Home Technical Talk

Rotated Collisions

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
erick6 polycounter lvl 8
Hello all!

My team and I have been having this issue for as long as we can remember. Whenever we export a CGF from Maya or Max, and import it into the SDK, the collisions will be rotated when turning on "show proxy". We tried using ResetXForm on Max, freezing transformations on Maya, and all the obvious solutions. The way the collisions are rotated appear to be a bit random but always in 90 degrees. Everything is nested, grouped, and named correctly, and everything but the collisions works okay.

The strange thing is, this problem varies by computer. We have about 10 computers, but 2 of them always export them perfectly. What we've been doing it is exporting the CGFs in one of those 2 computers, but as you can imagine we're taking too much time doing it and would like a better solution. Does anyone know how to fix this or how we can prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• [Ste Pie]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Ste Pie] polycounter lvl 2
    Hi erick, from my experience, different builds of the engine export cgf's on a random axis sometimes, it could be 90 degrees in X or 180 degrees in the Z.

A simple solution could be to check which build the exporter for Max/Maya are pointing to in the Cryengine settings and setting them all to the same build for consistency when you export.

I will check myself to see if this problem has been resolved in 3.8.2
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    One thing I've found helps when I rarely encounter this in max is exporting a dummy with the mesh linked to it.