TAWSM spellFX pack for Unity

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Priareos polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys,

i recently released my first particle FX pack for the Unity Asset Store:
banner_polycount64ut1.png

[ame]//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iaiRh5A4DM[/ame]

I would be glad about some feedback, especially from other vfx artists :)

Replies

• Rusty_Gvfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Need some more default explosions in there man. I know from making a fantasy game for the last 4 years that we barely ever actually use big cool effects. The most used effects are the boring fire , ice , lightning , blood impact effects. So for example maybe make a fire explosion then an impact effect for the things that get hit by that explosion. Just think of the real basic default stuff. As most of the time when a cool effect is going to be made you'll get someone at your company to make it. As it will have to be built a certain way.

I could be completely wrong of course. Never sold effects on a store before : P. This is just from my experience. Just a suggestion :)
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    Really great FX man! I would like to have a breakdown of these if possible, that would be great. Keep up the good work!
  • Priareos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Priareos polycounter lvl 5
    @Rusty_Gvfx
    Yeah, you are right with that. But default fx stuff is not as much fun as this :poly124:
    And i also think that a pack like this helps new fx artists much better to understand the unity particle system and its limits.
    I will probably go for a default pack next... But right now i focus on UE4, there might be some opportunities in the marketplace :\

@Javibcln
    Thanks!
    A breakdown is quite hard, but i thought about doing a tutorial on one of those in the near future :)
  • ScottyChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottyChips polycounter lvl 5
    Stuff looks really cool-you have some really nice motion in there. I agree though if you are trying to sell assets you might want to make them more generic- hit impacts, blood hits, splashes,electrical stuff, fires, explosions.