Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(not so) Tiny Tina Comic

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Goldo_O greentooth
I'm a big fan of Borderlands 2 so I had to give a try at their awesome art style! I decided to work on Tiny Tina and make a grown-up version of her for a short comic strip.

This story happens 5 years after Borderlands 2 ending, and Tina is now 18.
For those who don't know her, she is the deadliest 13 year-old girl on Pandora and an expert in explosives.
She's now sponsored by Torgue who made her a custom harpoon gun that is connected to a winch that she's wearing as a backpack. Whenever she wants something, it will get to her or she will get to it (depends on the size of the pray I guess ). I have yet to do some renders of Tina with her gun in action. Coming soon!

It was really fun to work on this project, I was really excited when I started the inking pass on the textures. The black outline is from Marmoset.
My good friend Sam Griene did the rigging and skinning for Tina, and I did all the rest. It took some time to do all the characters but then it was fairly quick to do the pages. About one a day.

Anyway here is the first batch of images.
Princess Fluffybutt is back in action with a battle steed this time: a Skag puppy named Alonso that Tina domesticated (after the loss of Enrique). To avoid being bitten, she put some duck tape on its upper jaw.

Let me know what you think!
By the way, I'm looking for freelance work if you have any tips. Thanks in advance!

hFT8nwg.jpg

pMdQipj.jpg

E5baMpH.jpg

KQ5AL8k.jpg

a2oCv10.jpg

nR3OO82.jpg

EZVZwTY.jpg

Hope you liked it!
Oh and here is a short animation of Tina's harpoon gun manufactured by Torgue!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlDxXIzrZ6k"]Torgue_HarpoonGun - YouTube[/ame]

Replies