Home Unreal Engine

Point Light Red X

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Stosh polycounter lvl 4
I have a Point Light in my scene that has a Red X over it. Now I assume this maybe a common thing. I have 3 other Point Lights that are the same thing duplicated from the original and the 4th has a Red X over it. I've deleted it and tried to duplicate from all of the other Point Lights, but the Red X shows up all the time. Even when I bring in a brand new Point Light into the scene, still a Red X over it. If anyone knows why this is happening and how I can fix this, it would be much appreciated to know.

-Stosh

Replies

• Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    If you check the light properties you can see there are three types: Static, Stationary and Dynamic. Both Static and Stationary needs to be baked but Stationary has some restrictions because it offers better quality than the Static so you can't put more than 3 close together or in the same radius. It's just a matter of knowing when to put Stationary lights when is more important or when the player will be close to it and leave Static lights to other places because they are free in terms of performance.
  • Stosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stosh polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you for that explanation. I put my cursor over each one to check out the tooltips and it makes more sense now. I'll have to play with that balance and experiment with it to see what works best.