Home Marmoset

Windows 10 issues

eworc
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
eworc polycounter lvl 4
Anyone else having problems with Marmoset working on Windows 10? It would crash on start up for me. Had some other software that wouldn't run so I reverted back to a Windows 7 image.

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Interesting...

I've been running windows 10 for 3 days now, and haven't had any issues. If at all possible, could you send us a copy of your log file? Send it to support@marmoset.co

Thanks!
  • eworc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eworc polycounter lvl 4
    I uninstalled it as I had other software not working. Loaded a Paragon image I created back up. I'm in the process of coming up with a workaround with my laptop hard drive that won't currently allow me to make a partition and dual boot. I plan on creating a clone unto an external drive and installing Win10 on that...once done, will see what happens and provide a log file if I get to that point. Either way, will let you know the status.
  • oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    I was having an issue with textures importing flipped. I ended up by rolling back to 2.06. I'll reupgrade and test when i next want to upload a viewer file.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, we haven't officially started testing on Windows 10, so any information you can give us will be helpful. If you're having issues, first off please make sure you have the latest video card drivers.

If updating your drivers does not fix the issue, please send a detailed report of your hardware configuration (CPU, RAM, GPU type, driver version, etc) and a description of the problem, with images and/or scenes that reproduce the problem to support@marmoset.co

Thanks!
  • Rhythem02
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhythem02 polycounter lvl 5
    I'm using 10. No problem so far. Like what earthquake said, update you VGA driver.
  • oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    sure thing EQ. had it turn up and just rolled back, but if i get a recurrance, i'll send you all the details.
  • Rhythem02
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhythem02 polycounter lvl 5
    Now I'm experiencing some lag. Like it takes a lot of processing. I have a dual monitor set-up. I noticed that whenever I would navigate in Marmoset if I'm watching a video on the other screen, the video would stop. Also zooming causes lag too.

I never experieced any of this with windows 8.1.

Here are my pc specs
    lga2011 Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30-3.60Ghz 6-Core
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4gb/256bit ddr5
    GSkill RipjawS 4 32GB (8GBX4) DDR4 2400 / F4-2400C15Q-32GRK