Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fiat Dino Coupe (1971)

Hello once more!

Im closing up on the sculpt of Fiat Dino Coupe, I need some good advices on how to get to good, realistic render of it. Ive never done realistic renders so I dont know if I need to hand paint him then throw some metalic maps on him or something (same for tires and everything else).

I have next options to render him in: marmoset, 3ds max (MR), zbrush. Have low experience in all of those thats why I need huge help now!

8bc871e159.jpg

Replies

• EdGaray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fiat_dino_coupe_7.jpg

There's some work that needs to be done on the model to get this result. Because the surface isn't as smooth as it should be, you'll get a lot of bumps instead of a smooth gradient like the previous image. Plus your missing a lot of clean hard edges and straight lines. Don't be afraid to to break your model in several pieces or groups. For example have a different mesh for the tires, rims, doors, door handle or any part that you can lay on top of others. Tire threads are too soft and the tire itself is missing the side wall. And the back of the car have an arc that goes from the roof all the way down to the trunk. Check your reference, put them side to side and ask yourself or others if it looks like the reference. Also, look closely to any car to get an idea how things are build. That will help with the modeling process.

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn
    Check these tutorials. There's a lot of good info about material setup. Hopefully this help :)
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I forgot I made this post.. Anyways, I went to restart that project. Its finished for some time now.. Here it is:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/fiat-dino-coupe

Im sorry its not a picture but a link, im kinda lazy to post up a picture here coz it has to go through some image uploader on internet like tinypic or w/e
  • Bruno Afonseca
    I'd suggest modelling the car out of blueprints using hard surface techniques... Your model looks very muddy and rushed
  • MrCreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you referencing the one on the artstation or the first picture?
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    Were you going for realism? or a caricature?

If you were going for realism, the proportions are off. The panel division is odd as well.
    As Bruno Afonseca said, model thecar out of blueprints.