Home Contests & Challenges Archives the Polycount Tower

TOWER - Little Coffee Shop - DesireeFernandes

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DesireeFernandes polycounter lvl 7
Hello, I've decided to throw my hat into the ring and make a floor for the tower. The idea for my floor is a small coffee shop that is more like a comfy living room than a real coffee shop, only accommodating a few patrons at a time. I'm going for a lower poly count as well, as I mean for this to be a small project.

I've just about finished up modeling, I just need an overhead light that I forgot about until just now. I haven't put in the planes for the glass or the doors yet, I'll be doing that later.

1-1.png
1-2.png
1-3.png
1-4.png
1-5.png

I also threw it into Sketchfab to see if everything looks alright.
[SKETCHFAB]e1aa6d92b76a4bbd9d4a96475ac0198a[/SKETCHFAB]

Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Replies

• Odow
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Nice idea, I would separate the room by a wall. If i was a customer i would be less annoyed by having the coffee machine next to me than being trap in the most smallest room ever.
  • DesireeFernandes
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Odow. :) I decided to keep the wall because the room seemed too empty otherwise. I wish I had time for a more elegant solution but time is of the essence with this project.

I've finished UVing the various props and got the seperate materials working in Sketchfab so that I can have multiple textures and the opacity for the windows. The test resulted in this funtional eyesore of a building:

[SKETCHFAB]cf2719a6b131467e9499d1c9769c115a[/SKETCHFAB]

It's texture time now. Cheers!
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    :D

Looks promising!

^__^
  • DesireeFernandes
    Offline / Send Message
    Well sad news, the textures are giving me trouble and I won't be able to complete this for GDC. However, once I get back from next week's festivities I will jump back on this and get it done!