Home Unreal Engine

How do I kill an enemy/bot with 5 hits...?

Hey guys...

Quick Question....

How do I kill an enemy/bot with 5 hits and show a voice announcement each time he is struck?

This is something I would have thought would have been right up there in the beginner book of UDK, (especially when making death match games), yet I can't seem to find anything on it!

Everything I search for brings me back onto how to modify the 'users' health which is not what I'm after. I have tried a number of methods but I just cant seem to get it to work.
Through a number of comments I believe 'Int Counters' are needed but I can't say I'm confident in using them.

If anyone could either send me a link to a tutorial on editing bot health, or even if you could create one or even just a screen shot of a kismet setup on how to do it, i would be extremely grateful!

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

jonm4y

Replies

• Butthair
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    Using the Modify health node can work, you'd need to hook the Instigator to the bot in question so the hp can be changed.

But, ultimately, damage dealt relates to how much health the bot starts with from script, or if you modify it to take five hits.

How much damage does your weapon do? Set the bots health to 5 times that amount for that to work.

Alternately, you can hook up a Take Damage event to the bot using a Attach Event node, then set the threshold to the amount.
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132689
    I thought I answered this before. For your fire, it's the same setup for your bot.