Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Game, I need artists, 75% of programming done

CobaltUDK
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
CobaltUDK polycounter lvl 5
xEASoar9HhcmNoRlTolQesULmc7rcy616ZAMF6Nsng=w408-h229-p-no

Hi, I'm learning to program UDK (Unreal Engine 3 ) since a year ago, while making a game prototype . Now that the prototype is fairly complete it is time to look for people who work with me in this game, especially modelers , animators and mapmakers .

First of all I show a video summary of what I've done. I've been using downloaded models , content of other games like Skyrim, etc . , Just to have something to test the code. Here is the video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZk9bwwO2s

In the video you can see a strange mix of styles , guns with swords, futuristic buildings in medieval themes , etc. . They are only tests.

Some functions are :

- Customizable characters , you can change texture and model proportions , hair and clothing, including Nvidia APEX cloth , clothes simulation in real time. Everything from the game menu.

- Guns , I tried to cover everything , swords , knives , axes, and guns, hand guns, machine guns, etc. . The bow is easily adaptable to other types of weapon, such as the fireball show in video . It remains to make some weapons can be throwed (knives).

- Fighting using all those weapons with the help of other characters. Battles between factions. Bots seek help from others on his faction when attacked . Or escape if they are civilians or unarmed .

- Usable objects such as levers , which trigger an event , such as opening a door. Etc.

- Dialogues with bots, multilanguage . Talk with bots used to receive orders for missions, trade items , obtain information, ask them to follow us , etc. .

- Inventory with the acquired object , it being possible drop , give them to other bots, buy and sell , etc. .

- Maps , I'm using "landscapes" of 10x10 Km ( I think GTA5 map is about 80 km2). Full of foliage. The game uses dynamic lighting on the outdoors , so there is a day/night cycle. Large map does not mean you have to fill it full, but there are large distances that require vehicles to travel.

- Vehicles, a horse like land vehicle. Get another animal is simply change the model and some parameters . You can easily get a lion or any animal, quadruped, biped , etc .
There is a dragon like flying vehicle , and also you can easily switch to other animals . The player gets on them and handles . Left to do that the bots can do it too.

- The missions system , which is what the game vertebra . It is a list of goals to be fulfilling an orderly manner. Go places , kill one or more enemies, obtain items and give them to a bot, follow someone , etc. . There is a video of a complete mission example in my Youtube channel .

More or less that's what I have already done and working. Took a year working hard and I got it worked.

The game is a sandbox (open world) in which there is a primary and several secondary mission . It's like " Skyrim " , but much smaller, for a group of 5 or 6 people can do it in less than a year, with the most of the programming is already done. The ambient would be a ancient era , not medieval, but with enough freedom of concept . It would be easily expandable with new quests and content.

What is needed is to create all the models , humans , clothing , weapons, and the map assets , buildings, etc. . Things like foliage are solved with programs like Tree[d] or Forester .

The animations would also be resolved for the most part , they already have and others that would be acquired . Although a good animator will always lack.

It is not necessary to do all the process of rigging the models, I can take it . The model must be well finished and textured . Humans have about 20,000 triangles and textures of 2048x2048 , although in the case of player we could go further. For example the man on the video has about 20,000 triangles and it looks pretty good in close-ups. The woman instead has 11,000 and is not good near.

It is quite gratifying to see your models in motion in real time, and interact with them .

The game engine , UDK (Unreal Engine 3 ) , is free and is relatively easy to import models and test them on maps, or make materials . With this engine have games like Gears of War , Mass Effect, Batman, Bioshock , Resident Evil , Bless, Tera , Borderlands , and some others.

In short, what need would be at the top :

- Modeler (s) of characters, clothing, weapons .
- Modeler (s) of objects for maps. The " assets" .
- Enviroment artists.
- Animator in principle is covered, but may be needed later.
- Musician, covered .

The payment would be royalties. Participants have their share in the company that would be created if the project becomes reality.

Would be able to use crowfunding when the project will it take shape and be able to raise funds for things like motion capture, always being an indie game.

If anyone is interested you can contact me in email "cobaltudk (at) gmail.com".
Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.

Replies