Home Unreal Engine

Collecting Items on Click

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Joopson quad damage
Hey Everyone. I'm in the process of making a game for school called "Deluge". It's a survival Horror game where you're scuba diving.. Officially you're there to collect some rare species of worm, which may contain some amazing cancer cure, or something. But things start getting scary. There are all sorts of ruins down there.
It's inspired by the likes of Amnesia and Lovecraft.

At any rate, here comes my problem. I've tried 3 or 4 different methods, but none have worked, even slightly, save for this one, which I realize is a bit convoluted.
And as I said, it only works for the first half of what it is required to do. I've tried using gates, and separately (and in conjunction with), OnTriggerUsed (a few different variations, none of which worked. Maybe because the Game mode is set to None?)

Here is how I think it works. Once you enter the Trigger, which surrounds the worms, it sets the InTrigger variable to true. Once you click, it sets the ButtonPress variable to true. It then compares them, to confirm they are both True, and if they are, it plays the announcement and destroys the worms. That much seems to work the way it is meant to, whether or not it's logically sound.

After this, it's meant, on exiting the trigger, to set the OutTrigger variable to False. Even doing as much should be enough to stop it, were my understanding correct. It also says, once you've stopped clicking, it sets that to false too.

Here's the Kismet:
KismetHelp.jpg

And here's the trigger, with the worms beneath it:
Shotss.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And some explanation if I'm totally misguided in my understanding of these things.
Thanks so much.

Replies