Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Stosh

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Stosh polycounter lvl 4
Hello and welcome to my sketchbook. I'm Stosh, an Environment Artist. This is to better my work toward bettering my portfolio. I have plans for great projects and daily work routines to get better. I'm hoping to get some constructive criticism on my work to make my larger projects more refined while learning through repetition with my daily work. Feel free to check out some of my finished work on my website (might be reworked in the future): http://rstanisz.webflow.com

UPDATED!!!

I have major plans to get a lot of work done by PAX Prime as I will be attending it. Updating my website/making new website will be done as well for PAX as well. I will be adding my Throne Room submission to my portfolio along with all my future projects for PAX. Here are my initial projects I plan to get done before I go:

B-Wing: Recreating the B-Wing from Star Wars.

Destiny Exotic Weapon: Creating my own Destiny Exotic Weapon.

Borderlands Infinity Troll Crate: Creating a Borderlands Loot Crate designed to troll the players.

Elemental Substance Materials: Creating my own Substance Materials for snow/ice/dirt, sand/dried land/sandstone, grass/dirt/rocks, and/or lava/molten rocks/ rocks

Ideally each month leading up to PAX Prime I plan to get each one of these done, but I know some may take longer/shorter than others. The overall software I plan to use on a consistent basis will be Maya, ZBrush, Substance Indie Pack, Photoshop and either UE4 or Marmoset. I'll be updating as much as possible to get as many critiques and opinions on my work.

Replies

• Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    Here is my Throne Room submission that I will be adding to my portfolio along with my future projects.

LuwNgVa.png

yrxkv2b.png

d87kNjm.png

HahBnTB.jpg

Feel free to add in any feedback on my Throne Room submission as I had not gotten any replies in my original Throne Room thread. I'm not going to dedicate too much time to the Throne Room in terms of fixing it or updating it if there are any suggestions to do so, but I greatly appreciate any thoughts to help me build on my future projects.

-Stosh
  • Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    First of these projects I'm tackling is the B-Wing from Star Wars. Below are a few my reference sheets and the beginning of me modeling in Maya.

isV2Z7T.jpg

dEBhLSP.jpg

XvvBgyV.jpg

bKactsM.jpg

-Stosh
  • Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    5t0LN8V.jpg

Update: Most of the main body of the ship low poly modeling is done minus the guns on the nose of the cockpit and the "foot." Next up will be working on the wings and then onward to high poly work.
  • Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    GXBxPQT.jpg

UPDATE!!!

Took too long of a break to enjoy Destiny's House of Wolves, getting back at this. Low Poly modeling is complete and now I'm onto High Poly modeling! SPACESHIP!!! :D
  • Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    Finally back in the swing of things. Updated my artstation with a WiP marmoset viewer file showing all work up on normals and height map alphas added to my model via Substance Painter. Colors will be in the works shortly.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/b-wing-wip