Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• MikeB
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeB polycounter lvl 17
    @TheAxiom - Yeah, I saw that Exporter button and tested it out with the CryEngine calibration profile. The problem was that it exports each of the maps as their own file. My question was if there was a way to setup how it exports the maps. Maybe I'm missing an important step but, as far as I can see there is no way to control that in the Exporter window.
  • final_fight
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BboBgjGARc&list=UUNTZFGRsyqNtvI4T2syNkIw) about texturing AKSU, author show use of detail textures like Surface Chips. Where's the analogue of this effect in new DDO?
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9

You can just make a standard Photoshop layer. It won't break if you put it in the wrong place the way it used to.

kick ass thanks
  • TheAxiom
    Offline / Send Message
    TheAxiom polycounter lvl 3
    kick ass thanks

Yeah I've had to do that a few times. I've noticed manually editing the layer masks doesn't fuck anything up either.
  • final_fight
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    So, nobody knows?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Hi everybody, this will be a somewhat lengthy post, and i hope i didn't miss anyone, in that case let me know and Teddy will punish me accordingly!

Im working as a consultant for Quixel from time to time and I'm a personal friend of the dev team (Teddy) So here it goes, please let me know if your answers aren't satisfactory and I'll do my best to help you further, apologies if i missed anyone!

@Algetty - Thanks for reporting! Forwarding this to the dev team.

@Kyuzo - Yes its a set of values. The dev team is working on a solution so users can add their own profiles!

@Jasong - Forwarded question to dev team.

@Meshiah - Thanks a bunch for helping out!

@Bek - Thank you for taking the time to help others! also reported your bug regarding material deletion to the dev team.

@Dustinmaertz - Take a look on the wiki http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=toolbag2 let me know if you still have questions!

@Hal9000 - Its a known error, dev team is working on it! Sorry for any inconvenience!

@Grfxman - Forwarding to dev team. thanks for reporting!

@Izze - that is certainly strange, forwarding this to dev team, thank you for reporting this!

@Rizzia - This is a known bug, the dev team are working to fix it! hopefully this will be resolved shortly!

@Sythen - Thanks for reporting this, will forward to dev team!

@4GetRich - What system are you running the suite on?

@Spacejunkee - Thanks for linking the new tutorials!

@Spyral9 - Did you find the answer in the new tutorials?

@Outofmymind - Forwarding this to dev team, anybody else having this problem?

@MikeB - We’ve found similar bugs with 3do not updating, regarding the update bug it is also forwarded! Found some more questions from you and they are ofc also forwarded :)
    I can however answer the last question for you, Setting your own default settings for 3do is coming in the future!

@Mikezoo - Forwarding to dev team, thank you!

@Gheromo - Bug report received!

@Electro - Forwarding to dev team!

@Smoluck - Unsure why this would happen, i will forward it to dev team!

@Livenda - I’m not entirely sure i understand what you mean with “textures won’t load” can you please explain more? Regarding the issues they look normal map related, do you have any of these spots on the demo projects? Thanks for reporting and hopefully we can resolve theses issues soon!

@Kharn - Question forwarded to dev team!

@Final_Flight - Unsure of this one, forwarding it to dev team!

@Jaidek - Forwarded to dev team, Thank you!

@Boumay - Forwarded to dev team, it is strange indeed!

@Meloncov - Thanks for clearing that up for JadeEyepanda and Skyline3gtr :)

@Final_Fight - Im sorry but I’m not sure what you’re asking for, please have a look at the wiki section for DDO http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddointro
    and let me know if you can’t find your answer there!
  • Eric Ramberg
    And if someone could tell me why i can't change my profile picture i would be very grateful :D
  • PilotPirx
    What am I doing wrong? Week ago everything worked fine - i made some NormalMaps from diffuse.But i had to reinstall PS and NDO - now i v got this strange normal map (like mixing with diffuse)

now:
    image.jpg

before:
    image.jpgnormal_from_photo_-_nownormal_from_photo_-_now
  • cerverus94
    Offline / Send Message
    cerverus94 polycounter lvl 10
    I have little problem whit 3DO...

it opens to full screen instead in window mode how it should do

any solution?
  • Bejou
    Hi ! I'v got some trouble with 3DO, it don't load the obj mesh in the preview window. I tried with my own obj files and with the sample projects but it didn't change anything (there is just the original sphere). I saw that few of peoples got this problem, if anyone has a solution ? Or maybe it will be corrected in the next update ?

Other question, i bought the Quixel Suite for Hobby and Freelance and the soft never ask for the licenses, this is because it's a Beta and the licenses will be needed after Septembre 8 ? or i'm doing something wrong ?

Last question, the nDo2 is the nDo inside the beta, or this is two separate things ? (my license is for nDo2)

Thanks in advance, the software is truly awesome !
  • OutOfMyMind
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    Is nDo working in 1.3? I import normal map, mix it and try to paint anything like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHa-h2S-NNY
    but after I press convert nothing really happens and nothing gets painted? Is there any other tutorial to the current version that can teach me how to paint? Am I doing something wrong or it just not work currently?
  • rickky
    I download the last version and don't find the fbx swatches can someone tell me where it is ?
  • whosaidnya
    zyIMdiL.png
    I had this (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042260)...) problem like other users have. At first I set all suite's applications rights to admin, but it didn't resolve the problem (it may be necessary, but not sufficient). But what resolve it, in my case, is to rename folder name from Beast's to Beasts - delete the apostrophe. So may be the root of the error is lying down in area of file names overflowing and allowed characters.
    Hope it help to someone.
  • Dancuka
    Offline / Send Message
    Dancuka polycounter lvl 3
    Im having the same problem as Livenda. None of the detail-textures of the materials are loading to the project. They are not loading in even if I try to create my a custom masks with the textures that are provided. Here is a pic. I tried a bunch of smart materials but the details are not loading in. Here I added the Battle armor -material straight up and this is how it looks. The scratches are not loading into the masks. This happened after I updated to 1.3. Tried with some other calibration presets but didnt help. :(
    ddobug.jpg

Fot the heck of it tried the same with the example helmet you guys provided. Just loaded maps and added Armor -smart material. No scratches etc nowhere :(
    -
    ddobug2.jpg

--
    EDIT:

I got the problem fixed by uninstalling and downloading the 1.3 installer from your site. The update through the splashscreen from 1.2 didnt seem to work for some reason or something.

--
  • mikezoo
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    whosaidnya wrote: »
    zyIMdiL.png
    I had this (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042260)...) problem like other users have. At first I set all suite's applications rights to admin, but it didn't resolve the problem (it may be necessary, but not sufficient). But what resolve it, in my case, is to rename folder name from Beast's to Beasts - delete the apostrophe. So may be the root of the error is lying down in area of file names overflowing and allowed characters.
    Hope it help to someone.

Can you elaborate on this? I have that issue everywhere. What folder are you reamaning? Your project folder?
  • Pendali
    Quote: "The number 1 prioritized feature right now is UE4 workflow (roughness & metalness)."

Hi! I am having real trouble wrapping my mind around what maps goes where in UE4.
    (There are a lot of contradicting information out there)
    I wish that there was a "best practices", workflow or tutorial that I could follow. :-)

Edit: I managed to figure it out.. A "best practices" tutorial would still be a good Idea tho. ^^,
  • whosaidnya
    mikezoo wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this? I have that issue everywhere. What folder are you reamaning? Your project folder?

Yes, my project folder. Folder which contains subfolders for meshes and textures .All the generated maps went to textures folder.
  • Gracko
    Hi, i´m new in this forum

I have the same problem that OutOfMyMind. I´ve downloaded the quixel suite and when i try to do something in Ndo...nothings happens :( I´ve downloaded the version Ndo2 and this works. Anyone can explain us this?

Pd: sorry for my english
  • lukas.chrapek
    Offline / Send Message
    lukas.chrapek polycounter lvl 4
    Hi

I just update to 1.3 version and cross one big bug for me, I dont know if I only one what have this, but is very annoying.

Here is video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyCFg1c6v8&feature=youtu.be

I try reinstal drivers for my Cintiq, but wont help and its only happen when Quixel Suite and I start 3DO , with DDO and NDO, dont do it.
    I just trying reinstal Quixel Suite to version 1.0.
    If anybody have solution for this, let me know. Thanks.

Edit: also version 1.0 do it.
  • Pendali
    Hi

I just update to 1.3 version and cross one big bug for me, I dont know if I only one what have this, but is very annoying.

Here is video:

I try reinstal drivers for my Cintiq, but wont help and its only happen when Quixel Suite and I start 3DO , with DDO and NDO, dont do it.

Go to affinity on the quixel process and try to free up one of your cpu cores. I wonder if that will fix it? you could also try some other usb port. (that sometimes works for me)
  • whosaidnya
    Hi

Here is video:

I had kind of the same problem like your strokes, but with transformation boxes of the layer. No problems with my Bamboo drawing though.
  • 4GetRich
  • lukas.chrapek
    Offline / Send Message
    lukas.chrapek polycounter lvl 4
    Hi

Here is video:

So I find solution for this, and it is in Quixel Suite itself, I dont know why I didt saw it but I saw it today morning. 3DO can cause painting issue, and in side menu is Make 3DO Topmost (Prevent painting issue)... this solve my problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52623513/Screenshot%202014-07-27%2009.52.37.png
  • 4GetRich
    Funny thing.
    I can't get 3DO work by quixel suite app, but if i go 3DO folder and start it there, it works fine...
    Sad that this doesn't work with DDo and NDo...
  • 4GetRich
    Hi

Here is video:

This look pretty similiar problem than what i got with my Wacom and flash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDytny1lpUQ&list=UUMtJHTvPJdTqADeRmoLu0cA

Here Is what i got help from wacom support that time, hopely it helps here too...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Please follow these steps.

-Unplug the tablet from the computer.
    -Uninstall the driver from the PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (respectively ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS) section of the Control Panel
    -Reboot your system

Plug in the tablet again and wait for windows to first install its own drivers and notify you when your device is ready to use.

Now please install the latest driver for your tablet which is...

ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/pro637-6.exe

Once installed reboot your computer.

Now we will remove the user preferences to your tablet::
    First go to Windows Start > All Programs > Wacom Tablet > Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility

Click on Remove All User preferences.
    Close window and try the tablet again.
    If you have configured your tablets Express keys and settings you can back up these preferences by clicking Backup and then restoreing the file when you need it.

Please be sure to only connect the USB directly tnot using any usb hubs or extentions. please try other available usb ports and another computer if possible to see if the same occurs.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  • 4GetRich
    Some Update For My Problem.
    Here Is How Far I Have Got With My Suite Pack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XSvKkb7Bw&feature=youtu.be

Annoying thing is that i was suposed to do some cool stuff in my summer vacaution but no, this dam thing ain't even starting up. I am really getting pissed here, i have one week left my vacaution and seem like i am not able to do anything whole damn month.

I just... ARRRGGGHH !!! This have cost me so much time and money... And i am not even able to use legacy ones couse thoe doesn't work!!! FFS...

I lost 2 customers also while i was fighting this damn problem.... and that's for me a 2 too many cause those were my 2 first customers... and i think final ones also... so that's end of my freelance story perhaps...

Oh and only help i have got this is, 2 weeks after update i get email try our new update... Like i haven't yet...
  • tajomaru
    Offline / Send Message
    tajomaru polycounter lvl 5
    Dancuka wrote: »
    I got the problem fixed by uninstalling and downloading the 1.3 installer from your site. The update through the splashscreen from 1.2 didnt seem to work for some reason or something.[/U][/B]
    --

I'm having the same problem as Dancuka. However, I've been looking for the 1.3 installer in Quixel's website without success. The installer I found in their website only comes updated to 1.2 and on first run asks to update to 1.3. Dancuka, where can I find the 1.3 installer that you describe in your post? Thanks in advance.
  • rares
    Offline / Send Message
    rares polycounter lvl 9
    i'm having some difficulties finding the screenshots that 3do takes, anybody know where it saves them ?

edit:
    nevermind, messy desktop makes life hard :D
  • 4GetRich
    Hey,

Some reason 3DO doesn't start at location C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release
    but works fine at location C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\3DO.
    I wonder could that be same reason why NDO and DDO won't start up?
    If BIN folder got something weird going on?
  • Pendali
    How do you make a layered material in Ddo slant either up or down.? would have been nice to have an easy button to push for this..
  • logan845
    http://s18.postimg.org/kt3cf4fnt/problem.jpg
    please help me m stuck trien uninstalling n installing
    tried 5.2 and 6.0 ddo
    on windows 7 and 8.1

ddomarmoset.exe 64 bit not opening individually
    32 bit work fine
  • Meloncov
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    So reinstalling the suite got the textures to show up, but as soon as I mess with the texture intensity slider, they're gone again. Just flat color.
  • Sythen
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    @Sythen - Thanks for reporting this, will forward to dev team!

Resolved: My inital install directory for Quixel Suite 1.0 was E:/ while I installed the update of 1.3 to C:/ Resulted in unlinked files. Reinstall corrected the issue.

I do however have a question, the Deus Ex scene does point at using masked exports from Quixel and then material parameters to choose colors, roughness values etc..

However it seems currently 1.3 Beta has no way of Exporting specific masks, or binding Albedo, Roughness and Metallic maps together, or exporting an ID map, the export tool is fairly simple.

What is the best workflow for UE4? I've seen a whole plethora of other methods, and I'm still trying to work out a current workflow.

Can anyone share some light on this matter? :)
  • Dolec
    Offline / Send Message
    Dolec polycounter lvl 2
    Hi,I would like to know if there is a simple way how to override DynaMask with hand paint mask (if I want specific damage or areas affected, hard achievable by procedural/automatic way) which will be automatically used in all maps (Albedo, Gloss, Metalness, Normal, etc.)
    So far I know is the way how to override it is to do it manually in all masks separately, which is not user friendly.
    Should be really great (and needed for game developers as us) to be able to easily apply these custom maps.. sometimes You need to select some bolts, stickers or just erase some areas in automatically created masks) is this procedure somewhere explained a little bit further?

Do You think there is a way how to paint these hand paint masks seamlessly sometime in the future? I mean like in real painter as ZBrush, Substance Painter, etc. Generally speaking, if You have a mesh cutted in UV´s and you want to paint custom handmade mask crossing these seams, You need to paint it in third party editor to be sure it fits and than apply it somehow back in DDO.

Stay tooned guys, it is a big improvement last few months and just a few steps are needed to be really great help for game artists..

Cheers,
    Radim
  • Daedalus51
    Offline / Send Message
    Daedalus51 polycounter lvl 5
    Heyho,

first of all, thanks a lot for all the great improvements, and of course...finally UE4 support! We, at the office, and I myself at home have a blast using the tools!

During my latest works I came up with some questions I would like to ask:

• Will there be a tutorial in the near future on how to set up the Cross App mode with UE4? That would be really, really helpful ;) (Sadly, even with the UE4 profiles, things dont look as nice as in 3Do, so getting UE4 as a previewer might help quite a bit^^)
    • How do I add a smart material to multiple IDs? For example, I have two colors, but while working, I decide that they should both use the same material. What I did now is apply the material multiple times for several IDs, but that is getting hard to manage and slows dDo down. So for example, adding a material without IDs, then right klick the mask window and then shift+click multiple colors to make one ID out of them could be a solution.
    • Is there any option to rotate the material? For example, if I am not satisfied with the direction of the brushed metal or wood? (maybe there is but I was just too blind^^)
    • Normally in UE4, only the base color input needs gamma correction (sRGB). All other calculations are handled in Linear Space. So Roughness, AO, Normalmap and Metallic actually do not need to have sRGB on. How is that handled with the exporter? When I deactivate sRGB for those textures in Unreal, the roughness definitely looks wrong and to power it by 2.2 or apply sRGB does the job. Anyway, that feels kind of wrong or I am not getting it^^
    • Is there a way to add normal detail based on the scratch mask for something? Like all the painted metal smart materials have no information, but what if I would like to have very thick paint? In the old dDo that was done automatically, but the new one seems to be lacking that option.
    • One last thing, when I apply one material as a base (without any ID) and then add another material on top of it which is masked by one ID, the normal information from the material below is still present in the one that is masked by an ID on top of it. Is it supposed to be like that? Because that makes it quite hard to get a base for everything and then add fancy stuff on top of it.
    • Example: I had an object which should be metal. So I globally added a metal smart material. Then, I had a small part on that object that should be covered with plastic, so I applied the plastic material via an ID. Then, I opened the ID mask with the mask editor, to add a texture to the ID mask, so that the ID mask gets scratched or broken up and underneath it, you could see the metal shine through. However, as mentioned above the normal information from the a bit bumpy metal was also visible in the plastic part and I could not get rid of it.

Hui....sorry, thats quite a lot^^ Hope to get some infos from you guys and keep up the amazing work :)

PS: Damn...two really last things :D Its probably quite complicated, but I still just want to ask^^

• Are you guys thinking about adding direct paint support via 3Do? So When I have a mask, I let the mask preview on the mesh and paint out areas where I want the mask to be black directly on the mesh instead on the texture in PS (kind of mudbox style) That would be just too f***** cool :D
    • Are there any new informations on the megascans? There are things on the web that are definitely not done with the library currently available and I am waiting like crazy to get my hands on the scan library^^ Would be cool to know since Q2 2014 is actually over :P
  • Enfy
    Offline / Send Message
    Enfy null
    Hi there, I have the same issue as a few peole mentioned above: 3do won't display custom meshes or textures when creating new project with ddo. It just shows the default sphere.

Just to be completely shure that I'm not doing smth wrong I've downloaded helmet sample file and did exact steps as shown in video "DDO & 3DO Workflow Primer" and after creating a base I hit 3do button and getting a sphere. However when I'm starting 3do whithout launching ddo and use custom loader I can import meshes and textures no problem. It looks like as if ddo can't connect to 3do. Anyway i'm viewing textures in marmoset but it would be cool to have 3do function properly.

Also about software I've noticed that everyone who has this problem have windows 8.1 installed and PS CC 2014, I do have the same config but I've also tried to launch 3do on another system with Windows 8.1 and PS CC (not 2014) and it produced the same default sphere so my guess is that problem is Windows 8.1 :shifty:

UPD: Tested on two other workstations, one with Win7 and CC 2014 - 3do works fine, custom meshes showing up, another pc with Win8.1 and CS6 - 3do showing default sphere again.
  • ryanreid
    Quick question, every time I import my 3d obj with its normals and ID map. The object appears chrome with no texture viewing in 3DO. Anyone know how to fix this? IF so please tell me straight forward. Thanks
  • bluekangaroo
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
  • Sieve
    ryanreid wrote: »
    Quick question, every time I import my 3d obj with its normals and ID map. The object appears chrome with no texture viewing in 3DO. Anyone know how to fix this? IF so please tell me straight forward. Thanks

What texture do you mean?
  • ACap
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    I have a problem.
    At the first - all my patterns died after quixel install. It was sad.
    It would be cool to have them saved somewhere or at least warn me before install.

I created complex preset with many layer styles involved. Different on albedo, gloss, specular etc.
    I want to save this preset as a base for my next project.
    I am just copy preset folder and make reimport inputs, choosing my new textures.
    Rerender works perfectly but after that 3do show me blank black texture when I tweaking the masks. I am not sure, but I think problem in reimport mesh function.
    It would be great to see mask tweaks in 3do after mesh reimport.

Saving smart materials does not save layer style. It would be cool to save those information too.

It would be great to have more options in export dialog.
    I mean naming options, to have ability to assign any suffix to the map name.

thank you for the great product. Eagerly waiting for official release!
  • sylvernight
    I've had this happen twice to me how so i'm reporting it as a bug, though i don't know if its one that can be fixed.

sometimes i get ahead of myself and misclick. In this case, if i click the color swatch for a layer in DDO's window and the color picker opens, i sometimes accidently click a different color swatch(i'm moving too fast and need to slow down), when the first picker's already open, Quixel Suite crashes trying to open a second one and i'm left staring at photoshop wondering how the feck i'm going to recover my progress because I hadn't yet saved it as a project...

I sadly have no pictures or video of this behavior. Just that its easily reproduced by trying to open multiple instances of the color picker(on accident)

Edit 1) On a whim(and a prayer) I reopened quixel suite after closing 3do(which doesn't crash, btw), and it seems the suite was made well enough to ..i guess recognize that i had project files still open? i'm able to edit all the same materials still.

either way the crash isn't as show stopping as i had originally believed but it is rather inconvenient and frustrating when it happens.
  • Jestic91
    Offline / Send Message
    Jestic91 polycounter lvl 7
    Is there a 3ds max version from the script 'ddoMaterialManager.mel'?

Is there an alternative? Or am I missing something obvious that it is not needed for 3ds max?
  • mats effect
    Maybe I am just being blind but, I can see the option for cry engine calibration that was added?
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Maybe I am just being blind but, I can see the option for cry engine calibration that was added?

It's not in the calibration list for a new project, but it's the top one in the Exporter list.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    I have nothing specific to report, just that 3do crashes ALOT. Especially when updating maps or making changes
  • Alpha1dash1
    Offline / Send Message
    Alpha1dash1 polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, on the tutorial video I can see that the materials can be modified. However the material field is empty for me. Win7, CS6.
  • David Somers
    Offline / Send Message
    David Somers polycounter lvl 10
    Hey guys quick question. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I'd been trying to pick up the $99 Freelance version, but I keep consistently running into an issue during payment. Basically even though all my card info is entered right, it always comes back telling me:

"Payment declined Refused by acquirer. Try again or choose another payment type."

I feel like I'm not the only one who's had the issue, but I definitely have enough to afford it. Just something finicky about their payment system then?
  • sziada
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    Quixel suite not working with Photoshop CC 2014, when ever I try to run it through, it won't allow me to use Ddo or Ndo
  • mats effect
    leleuxart wrote: »
    It's not in the calibration list for a new project, but it's the top one in the Exporter list.

Thank you :)
  • mikezoo
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    I have nothing specific to report, just that 3do crashes ALOT. Especially when updating maps or making changes

Same deal here dude. After reformatting my computer, i cant even get quixel suite to open with photoshop. Major bummer because this software is super rad. unfortunately like most products in beta, its just super buggy. Really looking forward to testing out the next version! :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.