Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] Golden Alistar

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Golden Yak polycounter lvl 6
When I saw this contest, I knew there was only one choice I could possibly make:

a>
I'm a bit daunted by all that fur, but hey - might as well dive in and learn!

-edit - Here's the in-game model/skin:

alistar_golden_ref.png

Concept sketch for gear, details, etc.:

golden_alistar_concept.png

Lorewise, Alistar's tribe of minotaur were massacred by the forces of [/URL]Noxus, a 'might-makes-rate' city-state where some of the meaner, nastier champions of LoL hail from. Alistar himself was captured and forced to battle in the great gladiatorial arenas of Noxus. Eventually escaping, Alistar has become an advocate for all those who are opressed by Noxus and an enemy of Noxus's champions.

As an escaped slave-gladiator, Alistar still bears shattered chains and shackles as symbols of freedom, showing all those in bondage that chains can be broken. His body is covered with scars from his fights in the arena.

The in-game Alistar skin had a stylized 'N' branded onto his shoulder, but I decided to make it a larger feature by having the brand be a stylized Noxus crest burned into his broad back - no doubt it took several slave-wranglers from the Noxus arena dungeons to lift the massive brand they used to mark their minotaur prisoners. The huge brand is an eternal reminder of Noxus' capacity for cruelty, and an incentive for Alistar to oppose them.

Replies