Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM – Helios – dschmidt3d/EdGaray

Prime Minister Edward Simmons has fallen at the hands of the enemy. After a vicious attack to the Helios International Space station, a dreadful chamber remains empty with trails of the last stand of the respectful commander and memorable leader.

Replies

• dschmidt3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dschmidt3d polycounter lvl 6
    Hey PC. I've meant to update our idea sooner than this but work has been tough lately. What my buddy and I are going with is a space station that just had a recent attack and the leader was taken. We are aiming for a final stand feel. So we are going with a medium room, with the throne being in the back and guarded. Being a recent attack and all, the room will be mostly wrecked and destroyed. We want to have parts of the room destroyed and showing their innards including wires and pipes. There will be shattered glass and metal bits around as well. Maybe a hole or two showing the space outside. We also want to have the room in a zero g atmosphere with the recent attack's demise floating around. Concepts of the room and throne will be coming shortly.
  • EdGaray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Concept Art
    ISP_1.jpg

Breakdown
    ISP_1Split.jpg

WIP. Pillars and ceiling might change from original concept depending on feedback.
  • dschmidt3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a basic WIP layout in Unreal 4 with meh lighting. Still getting used to Unreal 4.
    5MBpvWS.png
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EpicBeardMan polycounter lvl 8
    Nicely going so far. I like the shape of the room.

Good luck.
  • dschmidt3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a shot down the length of the room with some pillars I managed to make in the limited time that I'm currently getting to work on this.
    XdzZMeo.png