Home Unreal Engine

How do I Trigger a Trigger using just 'Used Triggers'??

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a sequence of 'used triggers'.

IMAGE 1 : Here is my scene. 3 x light switches on a wall and 3 x lights. The game begins with no lights being shown and as each trigger is activated (via the E key) the spotlight appears above it.

zyh1.jpg

IMAGE 2: Here is my Kismet setup. All lights are hidden at the start and each trigger is set up to turn on its own light. (Ive checked in game and this works fine)

yu6h.jpg

IMAGE 3: I am trying to create a sequence of used triggers, so I want switches '2' and '3' to be disabled until switch '1' has been activated. (As you can see in image 3, I can choose to activate anyone I want first. :(
How do I change that?
I have looked at Dynamic Trigger Volumes, but they dont come with a 'used trigger' option, only a 'touch trigger' which is not what Im after.

rtei.jpg

Anyhow, I hope someone can help

Regards,

jonm4y

Replies

• r4ptur3
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    I would use a series of bool comparisons to check for the switches. Each trigger will have a bool assigned to it -- when you are in the trigger, set the bool to true. When you step out of the trigger set the bool to false. Use compare bool to set up the rest -- if 1 and 3 are false, 2 is true. If either 1 or 3 is true, 2 is false.

Hope this makes sense! If you need screenies I can throw something together later today.
  • Butthair
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    So triggers 2 and 3 cannot be activated until trigger 1 is activated?
    If trigger 1 is not activated then 2 and 3 cannot be turned on, therefore cannot be active.

When trigger 1 is turned on, this should toggle on trigger 2 and 3 (or just 2 if this is per trigger).

Your kismet is handling them without knowing about each other trigger. Trigger's 2 and 3 only need know that they can turn on when 1 is on. So using toggles to control the triggers is the quick way to go. Having bool logic can work too, this is a more dynamic and reusable system.

Putting it straightforward, Trigger 1 Used > Toggle On Trigger 2 and 3.
    Trigger 2 and 3 should be Toggled Off at level start like how you are hiding your actors.
  • JBaldwin
    There has to be a condition for the first trigger. However, modifying the trigger(s) usability is done through a simple toggle > event switch.

I re-created your demonstration above in kismet and tested it.
    Hope this helps!

-Jeremy-