Home Unreal Engine

UDK Terrain Edit Issues

I'm having some issues with editing the height of the terrain in udk (2010-05)

The problem I'm having is when I try to add height, average or really anything (except flatten) in some spots of the terrain, those areas shoot down far below the rest of the terrain.... while the surrounding areas react as expected...

I couldn't seem to find anything about this in a general search... so I'm assuming this is something I'm unknowing doing...? It seems to be as if I'm toggleing something... as it comes and goes....

Can anyone shed some light on this issue I'm having?

Replies

• 3DRyan
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    cntrl + left click- raises terrain, cntrl + right click- lowers terrain.

Are you maybe just hitting right click?
  • Neavah
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm left clicking, and/or using my tablet... there seems to be a correlation with changing the brush size, and this 'shooting' effect...
    A restart seems to fix the problem - its just annoying to restart udk every time I want to change the brush size....

Thanks again :)
  • Snight
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    Are you using the Brush presets? or are you adjusting the Strength/Radius/Falloff yourself? If you are using the presets, note that all of them have their strength set to 100.
  • Neavah
    I am using brush presents.
    Thanks for the reply - as this issue for me seems to be confined to the presents (even if the strength is changed to 0 I still get the issue). No problem if I don't use them - just manually change the settings.
    Works for me :)

Thanks again!
  • samohickey
    Hey! I'm having this issue too. It's a map I've had for a long time, never had issues with it and I know how to use the Terrain editor.. decently, I thought.
    If I CTRL+LEFT or CTRL+RIGHT it shoots straight down.. Like..
    Extremely down on the Z Axis. A rediculous amount.. Started happening after I'd clicked the Average tool in the terrain editor. Not sure what the deal is?