Home General Discussion

Come play Ark with us!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
anyone curious about playing ARK: Survival evolved i just started up a fresh server, come ride a dino with me!
CoffeeKingdom server 209.170.149.82:44721
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8ZP7UoRV8[/ame]

Replies

• Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Necro-thread, engage!

Just got into this game, last week.

WHY ARE WE NOT GOING CRAZY OVER THIS AMAZING GAME!?

I'm playing on a private server, with a bunch of people from work. What an insanely ambitious and awesome game this is. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this consumed by a game.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I've sunk about 40 hours into it on my own server and have gotten quite a way through the levelling system. It's definitely fun, but still has a long way to go. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finally out of early access and could be considered a complete game :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I had a pretty tough time getting into this one. Joined a friends server who had lots of tamed dino's and stuff. While it seems decent, I couldnt get past the horrid frame rates, even on a pretty beefy computer. 
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    slipsius said:
    I had a pretty tough time getting into this one. Joined a friends server who had lots of tamed dino's and stuff. While it seems decent, I couldnt get past the horrid frame rates, even on a pretty beefy computer. 
    That's odd. I definitely had to play with my settings, but I'm fine on an i7, gtx970M mobile machine. Maybe they've done some optimizations since initial early access launch. I know that it had its fair share of issues at the time. It's still a bit clunky here/there, but there are updates constantly. So far, nothing has stood in the way of fun.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I'm not sure the performance complaints still hold up either - I'm on an i7-4790k with a GTX970 and it's generally speaking pretty good, only the occasional bit of hitching which I assume to be to do with streaming, but it's so infrequent I can shrug it off.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    slipsius said:
    Playing on a 5/7 yr old pc, when i had time to game, luckily got into a tribe of one of the pve servers.  But before that was on pvp and held my own freaking epic-ally i have to say, did however watch a lot of vids before taking the plunge, I made a two floor box with in a box with spikes surrounding it with a trick way to get to my door without hitting every spike on a slanted hill.

I took out a alpha raptor when i was lvl 21?/31? i forget but it was epic that slanted hill pwned his butt but at one point i was under him and feared for my life. ;)  Tamed two lvl 100 dilo's as my walking around "dogs" at lvl 11.  Downed all of the big dinos alone i just always ran back to my base and let them kill them selves but also arrowed them and piked them down, really wish i could have also recorded these moments they where all epic (to me).

Before i was forced out and left on my own accord to not deal with a group of peeps, I had an odd issue with a group but even that fight was kick ass, they build across the lake from me they had 3 places, i still had my dilo's and chiten(sp?) armor and i had an apprentice cross bow because i killed a spino, so i also rocked the skull skin and walked right up to them and just arrowed the lead in the head with tranq arrows, he has a trike him and the trike killed one of my dilo's the 1st =/ lvl 125 then my lvl 123 survived and we took them all out.

Then i ventured away from my base and thought i was safe to log next morning i didn't have anything on me... i ran back to my base and went on a rampage eliminated any base near mine, so when they logged it was all gone, I had a few bombs stowed away at my place, nobody got to mine.  I decided to leave the server and erase all the stuff so no one could scavenge it.

Then i went to that pve up top, tames a ton of dino's for baby making, i had plans but they where cut short because i have IRL issues to deal with and missed that cool Halloween theme/thingy.

Anyway if nobody has tried it yet i recommend it, lots of fun most time on solo if you like to feel like a one man army, well if you can handle your own that is.

Good times, i wouldn't mind taking a weekend to revisit it.
    Yes i was running on lowest settings possible.
    I was around lvl 50 when i left the pvp server =/ wish i could move that toon to another, did it all solo on pvp pretty hardcore.

Also the place wasn't meant to be pretty. Posted for those that care to see it all.. =p.
    Found some pudding: Smudging name because i really like it.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Same here Arkaria, but i wanted to play it and i made it work somehow, wish i didn't have to worry about my place getting shrekt but if your on pvp that's how the game goes. =/
    I really hate restarting tbh, at least let me move the higher lvl toons around other servers. =/