Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Kheprer Temple

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Hitsu San polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, i know i'm kinda late but a friend persuaded me to participate so here's the establishing sketches. I'm going to do a hitech temple but i'm not sure about the style so let me know what you think :) I'm going to start working on it asap! 53dd683f38d387457c9219a9.png?Expires=1407105498&Signature=KmitM9tKUJeGeXq~C-9zgSDzxct6kAktQB5rOPguBbYDEQR0-B9cDfmVZdBobEOQ2WoLePb4S2CSWk-K1GvFvpWIMuWqEK3eHjj86J3LH4TL2UP5Z5aF~ipNTFzNVM9x4xyZNNdgJteiHSs0PH5lTHXaypxSBd5DI-rnwWU2fDsM8wGmOX2Jb2CTjFGzYuyAqXmDMNUvFICne~8TOtgfX7E8W1OzL9yPrcSWuNtQdNbdZTDvQffnpO6kJCv56PilVuGeTTe0ZLjXhFa~5PHDIH51H16JCv8UyyHGEjRZYhr5eiZZ3S20q1z3ptHyE5dm-hR75rxN5WmHkPsfOUr2kw__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJHEJJBIZWFB73RSA

Replies

• FirebornForm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice stuff Htisu! I thought you were just grabbing reference shots at first to establish a mood board.

MY personal opinion, A has the most ancient high tech temple feel to me. B looks like a space base, and C looks like the outside of a space ship. If you have time go for all 3 though, they're cool :)
  • Loginus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first one is the most interesting and instantly got me thinking how a whole level would look like, what other shapes could be used. It has an Egyptian-looking symbol in it, but besides that it has a feel of super high tech cathedral. It is not too dense either (meaning, not over detailed, simple shapes), so it would work very well realised in a game IMHO.
  • asim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It´s nice looking and really interesting. I like the first one, I guess it´s good readable as something which is supposed to be something spiritual looking like a temple. Looks like a kind of temple of a sci-fi sect, especially with this logo and this white mood. Could be the door to heaven:) Good Luck!
  • Hitsu San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys, so you think "ancient hitech" is the best bet for unreal? I was feeling like mixing some ancient egyptian looking stuff with human-like hitech. Please keep suggesting anyway i'm a character guy so any help with environments is super welcome! :D
  • Hitsu San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Should be it, if i've got time i'm going to make another entry but it will be hard ^^kheprer_temple_hitsu_san_o.jpg
  • FirebornForm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work! I don't know if your message got across of an alien high tech ruins, to me this looks more like an alien museum of a bunch of archived ruins. I still like it a lot, clean and got some unique stuff in there like the egyptian-like symbol that people already talked about.
  • Hitsu San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're right Fireborn! I changed the overall design while i was making it because the "ancient temple" really felt like already seen. The overall idea is a very modern structure like those used for exhibitions on top of a real ancient temple but it'll take me another 1 or 2 concepts to fully establish a level like that :) Anyway i'm glad that you like it!