Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    4chan will get them, don't worry.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    I suggest reading 'combatting cult mind control' and getting a copy of 'bare faced messiah' - a Hubbard history - its VERY hard to find (geee, wonder why?).

Its important to realise taht brainwashing does not require swirly patterns and bizarre machines - its actually a human reflex that can be brought on through various well established techniques.
    The issue is not scientologists freedom of beleifs- its is the way that they toy with an individuals freedom of belief.

Some basic tips for avoiding cults - Be very careful with anything that pulls you away to a compound / camp / weekend off / meditation retreat / farm etc, etc. Isolation, along with love bombing, sleep deprivation and thought stopping (singing, chanting, etc)are the first footholds.

Freedom of thought. Choice. Respect for others freedom of choice.

Im off to join the Jedi - the dark broody ones with capes, not the grim politicians in judo outfits.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    'Love bombing', b.t.w is swamping a potential member with positive behavior - being really nice, giving, helpful, accepting - and in some groups physical (Raelians have been rumoured to use sex as a lure).

Anyone see the IQ tests offered by the sci boys?
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]

Some basic tips for avoiding cults - Be very careful with anything that pulls you away to a compound / camp / weekend off / meditation retreat / farm etc, etc. Isolation, along with love bombing, sleep deprivation and thought stopping (singing, chanting, etc)are the first footholds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude by this measurement a good highschool year with some fun camps and loving teachers could be considered a cult, I dont think its that simple, I think individuals should just make sure they are informed about what they are getting into and dont just agree to go away with or sign up to random organisations. If I took your perspective then searching existence beyond athiesm would be impossible, everything would induce paranoia about cults and people trying to change my beliefs. Not the kind of life I want to lead.

Oh and Jesse the jedi vs scientology pics , I LOLD!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    you just described my highschool experience, for seriously!
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    ah man, I just got hit up with that email and phone call too
    hahaha
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Gah, they won't leave me alone!!

"Mike, I found your resume on the net in a search for VFX artists. I'm looking for some freelance talent for a number of VFX projects that I am engaged in at Golden Era Productions, the audio-visual branch of the Church of Scientology.

We produce graphics, short VFX movies and other CG elements for broadcast events that we hold seven times a year. And although we already have in our hire numerous VFX artists, our load is ever-increasing and I am looking for some new talent. Schedules and rates are negotiable and I can bring in talent from across the country.

If you are interested and available or can make yourself available, drop me a line so that we can discuss.

Thanks in advance.

Jon Stumbke
    Asst Producer
    Golden Era Productions"

At least this time they actually said who they were instead of me having to google it.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    it would be a completely valid religion if they didnt charge people for the ability to learn about it. all of these mainstream religions are equally nutso and require great leaps of faith to believe, and the mythology in all of them contradicts what science says, but people still believe. when people start charging to be told myths though, that is when it's crazy.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    and in some groups physical (Raelians have been rumoured to use sex as a lure).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I sign up?! I might be more willing to listen to Jehovah's Witnesses if they used these kinds of tactics... I still wouldn't believe any of it, but I could pretend.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    This is so unbelievably lame.
    Scientology is only a danger to those ignorant enough to be willing to pay money to it. It's a sad truth, but people are stupid and you can't try to save them all. Why devote precious time to that?
    I hate Scientology just as much as the next person (that isn't Scientologist) but why fight a battle against a crowd of sheep that won't listen?
    Turning people away from the "church" is a great idea, but in the end it all comes down to whether or not they're willing to pay money to get aliens sucked out of their rectum by the divine lips of Tom Cruise.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    so wasnt something meant to happen today? How much of the day is left in US terms?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Go Internet FTW!
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    0732.png
    This pretty much sums up how things will go down.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    it was pretty crazy here in LA. i was driving down hollwood blvd and there were tons of people lining the streets with masks and signs saying honk if you hate scientoloy.. and all the cars were honking like crazy.. its was pretty cool to hear that many cars honking at once. i can honestly say i haven't heard anything like it before, we are talking hundreds of car horns..
    from reading the news reports it seems like lots of people turned up in all the major cities.. pretty cool that much support can be mustered up for a cause on the internet with a few silly videos.

i can see it now..

scientology sues entire world..
    in england
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Arsh thats awesome. I don't know if anything went down in Chicago. I wasn't in the downtown area. This is awesome though..

250px-I_want_scientology_finished.png

CNN-spoofing-scientology.jpg
  • SchwimmelPuckel
    Chicago:
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aMTV9e49WYM

Reports from all over at Operation Clambake MB:
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=25494

From my neck of the woods:
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=25412

Yeah.. Hello everybody! - Been a long time since I made an embarrasment of myself here! laugh.gif