Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel SUITE - News

Hey everyone!

After a long time in the dark I’ve finally got something for you guys :)

About 6 months back I realized that in order to implement all the great feedback that's been going around, there was no other option than to start fresh. It became noticable pretty soon after dDo’s release that its algorithmic texturing approach did have its drawbacks. High-res texturing was slow, and results often looked generic because of how tricky it could be to set up your own procedural effects. Having spent a great chunk of my life making dDo it was a tough decision to rethink it.

nDo2 has been an immense success and I can’t thank you enough for all the support making it what it became. We all felt it could be more streamlined however, so a remake was due. And ever since a few friends and I started Quixel almost four years back now, we’ve been working on something that has been harder and harder to keep secret, finally ready to reveal.

So without further ado it’s time to present:

banner.jpg

Quixel SUITE: NDO, DDO, 3DO and Megascans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkLFWFskgxE&vq=hd1080"]Quixel SUITE Revealed - YouTube[/ame]

There’s finally information about all of these new tools up on the site, so feel free to check it out @ www.quixel.se

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; without Polycount these tools wouldn’t exist. I am indescribably grateful for this community. Keep on rocking. We’re hosting a modest booth with Marmoset @ GDC this week, so if you are in the area come swing by #1043 for a chat with the devs & a complete hands-on with the new suite. Come try the new DDO and get a chance to win a GeForce GTX 760!

Questions, bring em on! :D

- Teddy

Replies