Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Akira´s Project

Hello there,
almost done my last personal project. A lowpoly model based on Akira´s anime, kaneda. My first time with Marmoset, a lot things to study, but definitely it´s awesome to make real time renders.
...any critics or tips are welcome...thanks
HASTA
wip_texture_01.jpg
test-shaders.jpg
wip_texture_05.jpg
wip_texture_06.jpg
wip_face_01.jpg
wip_gun_02.jpg
wip_gun_01.jpg
wip_gun_03.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Good job here!

The materials are reading a little flat, I think it lacks a dirt/grime pass and some general gradients.

Also, your lighting is hurting this a lot. Need to work on the lighting quite a bit more.

Pretty cool looking hair. I would be interested to see a breakdown on that! :)
  • Suba
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Agreed. It looks cool but the white light is not that nice to present this guy.
  • Stirls
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    Also, it seems like you have no AO on. I suggest pumping that up to get better definition.
  • DesignByKivi
    Offline / Send Message
    DesignByKivi polycounter lvl 11
    Really loving the gun/weapon design you've got going on there.
    Especially the white plastic, covering otherwise the black boring tube/cable. Don't know why, but it really caught my eye.

But as Stirls mentioned - it looks like you don't have AO currently, or if you do, crank it up.
  • Biano
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for the tips, i added more dirt grime and AO, and try to play more with the light.
    i´m working in the project breakdown , hasta
    beauty_03.jpg
  • oxblood
    Offline / Send Message
    oxblood polycounter lvl 9
    Ahh wow. Love the textures on the gun. Can u see them?
  • Aublak
    Man, he looks killer. Where can I get that jacket?

I do feel like the color in his face is too even. Maybe you could add some more red in there, considering he is exhausted.
  • dr grim
    Pretty cool indeed. I watched Akira recently and even though I missed the train on what it represents in terms of animation and its message I can see the character there being pretty well represented. A few comments, tho:

1) The pose feels a bit stiff and so does his facial expression. I'd push both.
    2) If I remember correctly that gun is used towards the end and sh*t has gone down so he shouldn't be that clean. I'd add some dips, dents and whatnot to show he's been through some hell. That shirt is waaaaaaay too white and that jacket is begging for some dirt.
    3) I agree with the comment above about the diffuse needing a bit more color variation on the face.

That aside, it's looking pretty good.