Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Cowboy Bebop's Swordfish MK2

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Damian Nachman polycounter lvl 6
Here it is! My first thread on Polycount.
I'm totally hyped to be around so many talented folks around here. This place is a goldmine of information!

After re-watching the Cowboy Bebop movie, I felt the urge to try and recreate it in glorious 3D.
I'm basically done with the HP modleling, and now I'm moving on to sculpting some fine detail, retopo, and then texturing.
That's what I got so far:
Hi Poly
ebIimml.png

Wire/Orhtos
o736gcD.png

Any kind of feedback or suggestions would be totally rad.

Replies

• Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Looks good, but it will be better once you've added some details that will make it more believable of course. Like, the wings don't even have flaps and ailerons. Maybe we don't see those details most of the time because they don't draw them on each scene to save some time, but I'm sure that we see a lot more details on close ups, when they are repairing the ship for example.

cowboy%20bebop%20swordfish%20ii%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_47.jpg

I bought the special edition DVD some years ago with a nice artbook, with tons of drawings of the ships in it, maybe you can find it, or some scans/blueprints.
  • Damian Nachman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damian Nachman polycounter lvl 6
    Texelion wrote: »
    Looks good, but it will be better once you've added some details that will make it more believable of course. Like, the wings don't even have flaps and ailerons. Maybe we don't see those details most of the time because they don't draw them on each scene to save some time, but I'm sure that we see a lot more details on close ups, when they are repairing the ship for example

I bought the special edition DVD some years ago with a nice artbook, with tons of drawings of the ships in it, maybe you can find it, or some scans/blueprints.

Thank you so much for the idea! I'll try grabbing the artbook.
    I've been using google reference photos, mainly this one:
    g32tHDp.png
    And some other photos of real life models. All of them lacked flaps and ailerons, so I almost forgot about that!
    The Sunrise Animation artbook looks pretty swell:
    www.amazon.com/Sunrise-Works-Cowboy-Series-Edition/dp/4835447905
    I really dig the show's design work, so I guess I'll just grab that.