Home Dota 2

Count Vlad criticque

So here is a new halloween theemed concept for Bat rider, the plan would be, to get this done before halloween. Would appreciate some constructive criticism :)

count_vlad_1.jpg
After enslaving every kind of bat he could find, the “bat rider” went for the most dangerous and powerfull legendary bat. The story says that this bat was an immortal creature of the night that drinks the blood of humans to keep itself alive, but in his human form he is a count, living in his dark castle at the top of a mountain.

Replies

• Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    going full tf2 huh?!
  • KungFuPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te I don't understand what you mean..
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    What he means is, in TF2, submissions and community content are silly while dota 2 has this serious nature to it.
  • ike_ike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Vingspan there's actually already a vampire bat ingame
  • KungFuPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so funny stuff would be bad for dota ? :) like the bat rider riding dracula :P

@ike_ike yes but it's not dracula it's the vampire bat close to what a vampire bat looks, the conept here is to make it look like a vampire (dracula is the most iconic, with the cape, he closes his cape and goes "puf" and turns into a bat, with a human like head). While in bat form he get's caught by the bat rider :)

vampire_bat_with_dracula_head_cartoon_0521_1010.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Dota 2 is more lore based than silly and cutesy cosmetics. Design your cosmetics around dark-fantasy, semi-gothic, medieval-fantasy and primitive technology designs. Your concept is nice, but we encourage you to adjust it to the Dota 2 universe.

Example: Your bat suit is silly for the Dota universe. Change that to the suit that Lycan is wearing. It should be cloth that is worn out. Also, don't use any modern world stuff for the designs of your cosmetics like clothing, technology, weapons, etc. Adjust it what the character would use in their universe.

Read up on various hero lores and check how the character's designs are and what they use and what makes them and defines their personality.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i love ur artstyle and stuff but i have to totaly /sign what vertical said.
    greez mate :)
  • KungFuPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, thanks for the comments, so in conclusion funny stuff may not get in game (like batrider riding dracula), and to make it better it should have clothes that look more medieval. That kind of scarf was used in midle ages by nobleman, same with the long cloak, true they can be a lot better, will redo them :) even if it doesn't get in game it may be an interesting project.

medieval_clothes.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    As much as I like the idea, I'm all for stuff like this. I just don't see it flying.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    Coyo.Te I don't understand what you mean..

sorry, i thought that would be a phrase by now ^^

let me elaborate since i dont wanna be a dick.

i really digg your concept style, nice coloring and all, but as vertical and some others already pointed out, dota2 follows a "distinct" artstyle and generel style. I know it deteriorates more and more but as of now we do not have tf2 standarts yet, which i am quite happy about.

tf2 went full mental with its cosmetics quite a while ago and thus kinda ruined its superior look and feel abit. try to stay within the lore and dont go to clowny.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    if u still wana go clowny, go for a scary clown :D as long as its design is not silly it can work^^
  • KungFuPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks, already working on a better version, using a different kind of bat as well, but still the interpretation of "vampire count" just that I will change the character of it, to be more gothic (scary clown) and the purpose of it will not be fun but to give character to a mount.

As for lore, bat rider is catching and riding bats from a magic forest, who says that one of the bats he catches is not a real vampire transformed? :)