Home Technical Talk

Help with blade topology

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Stranger polycounter lvl 5
I have no idea where to start with a blade topology and keep it in quads for a game mesh, Mostly the tip of a blade where it curves in. any help and wire of other blades would be amazing.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I have no idea where to start with a blade topology and keep it in quads for a game mesh, Mostly the tip of a blade where it curves in.

Why quads?
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    We can't help much unless you show us, with screenshots, on what you have attempted.
  • Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sword_PNG5525.png The whole blade, i cant seem to understand how to model this. Im trying to keep it in quads so i can use it as a low poly in the creation engine, and import it in to zbrush with out irregularities, also im using MODO 801 / 3DS max
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    I'm fairly certain he was asking for a screenshot of the topology since that's what your question was about..
  • Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick low poly that was close to my first trial, HUanGnP.png Subdivided 2N12iN7.png And i guess i worded the question wrong. I dont know the best way to make it. As the screen shots above. I have no idea where to start. As the point always ends up weird. but sub D is how i want it just more pointed. i just dont know where to start.
  • Millenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia polycount sponsor
    quick take on it, didn't terminate the support loop for the middle part properly but it seems to smooth fine.
    for the middle part, I used quarter of a quad sphere stretched out.

ts1Fq44.png

Normally, instead of doing that, I'd just be a filthy cheater and crease that middle line instead of using support loops there because it gives both more control and cleaner results.
  • Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia wrote: »
    quick take on it, didn't terminate the support loop for the middle part properly but it seems to smooth fine.
    for the middle part, I used quarter of a quad sphere stretched out.

ts1Fq44.png

Normally, instead of doing that, I'd just be a filthy cheater and crease that middle line instead of using support loops there because it gives both more control and cleaner results.
    Thanks, Im mostly new do not even know where to start with that shape, but thanks for the wire. it helps alot.