we are very thankful that you took the time to write the other thread and put so much effort in
    to making it! We have read it, and we will reply, the reason we havent done so already is that the person who has to do so is on a super crunch for coming releases!
    No problem. I only wanted to add 1 & 2 here in case others missed the other thread , not that I expect instant action on it. Having read all of the pages in support I realise that you are all working hard to improve the suite and will get around to these issues as and when you have time.

Goeddy wrote: »
    its not smoothed so the result will look "crisp". the way the masking works in DDO it will clamp everything to black or white, so there are no soft transitions between materials.

Thanks for answering that, I had noticed it too and had been wondering if it was a bug or low resolution patterns, wanting to keep details looking crisp explains it.

This discussion has been closed.