Home General Discussion

Autodesks 2015

Replies

• joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    I still really don't get all the fuss about marking menus compared to contextual right click in max (way more user friendly and always relevant to the task at hand. Would be nice to Autodesk to at least give the option to have that in Maya...)
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    They removed it for multi-cut tool i believe which is way better.
  • antweiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    antweiler polycounter lvl 8
    I still really don't get all the fuss about marking menus compared to contextual right click in max
    Most MMs are context sensitivel as well. The advantage over RMB context menu is, that you dont have to wait for the menu to appear, instead, after learning the direction of your command, only a dircectional stroke is required, like the controls of a game. Much quicker. I wonder why they havent appeared in MAX, since Autodesk aquired the patents with the Alias aquisition.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    antweiler wrote: »
    Most MMs are context sensitivel as well. The advantage over RMB context menu is, that you dont have to wait for the menu to appear, instead, after learning the direction of your command, only a dircectional stroke is required, like the controls of a game. Much quicker.

downside however is that it limits you to very few options you can safely hit this way whereas the max quad menu can be nested and as complex as you want it. then you're looking at having multiple marking menus. ewwww.
    I wonder why they havent appeared in MAX, since Autodesk aquired the patents with the Alias aquisition.

too busy implementing new parametrical door- and window-ledge primitives i reckon...