Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

GWOZD Assault Rifle [WIP]

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
martinszeme polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone!

So after Yorkshire Polycount meetup I thought I need to participate in the forums more. So here goes my first WIP thread.
Concept is from this guy: http://karanak.deviantart.com/ Sorry, don't know his full name.

n2EyjfU.png

n2EyjfU.png

ktMdg62.png

TX09a98.png

WKA7ccd.png

NCpKcfk.jpg

So far I've done most of the "body" of it. I still need model the other side as at the moment everything is perfectly symmetrical.
Some areas in the concept are either not finalised or they don't seam practical so I am trying to design them on my own.
So I thought that instead of that light/laser on top of grenade launcher I'd put extra magazine in cloth holster attached to velcro strip. So you could velcro different types of things if needed, like bandages, extra battery etc.
On the other side which is the main side (as viewed from players perspective) I put a military style light. I didn't really like the one on the concept as it looke odd with that button/light on the side. I modelled it quickly to have a look though:
qkWgzO6.png

Also I am stuck with the grenade launcher as it looks too plain and the concept is a bit too loose to follow ir properly. I'll have to think about detailing it, maybe adding some heat radiators or a grip.

I didn't really follow the concept for the scope area as I kind of liked the idea of the circular screen to show ammo or some other stats (maybe a radar?). I also think that the front scope guide is not needed, as you couldn't aim with it so I think to remove it.
Any comments and critique is welcome!

Replies