Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crits needed before polishing off peice - Sirens and bright lights

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
SSquir33 polycounter lvl 12
wipFullcomptest1.jpg

Hey guys - need some eyes for this peice ! any tips to render wet skin, rushing water would help . and other compositional tricks will be welcome before i set off polishing off this peice. Also finding it hard for the scene to 'mesh' . I have played around with smoke and volumetrics and it seems to do the trick. still working that out.

2 siren type girls, one is a bit more mythical but very much human, played around with having a jet black skin and gold reflections . idk if it works but meh .

Thanks !

Replies

• Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    The wet skin looks pretty convincing, I like the face and hair of the girl on the right.

The main thing that sticks out that needs work is proportions atm,

The girl on the left has a large head, and a tiny right forearm/hand. Since it's coming forward there should be some foreshortening and the hand should be much larger.

The girl on the right has a very small left arm, and a small hand even compared to that.

Rendering wise, it seems you don't add a lot of bounce lighting to the characters, leaving lot's of black, which makes it seem unnatural. Even in an extreme lighting situation with no ambient light, there are parts that would reflect light onto other body parts.

You even have starlight shining on the right girls hair, but nowhere else.

The bodies look good enough, though it would be nice to have a more dynamic pose on the girl on the right, we only see the direct side of her torso, comes across as odd.

Critique is a bit late, but hope this helps!