Old (#26)
That's looking really nice so far but what is going on with the ropes that go around his waist?
Offline , polycounter, 800 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#27)
Hey MdK, yeah that was part of the scalling issue i was dealing with, got it pretty much sorted, lot of trial and error. Here's a pretty much final shot, just working on the submission icons and maybe some kind of marketing image, not much of a painter so well see how that goes, hah.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to embed youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TTLc...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by TrevorJ; 09-02-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Offline , polygon, 634 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010,  

Old (#28)
Just submitted, calling this one done. Would have like to do some kind of head piece, but nothing i was concepting felt right at all. oh well. Let me know what you guys think.

Old (#29)
Well, that looks absolutely fantastic. Fits his colour palette perfectly and I just can't see anything wrong with it at all. Really looking forward to seeing more work from you! I really hope it gets ingame but I don't think you have much to worry about.

Sorry I can't help on the Youtube embed, normally it's [youtube] [/youtube] but it doesn't seem to work on Polycount.

Last edited by MdK; 09-03-2013 at 12:14 AM..

Old (#30)
To embed youtube, just paste the link in and polycount should automatically embed it like this:

Came out really nice, but I feel like the ends are lacking some wear-and-tear . But the render of him jamming is damn awesome!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,611 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Germany  

Old (#31)
Came out great! I think the ends could use a little more shading, and that dota 2 logo paint thingy could use a bit more work. looks a bit "photoshop brushed on" at the moment.
Offline , triangle, 384 Posts, Join Date Jun 2013,  

Old (#32)
Looks great! (Better than what I can do)
For the head piece, you could do a leather skull cap similar to the ends of the drums.
Offline , polycounter, 780 Posts, Join Date Mar 2013, Location +2 UTC  

Old (#33)
So i've got a lot of commments saying people wished it was a full 4 item set for ES so im trying to make a head piece for this. I feel like nothing fits but i have two so far. The mowhawk is done i just found it was too simple. The horn/wood helmet is another idea.

Any preferences? feedback? thanks for taking a look.

Old (#34)
The second certainly fits the theme of the set more but I think the first one looks better. Would it be possible to see both in full screenshots of the character wearing the set?

Old (#35)
Long time no post, im between contracts right now so I have time to work on another item set. I chose Pugna, cause I like his ward and I had an idea for it. Unfortunately animations seem to be broken in-game on his ward, ill get some playbplasts of what i have planned soon, but ill have to prob submit it just static until Valve fixes it.

Let me know what you guys think. I wanted to give Pugna something other than horns, as that's all he seems to be getting in the workshop so far. I'm also trying to make him look a little tougher, although i know he's basically a wizard/caster type.

Still need to detail his cape and the book at his hip, the belt will go all the way around as well but no need for the highpoly.

Thanks for checking it out, thoughts?

Old (#36)
Being honest he looks a lot like a green Skeleton King now.

Old (#37)
hah, well that was actually kinda what I was going for, for better or worse. I was going to call the set the Oblivion King, but almost every item in the workshop already has the word Oblivion in it somewhere. He's going to have a kings scepter for his weapon.

Old (#38)
Everything is nice, expect head. Pugna without horns is terrible
Hi
Offline , spline, 237 Posts, Join Date Jul 2013, Send a message via Skype™ to Noblebatterfly  

Old (#39)
Perhaps to keep the silhouette similar to default Pugna, you can extend some of the crown spikes to look more horn-like. Without his horns he looks a little dumpy and dwarfish
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,319 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location Las Vegas, NV  

Old (#40)
Thanks guys, i wasn't sure about his crown as it is now, and that feedback solidified it. I really want to keep it, but i think like Sukotto says it needs to be a little closer to his default horns. Ill rework and come back. Just working on lowpolys of everything else right now.

Old (#41)
Ok, new crown, better? worse? everything else has lowpoly and has been baked down ready for texturing, just working on the chain belt with spell book now.

Old (#42)
Just got back from a "vacation". Got stranded a little in the airport. Finally got started on the weapon. Just the highpoly pic for now. Also a pic from maya of the low with textures. I always have the hardest time with texturing and color picking. I still need to make all the masks though, i usually test those in-game as i don't find the maya representations accurate at all.

Any thoughts so far? on color choices or shapes still? Thanks for taking a look

I think i decided on a name as well, "Nethers Reach". Based on his weapons and nether ward.

Old (#43)
i love the weapon,but ,BUT: the handle is too hard edge for the concept,do something a bit round ,that fit better with the hand,some awesome sculpt
Offline , spline, 118 Posts, Join Date Jun 2013, Location Bucharest,Romania Send a message via Skype™ to Andumy  

Old (#44)
Alright everybody, kind of lacked on the updated until now, if been working on it pretty hard to get it out tonight. Let me know what you guys think, and vote please! Thanks

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=209873461

Old (#45)
Some blockouts im about to get started detailing for EarthSpirit for the chinese new year event. Tried playing him against some bots, my brain nearly melted, it is super tough to get those combos right.

Let me know what you think

Old (#46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorJ View Post
Some blockouts im about to get started detailing for EarthSpirit for the chinese new year event. Tried playing him against some bots, my brain nearly melted, it is super tough to get those combos right.

Let me know what you think

looks fresh concept for the chinese building roof looks for the armor...but personally use that on timbersaw will be better lol i think. just saw similar concept on taiwan based MMOPRG game tinker like character / class...
Offline , polygon, 566 Posts, Join Date Dec 2013, Location malaysia  

Old (#47)
Just got it ingame, some more tweaks to do and then make the lod1. 300 is going to be tough. Also first time using polypainting and baking it down, im sold going to do it from now on. Any color suggestions or tweaks?

Last edited by TrevorJ; 01-02-2014 at 03:44 PM..

Old (#48)
Very nice shoulders!
Offline , line, 84 Posts, Join Date Oct 2013, Send a message via Skype™ to Chaos Prophet  

Old (#49)
Thanks Chaos Prophet. I submitted them last night, had a little trouble, i heard steam was getting hit with some kind of ddos attack.

Also my prior pugna items are no longer on the steam workshop, not even if i filter for pugna. The only way to see them is to look at my specific workshop. Thats kinda too bad, cause one of them was on the first page. Anyone experienced this before

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...51&searchtext=

Old (#50)
That was happened to me too. I made the item's visibility to secret and then made it visible again and the problem was solved. I hope it helps.
Offline , polygon, 589 Posts, Join Date Jun 2013, Location Malatya, Turkey