Home Dota 2

Problem with ward orientation and scale

Hey guys! I am working on my first item for Dota 2. And I am having some problems with the orientation of my ward when I import it into the Asset Tools.

This is what it looks like in the in game import tool.
6c0d7a3174.jpg

And this is what it looks like in 3ds Max.
2417fb641f.jpg

And an extra render I did in [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPm0hOELues"]YouTube[/ame] for the idle animation.

Before I finished my animations I did try various things. Such as rotating the base bone, rotating the whole model, but it never helped. I also tried changing the UP axis in the FBX export.

Here is also a picture of the ward with the reference to show the difference in scale.
7fcfa21a1c.jpg

So, please let me know how to fix this. Thanks!

Replies

• Nekhro
    Offline / Send Message
    Nekhro polycounter lvl 5
    Import original ward and check the size and orientation?
  • Motanum
    Nekhro wrote: »
    Import original ward and check the size and orientation?

Doesn't help. It comes up messed up in the importer.

e692d634c4.jpg

Has anyone figured this out? It's been bugging me for days! It shouldn't be this complicated!
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Did you reset scale and transforms before rigging. Max has an issue with that
  • Motanum
    I am not sure. I modeled out, and then I simply started placing bones. Do you have a link or can you expand on how to make sure about that?
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Ok,

Delete the skin modifier.

Create a cube obj, add an edit poly modifier to it.

With cube edit poly selected, select all of the polygons of the box (but not your ward) and delete them.

Now select 'affect pivot only' and hit center to obj, and align to world.

Reskin.

(creating the cube gave you an obj with no scale or rotation. Attaching your ward to it makes it inherent the no scale/rotation. X-form is SUPPOSED to do the same thing but has been buggy in the past.)
  • Motanum
    Baddcog wrote: »
    Ok,

Delete the skin modifier.

Create a cube obj, add an edit poly modifier to it.

With cube edit poly selected, select all of the polygons of the box (but not your ward) and delete them.

Now select 'affect pivot only' and hit center to obj, and align to world.

Reskin.

(creating the cube gave you an obj with no scale or rotation. Attaching your ward to it makes it inherent the no scale/rotation. X-form is SUPPOSED to do the same thing but has been buggy in the past.)

Thanks, but yours didn't work.

I am using the Wall Worm Model Tools, And I can import the orientation and the animations properly. But I am still struggling with the scale. I have some ideas, which I hope will work out.