Home Dota 2

WoH Concepts

Hello!
My name is Vuk (eng. Wolf) and I am a concept artist. I am always looking for a modeler to help me bring my concepts to life! On this thread I am going to post some of my concepts and anyone interested that has some XP in making dota 2 workshop models + textures is welcome to send me a pm or post on this thread about the concept and if interested we can make something for dota 2 workshop!
TY for your time.
Welfey :)

Replies

• WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New concept made... It's a weapon for kunkka!
    SE3wle8.jpghttp:
    The idea is obvious. With this I would add some particles, animations, custom icons.
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is one of my first concepts and I am not sure for what hero would it be good. Any suggestions?
    VvAL9bZ.jpg
  • Markovnikov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markovnikov polycounter lvl 6
    Hi, welcome to Polycount!

Firstly, love the Daedalus concept, though the handle could do with being a tad larger.

As for the other one, its very busy. If that were to get made so much of the detail would become noise. Its not a bad idea, but it could do with some work. As for the hero... probably Doom would be the best wielder. Or Abaddon.
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, welcome to Polycount!

Firstly, love the Daedalus concept, though the handle could do with being a tad larger.

As for the other one, its very busy. If that were to get made so much of the detail would become noise. Its not a bad idea, but it could do with some work. As for the hero... probably Doom would be the best wielder. Or Abaddon.
    Thank you for advice! I was planing to change the handle it was a quick one to be honest... The first one does have a lot of details witch is nice but i knew that it will be a problem. Still i can work something out! Ty again feedback is really welcome and I am glad you like my concepts :) :thumbup:
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Welcome to polycount :)! I am a concept artist as well so nice to meet you (grab hands!

I like your second sword~ with that colourwise, i think it would be good for WK maybe~ and as above suggestion; yes it does look a bit busy BUT i believe that you can refine it easily.

when you look at that sword in small scale, you can see what shows up and whats not, clean the "not so clear" details out, and make the "clear" details bigger? or change the colour into something even more visible? then it will be all good i think :)
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm wrote: »
    Welcome to polycount :)! I am a concept artist as well so nice to meet you (grab hands!

I like your second sword~ with that colourwise, i think it would be good for WK maybe~ and as above suggestion; yes it does look a bit busy BUT i believe that you can refine it easily.

when you look at that sword in small scale, you can see what shows up and whats not, clean the "not so clear" details out, and make the "clear" details bigger? or change the colour into something even more visible? then it will be all good i think :)
    Ty, I agree!
    As I said it was my first ever concept. It's first xp with tablet and it was a bit strange. I started with a silhouette that i randomly made and I couldn't stop with details! I will try to make it a bit more clear, but I just love to take time and enjoy the time spent on making it. And the first sword I hate that handle.. Need to fix it asap :D
    Ty for advice!
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    v9drBSS.jpg
    New handle might work? Any ideas?
  • Markovnikov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Markovnikov polycounter lvl 6
    The handle is still too small. It would be a nightmare to grip.

m1917-naval-cutlass-2-full-length.jpg

Have a look at the proportions of this cutlass as an example. The handle is roughly a quarter of the sword's total length, as opposed to yours which is about a seventh.
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The handle is still too small. It would be a nightmare to grip.
    Have a look at the proportions of this cutlass as an example. The handle is roughly a quarter of the sword's total length, as opposed to yours which is about a seventh.
    I just don't have the feel for handle on this sword... It's just somehow hard for me to picture it with a handle in my mind. That was the prob with blade until i got inspired.. I just need to get the moment i guess.. Ty for suggestion :) Always welcome
  • WolfOfHonor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I recolored my old sword adjusted it for sven. The year of the ram is coming up and I would like to find an 3d artist to work with me on this project. Post a reply here and we can make it happen. R4NDfxu.jpg