Home Stickies

What Are You Working On? 2012 Edition

Replies

• [SF]Three9
    @jamaica1000 I quoted this one for smaller file size :P

I just wanna tell you how fucking awesome this style is...it looks fantastic and has sooo much character man. Are you doing anything with these guys? Or just for render giggles?
    hey woodesh, thanks for the suport! here is a outlined version of the scene!

wip_gunslingers_outline_wire_on__by_ehnoi-d4sk5da.jpg
  • jamaica1000grau
    hey [SF]Three9! thanks a lot dude! im glad you liked it :D
    Actualy i just do some render giggles as u said hauhauhauha it has been some time ive been doing them, but never showed to nobody hahaha and has been great to share them! I have some of them rigged too, ive also exported and used them as models in Unity3d!
    I would love to put them in action! :D
    Thx for the feedback!

wester: this is awesome man! i will love to see the whole scene rendered

By the way i did some tweaks in the last post, i think with the black color at the back it feels better, and the blue too. please let me know what you think of it!

the_dark_tower_cover_mark2__d_by_ehnoi-d4smpxu.jpg

keep up the awesome works!
  • Mathew O
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    A sort of workhorse/beast thing I'm working on for a module at university at the moment. :)

rightside.png
    KWRuA.png
  • Fomori
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    @ Fred2303 Very nice but you have to fix the hair. It's way too high, therefore forehead too big. Ears are looking a bit big to me as well...
  • Tigerfeet
    @jamaica1000grau, it's way way way way too busy. Your character style is wonderfully simple and easily readable. Putting all that extra stuff behind it with all those other colors overpowers everything else. When I look at the cover I just see a riot of shapes and color, but when I looked at your models by themselves I was able to tell who those characters were, even without you telling me.
  • Superfail
    Im now done with the texture on the sci fi weapon i worked on the latest days.
    Thanks for every comment and crits on the way, ive learn a lot under this project. And will have that in mind in my next.
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95189

superfailthegameassembl.png
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    childeren.......?

EDIT: Ohhhhhhh... I see...
  • Nina I.
    Offline / Send Message
    Nina I. polycounter lvl 5
    Superfail, is the typo "childeren" intentional? Or did you mean "children"? :poly121: I think the materials look slightly too perfect (lacking subtle grain, scratches, dust) that the weapon looks a bit plastic. But I very much like the purplish shot on the left with the glow effect standing out nicely, and the details attached to the weapon look spot on.
  • katana
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Damn that weapon is hot...but the "childeren" is lost on me as well...
  • MoleTheMan
    Offline / Send Message
    MoleTheMan polycounter lvl 6
    i had just finished making this paper model and i thought it would be cool to go ahead and push it threw into a little project

rommystart5a.jpg
    rommystart5a.jpg
  • Elith2
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    Loving the gun, think it needs more work on the texture like has been said, just seems a little to clean in contrast to other parts. Also "For Militerry Use Only" should it not be "Military"
  • [SF]Three9
    So, correct me if I'm wrong @Superfail, but I believe whatever universe/theme/style he's going for is sort of on the parody/comedic route, so the words that aren't spelled correctly are probably intentional...The gun has a style about it that just feels lively, silly and fun (think TF2 so-to-speak); it doesn't read to me at all to be 100% based in reality...I mean the warning even says this is a deadly toy...I mean do you guys even realize it has a car shifter display on the side of it? lol, that's funny...I mean I don't know a lot about weapons, but I'm inclined to think the HF stands for "Have Fun"...Analyze the whole piece before calling him out on spelling :P...there is a lot to see here

Out of context the words may not hold any value and may be slightly tacky, but put in the grand scheme of things, if the rest of the environment reflects that style I think it would work great

If anything I say keep the gun the way it is, but try adding a bit of detail that is subtle but adds to it. The current detail on it (the red grunge/blood) I think actually detracts from the rest of the model; it doesn't match the current style
  • dur23
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Toyota Cressida hud!
  • Elith2
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    @[SF]Three9

While I get what you are saying and I was in no way trying to beat down the work that has been done as it is a lovely piece. But as it sits on its own it has no context other than being a gun, a very real gun opposed to a toy. As it has a bullet flying out the chamber and blood(what I assume is blood) in more than one place. The fact that it has been called out by 4/5 people, would make me think it's maybe more liable to cause confusion than anything else?

As I said not putting the work down Superfail.
  • Superfail
    haha, Thanks guys. I see the miss speling now. And thanks for the coments. No this weapon will not be used in a "serious" game. Its a 8 weeks school project where we will make a fps game. we decide to make a game with lots of effects and funny weapon. We will kill zombies in a abandoned sci fi weapon lab, to like dubstep... So every gun will look like this :P and yes! its a car shifter display :D I thought it was funny but do you whant me to take it away and put like...random scifi text instead?.

Peace!
  • [SF]Three9
    oh no worries Elith2 :) I wasn't raging or anything; sorry if it came out that way...just wanted to point out what I observed :D
  • jamaica1000grau
    thx Tigerfeet! ill keep that in mind for the next composition :D
    im working hard for the next one

here are the models of Eddie, Jake, Susannah and Oi! :D

jake__eddie__susannah_and_oi_by_ehnoi-d4snqm1.png
  • bgivenb
    Offline / Send Message
    bgivenb polycounter lvl 5
  • Superfail
  • Nina I.
    Offline / Send Message
    Nina I. polycounter lvl 5
    Hurrah! Changing the "keep away from childeren", too? :D
  • Alphavader
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    Nina I. wrote: »
    Hurrah! Changing the "keep away from childeren", too? :D

made my day !
  • Elith2
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    @Superfail

You champion :D

@[SF]Three9

Oh no I know man :) I just thought I would explain back from my point of view, just so you didn't think I was some crazy spelling Nazi, I'm Scottish, I can barely talk about anyone doing horrid things to the English language, when I speak at least.
  • prototyp3
    Offline / Send Message
    prototyp3 polycounter lvl 17
    Royzy: You guessed it. Then they go and do Shane like that last night.. Bum luck.
    Got a little more done.

jb_wip03.jpg
  • 4s4
    Offline / Send Message
    4s4 polycounter lvl 11
    tricolor.jpg
    Now this is real blast from the past, did this quick test to try out some isometric stuff once again.
    I did similar stuff(houses and bunkers) for the Pathway to glory:ikusa island back in 2004(?), My first paid gaming industry job :)
  • ZeroCartin
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroCartin polycounter lvl 16
    Elith: Beautiful! looks pretty neat!
    wester: nicep progress! Maybe get some color in there?
    Fred2303: Love it all, excepr for her forehead/hair in the front that looks a bit weird. Great job nonetheless!
    Dado Almeida:Awesome, love the ilumination!
    suburbbum: Impressive, love the teture work.
    jamaica1000grau: Cool style! The composition itself is really hard to read thoughm, you have way too many colors and shapes competing against each other. Also, IMO brushy strokes on the background dont really suit the style since everything's so blocky! Maybe try some other kind of bg?:P
    tits:Looking good! There is something on the pose though that;s weird. She looks really stiff. Great job on the clothing though, looking really nice. Iss the texture on it all tris?
    Kingblue: cool ^^
    Mathew O: love the proportions! Scales are a bit too consistent throughout all the model though! and you might want to check the muscle definition and smooth out some areas in there so it doesnt look all segmented.
    Superfail: Thats looking super sweet :) Not sure how much is the polycount on FPS's these days, but isnt 7k too much for a gun? Keep it up!
    MoleTheMan: awww, super cute :) Id love to do a paintover for the lighting if i have time :)

Amazing job so far guys, this is super motivating! Keep posting!
  • Superfail
    ZeroCartin : The guns i have checkt in AAA games have around 5-7 k. Because you will se it all the time so it need to be the most polished. in my case i have alot of round shapes and i hate round hapes thats not round :P and for the ingame model i will delite all the Screws and bolts that's not visible and then i probably drop down to like 5k
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Made another head, wanted to do something a bit different. Yes the ears naff (again) but shhhh :p

mdr_head7_large.jpg
  • jonas-144
    Offline / Send Message
    jonas-144 polycounter lvl 6
  • JohnnySix
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Working on a little platformer using Construct 2 and HTML5 canvas:

work_in_progress_game_1_by_johnnysix-d4so4v7.png

Click image to play.
  • WarrenM
    Cross post from my WIP thread. I think it's almost there:

CC_ShotE.jpg
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    ZeroCartin wrote: »
    Elith: Beautiful! looks pretty neat!
    wester: nicep progress! Maybe get some color in there?
    Fred2303: Love it all, excepr for her forehead/hair in the front that looks a bit weird. Great job nonetheless!
    Dado Almeida:Awesome, love the ilumination!
    suburbbum: Impressive, love the teture work.
    jamaica1000grau: Cool style! The composition itself is really hard to read thoughm, you have way too many colors and shapes competing against each other. Also, IMO brushy strokes on the background dont really suit the style since everything's so blocky! Maybe try some other kind of bg?:P
    tits:Looking good! There is something on the pose though that;s weird. She looks really stiff. Great job on the clothing though, looking really nice. Iss the texture on it all tris?
    Kingblue: cool ^^
    Mathew O: love the proportions! Scales are a bit too consistent throughout all the model though! and you might want to check the muscle definition and smooth out some areas in there so it doesnt look all segmented.
    Superfail: Thats looking super sweet :) Not sure how much is the polycount on FPS's these days, but isnt 7k too much for a gun? Keep it up!
    MoleTheMan: awww, super cute :) Id love to do a paintover for the lighting if i have time :)

Amazing job so far guys, this is super motivating! Keep posting!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    Yeah the pose is really ''stiff'' at the moment cause it is still the ''T-pose'', Going to pose her in a dynamic one when everything is done.
    Not sure about what you mean by tris texture?
    If you are talking about the pattern on her suit, its an hexagon,
    Here's an older render, but you can see the pattern better
    hqSQh.jpg
  • Carlon
  • leslievdb
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    Two Listen wrote: »
    Ravenslayer: One thing I wonder about that axe, does the bar for the handle continue on in any way through the middle of all those "flamey" looking bits, that are currently holding the axe head? I can't tell but it doesn't look like it. Right now if the head is just being held on by those flamey parts I'd think it not to have as much strength as it'd need for some hardcore chopping, so maybe something in the middle just to illustrate some more stability.

...for some reason that stood out to me.

tnx, it's going to have some mass in the centre to give it a more solid look , i think it will be a gloweffect but it wil definitely not be an open space as it is now.

felt like sculpting something else tonight

zombiespeed_1203.png
  • Kosai106
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    Millenia wrote: »
    Shameless crosstoast from my Fallout: New Vegas thread
    Guess which one's made by an amateur and which one is made by a professional game artist *cough cough*

431125-1331468149.jpg

It looks great as usual man. :) Thumbs up!

@ Millenia nice detail, but the metal parts doesn't feel metal at all. more like plastic.

You know, aluminum doesn't just get as rusty as the original shows, it's very smooth on the surface. Sure, some of the edges looks a bit too round, but that's simply to be able to get some nice specularity going, as far as I know.
  • Miche
    WarrenMarshall: Hey man, you decided to go for a 1-handed mace? The proportions looks like so.. Like the handle a lot more now though, gj :)

Ravenslayer: Nice speedie, would like his jaw to hang more though.. Would look more nasty :)

Carlon: I like the color and where that is going! Keep it up!

odium: Nice, but I would like to see the stitching in the mouth area to cover the whole lips.. Just a feeling I got :) Gj though
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Been working on a moped prop the past few days. It seems to have taken ages, but the baking is pretty much done, except for a few little errors here and there. Crosspost from my Beach Bar thread!

prop_moped_1.jpg
  • Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    Made a whole bunch of villager retextures for Minecraft! My towns are now populated by these weirdos. :poly128:

These are all the basic ones: farmer, blacksmith, priest, librarian and butcher.

squidwards.jpg

And here's some variant versions for the use with the Randomobs mod for Minecraft:

zomg_moar_squidwards.jpg
  • Stinkhorse
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Wow those guys have a lot of character to them. I especially like that leering weirdo face you gave some of them.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    dd_boss_slime_king_06.jpg

still trucking on everything
  • Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    Stinkhorse wrote: »
    Wow those guys have a lot of character to them. I especially like that leering weirdo face you gave some of them.

Thanks, glad you like them!
  • VictorSantos
    Offline / Send Message
    VictorSantos polycounter lvl 12
    dotlc.jpg

We just made a new look for the website before we release the OPEN BETA of Defenders of the last Colony! The game made by 2 polycounters sharing the development here at the forum:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90700

REMEMBER that you can sign for the BETA on the website:

knittedpixels.wordpress.com/contact

or just by sending an email to:

knittedpixels@gmail.com

With BETA as SUBJECT.

screenshotwebsite.jpg
  • CandyStripes05
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    PogoP wrote: »
    prop_moped_1.jpg

i dont know about that tire tread man, the gaps and depth makes it appear to be for off road use - not that it would be much good off road - but it would certainly be a bumpy ride on smooth pavement not to mention that tread would wear out bare in no time

just looked at it again, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me tonight or could the bake on the wheels be inverted? ...time to get some sleep lol
  • Denny
    Offline / Send Message
    Denny polycounter lvl 14
    Superfail wrote: »
    =)...
    blaaax.png
    I don't want to be annoying but you still have "childeren" on the small white part of sticker. :D
  • shadownet752
    Offline / Send Message
    shadownet752 polycounter lvl 6
    Same model, but three different material/textures practice. Digging the wood and robot one, the stone one needs some work though. Either way, fun little exercise.
    Tiki_textures.png
  • pekoe
    Not sure if it's particularly interesting in this early stage, but I'm working on designing a modern ruin for the setting of my current game project. (overgrowth coming soon)

mossIMGs2_o.jpg
  • goulding57@gmail.com
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Learning some foliage techniques. Ferns:
    Ferns%21.JPG

More to come, eventually.

EDIT:
    Closer shot in Marm, with my original crazy big 2048 texture:
    Ferny.jpg
  • Blind Boy Grunt
    going with a wrestler. "Mr. Awesome"!

6832507886_347e23b78c_b.jpg
  • Nomad133
    Long time have i posted something... Anyway i am working on a Android game and as a result i am having to model like i used to model back in my FPSC days.

The texture is rough i will give you that, however i do hope to redo it, i just needed something to give me a understanding as to how i wanted it to look.

6ZZim.png
    O9yiG.png
    I think the cockpit will be the first thing that i will be revising...
  • Elith2
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    @Joopson

Very pretty on the fern :) Going to need to get some more of that done myself in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.