[CE3] Sci-Fi Water Plant

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
Finished! Skip to the end for more pictures

sU4qyer.jpg
VGmpzef.jpg
vb09UTX.jpg

Starting a rather simple project for my final quarter in college, but I'm forcing myself to use and learn CryEngine over the next 7 weeks. I haven't really used it before, so this should be exciting.

Here is my paintover I'm using. The original concept is by Phade01. I adjusted the colors and added something on the lower level. It was a little boring, in my opinion. I figured, sci-fi water plant... possibly in space because I'm not sure what's outside on the top left.

g4nJYGm.jpg

A breakdown to simplify the modeling process.

EBUOcXm.jpg

I have another image with some written details and extra stuff, but I won't upload that. Basically, if I go with the water plant idea, I'm turning the foreground cables into pipes, or just removing them. I'd like to add ladders into the water level, as well as a large window for surveillance? I'll definitely have to add some more props to emphasize the water filtration.

And this is where I'm at. Just a blockout in Maya for scale.

rkVXN6g.jpg

I think the FOV could use some work, but this was just to get a sense of the scale in the background with the effect. Already seeing some scale issues:poly117:

Replies

• leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Not making progress as fast as I'd like. Figuring my way around CryEngine has been more of a challenge and I've been overthinking everything way too much.

Finally settled with a panel design, after about 4 or 5 versions. Everything (diffuse, normal, spec/gloss) is 2048 right now, but I'll resize down to 1024). 286 tris I think. Added two blue lights just to replicate the concept lighting.

tumblr_mlgaaqFDIf1qaa044o1_1280.jpg

Got a few other models started, but not textured. I'll post those once I get the textures rolling.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some more pieces. I started putting things in the engine to try out some of the tutorials I've been reading. Does anyone know of a fix for having a high spec or gloss and how it creates really bad aliasing? It's only when my gloss is high, but without it, the metal doesn't look right.

A0W1LEc.jpg
    CYVedYk.jpg
    jL2w9D0.jpg
    RqZpkzC.jpg

And now for the disappointing part, I'm having trouble staying on schedule between this, other classes, and a part-time job. I've been trying to figure out ways to cut down the scope. My idea was to actually replace the water I added to the concept at the beginning of the project with an array of pipes. But, cutting down the pipes and all of those extra meshes may be required now. Do you guys think the paintover makes much sense, with the water just flowing through? I'm trying to figure it out in my head, but I'm thinking maybe have it in pipes that are open(like a half-circle)?
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Re-did my blockout with solids in engine. So much easier than UDK's BSP or building it in Maya! I corrected some scaling issues that a professor pointed out. Started properly importing my meshes and materials now too. I'll have a new picture when I'm on a computer with all of the plugins installed.

KhDL38U.jpg

I've been trying to figure out the designs for some extra floor panels. Went for the hexagon shape that Crytek uses everywhere :) I think I'm gonna do another panel that's just a flat metal.

gMbDQRq.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update for some props. I'm putting off engine work until I get everything done and modeled. I only have two major props left and a couple of small pieces that don't matter too much.

Started the main wall, decided to bake down a highpoly so the back panel would have some details. AO in Diffuse and a Normal in Marmoset

Y93HZfN.jpg

Where I'm at with the 'low' poly. Currently at 1346, aiming for no more than 2k. Just gotta add some wires and bolts.

VRZsIax.jpg

And pipes. The gray version is just a desaturated copy of the red one. I'm gonna try to get a few other variations in CryEngine with the Diffuse color option.

PoemVtv.jpg
  • Nrose
    Hey Brian what's good. Saw this in the what are you working on and thought it was pretty relevant to your project. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1843397&postcount=6486
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Nrose wrote: »
    Hey Brian what's good. Saw this in the what are you working on and thought it was pretty relevant to your project. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1843397&postcount=6486

Hey Nick! Yeah, I saw that in the WAYWO thread too, it's nice! I originally wanted to do that scene, but I don't think I could do it as well as Wiktor Ohman. Thanks for pointing that out again, it's now in my inspiration folder :) Hows your high poly coming along?

I guess I'll go ahead and update now. I was saving an update for when I reimport everything into CryEngine again, but that won't be until tomorrow. New textures, reworked older models, and did a few new ones.

Same random informational crap for the sign. Probably won't be too noticeable after sizing down and using the Monitor shader.
    tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso2_1280.jpg

Back wall, which uses part of the original wall texture. I need to add some decals for things like numbers and signs.
    tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso6_1280.jpg

And the two that I'm the happiest with,

tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso7_1280.jpg

Reworked the first panel, removed the white pipes sticking up and added some under glass.
    tumblr_mmz0zdqxGa1snoshso8_1280.jpg
  • Nrose
    Looking real slick man, I can't wait to see this thing come together! It's really refreshing to see an environment using all the same workflow I use...there's so many people at school that just have no idea about the power of high to low. As for my project, it's coming along pretty well...75 bakes later I'm finally texturing. Here's a screen grab from marmoset right now.texture_wip.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't updated in awhile. Spent a few days so far on this and learning more about CE3 materials, particles, and lighting. The concept has a more white dominant light, but I really love CE3's ToD :poly121:

tumblr_mngce9qGL81qaa044o1_1280.jpg

What's left to do in the next 2 days:

- Fix the arch(there's an inverted face) and re-do texture(add submaterial, one for emissive, one for alpha)
    - Decals (01/02 on the main walls, "water level" stuff, and logos)
    - Another variation for the trim that I ended up using all over the place
    - Tiny tweaks to gloss/spec maps
    - New lighting that's closer to concept?

And I still have to figure out how to get good portfolio shots from various cameras without the player/UI.
  • KartoonHead
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    surround your scene with a visarea, atm your interior has exterior lighting
  • Brygelsmack
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    leleuxart wrote: »
    And I still have to figure out how to get good portfolio shots from various cameras without the player/UI.
    Click Shift-Space to get rid of the helpers. Then follow these steps:

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=311&t=92863
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    surround your scene with a visarea, atm your interior has exterior lighting

Hmm, never used one of those before. I watched a Youtube video on it and tried setting it up, but it seemed like it only darkened the shadows just slightly. Couldn't I do that in the Time of Day settings? I think since this level is primarily lit by the sun(the big open spaces between the beams are glass, just haven't finished the material yet), the VisArea isn't as important? Or maybe I did it wrong haha.
    Click Shift-Space to get rid of the helpers. Then follow these steps:

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=311&t=92863

Awesome! Thanks!

Here's a screenshot just testing out the customres CVAR. Not much has changed. The water is still bugging me. I'm using a combination of a river, an oscillating foam texture, and two particles(mist and foam build up around the beams). I think I'm gonna re-do both of them.

zW3dBGg.jpg

Tonight I'll be adding in the pipes, experimenting with decals(not sure if I should have many different small textures to use with the decal projector or use a larger sheet and UV a plane to each decal, like a floater), and fixing the beam normal issue and texture.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Amile!

Started working on the material for the air vent. Not happy with how the vent texture came out, but I don't think my final shots will be this focused on it, so I'm letting it slide :\

tumblr_mnibukSmTU1qaa044o1_1280.jpg

Does anyone know how one would usually tackle color variation in CryEngine? I know the Diffuse color essentially multiplies the color over light values and I experimented with it using a grayscale texture, but I'd like to be able to mask out areas from the color. I haven't seen an option for something like that in the Illum shader.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    You can make anything one gray and change the diffuse color in cryengine. Just change the "color" option.
  • Kitty|Owl
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitty|Owl polycounter lvl 3
    you could try using the dirt option in the illum shader, I think they used it to tint the cars in Crysis 2
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    You can make anything one gray and change the diffuse color in cryengine. Just change the "color" option.

I think you're talking about the Diffuse Color option under the Lighting Settings in the material? That was my first idea too, but it affects all areas that are lighter than black. I just want to mask off an area where I can change the color. In my scene, I have a all dark gray pipes. I'd like to mask off the dark gray from the light gray where the bolts are, and only change the dark gray area.
    Kitty|Owl wrote: »
    you could try using the dirt option in the illum shader, I think they used it to tint the cars in Crysis 2

That may be it! I tried it out really quick and I think it may work. Thanks!

Currently. Gonna stick with the day time lighting because I ran into some issues with the night ToD and using an extra light for shadows. Using the 3.4.5 version of a negative light in the foreground to darken it a bit.

cWSlOZv.jpg
  • KartoonHead
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    leleuxart wrote: »
    Hmm, never used one of those before. I watched a Youtube video on it and tried setting it up, but it seemed like it only darkened the shadows just slightly. Couldn't I do that in the Time of Day settings? I think since this level is primarily lit by the sun(the big open spaces between the beams are glass, just haven't finished the material yet), the VisArea isn't as important? Or maybe I did it wrong haha.

I suggest you look at the lighthouse in the Sandbox example level, which is also primarily lit by the sun, and see how visareas and portals are set up for that. The way it works is you have a visarea for your interior, and portals over your windows and doors (in this case the glass panels) to let sunlight into the room. If you delete the lighthouse visarea and see the difference to the interior lighting you'll see why you need to be using them. There is very little control over your interior lighting otherwise, the GI sun will always just wash everything out.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    I suggest you look at the lighthouse in the Sandbox example level, which is also primarily lit by the sun, and see how visareas and portals are set up for that. The way it works is you have a visarea for your interior, and portals over your windows and doors (in this case the glass panels) to let sunlight into the room. If you delete the lighthouse visarea and see the difference to the interior lighting you'll see why you need to be using them. There is very little control over your interior lighting otherwise, the GI sun will always just wash everything out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't adjust the lighting for the scene now(even though I personally like how it is, after messing around with ToD), but I plan on going back to this in a few days after graduation to fix a few issues. This is due today, so I think I'm gonna call this done(with the exception of fixing the shadows and taking my highres shots), unless someone sees something I can fix quickly. If not, I'm still taking suggestions for when I come back to it in a few days

r8dTCyy.jpg
    ZifkIo4.jpg
    JQoIcmc.jpg

Overall, I really enjoyed this project and look forward to really calling it done and putting it on my portfolio. I think it turned out pretty nice for 7 weeks and using CryEngine for the first time.
  • S2Engine
    Offline / Send Message
    S2Engine polycounter lvl 10
    I agree with KartoonHead, a VisArea will probably be necessary to get good lighting. If you look at the concept, there's quite a bit more contrast overall, as well as more material definition. The ambient wash is killing all of the spec and gloss variation across the scene, which is unfortunate because the Marmoset renders show them much better.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been awhile since I've worked on this. I was waiting because of some issues with Windows 8 and CE3, but since it ruined the lighting, I decided to restart, starting with the VisArea and Portals. I'm not sure if I did them correctly, but comparing this shot to the the last one, I think the lighting looks a lot more accurate and less washed out. I can't believe I didn't notice how bland the lighting is in the older shots!

Also updated some textures and meshes, but it's probably not too noticeable. I'm going to revisit all of the spec/gloss maps once I get this visarea thing down. Still have my notes from the feedback on the last day of class, so I may update later with a paintover.

HJjST7n.jpg
  • LiquidSpacie
    So far so good. Add some assets plus reflections and it's even better!
  • RexM
    Have you had a chance to mess with the Time of Day settings for this scene yet?

That is what you need to truly bring this as close to the concept as possible, and bring out the hard work you've put into the texturing of this scene.

Just click Terrain and on that pulldown menu, click the Time of Day text. A new window will open up. Then, start messing around with things like SSAO amount, HDR dynamic (using the graph in the middle of the editor, which corresponds to what time during the day a specific setting exhibits, for example a higher graph point for HDR dynamic at 12 means a higher value for that at that time).

Mess around with Sky color, sky color multiplier, HDR dynamic, Global illumination, Sun color, sun color multiplier, and I think that should do it. For an extra push, there are options at the bottom of the Time of Day editor to adjust scene Contrast, Saturation, Depth of Field, and many others.

Best of luck, and I hope to see what you can do with an already awesome scene.
  • gsokol
    This still looks way to bright. There is no contrast to your lighting..the walls directly under the windows and near the stream of water are just as bright as the walls that are supposed to be getting hit directly by your sunlight...Also makes the blue tube lights and monitor much less punchy than the concept.

Is the area outside the windows going to be daylight like this? You mentioned it being in space before.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments RexM and gsokol!

I have messed with the Time of Day settings and the Lighting settings to fine tune the position of the sun. I haven't messed with all of the options, but I can definitely give them a try to get more contrast.

I did want it to be dark like in the concept, but early on when I was trying to figure out lighting, I had the ToD really late so it was dark and I used a regular light to cast the shadows. But with any lights, I get that nasty shadow problem everyone talks about with the noise. I tried every solution I found, but none of them helped and since most of the level would be in shadow, I decided to try and rely on the ToD light. If I could get the moon lighting to be stronger, I would be happy with that.

I'll keep working on the lighting though :)
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, made some adjustments to the HDR settings and a few others in the ToD menu. I toned down the glow of the monitor and the lights on the left side. I applied the materials to the walls and re-generated the cubemap too. I played with the sky color to maybe try to at least get it darker, but nothing changed. Is there another menu for that? (now that I'm thinking about it, I never checked the Environment tab...)

Kwj7O7D.jpg

Also, just to see if I did my VisArea and Portals right. Not the best picture, but the orange line outside of the window is the VisArea and the green boxes are the Portals. They intersect the VisArea at the top. Some of the portals have "affected by the sun" checked, while others dont. If I had them all checked, I wouldn't get the nice shadows from the pipes. Maybe I did them wrong though

Em4Arrx.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Would it be bad compositionally to have more props and details up close near the viewer, even though a majority of the design leads the eye farther down? Now that I type it out, it sounds like a bad idea.

Another change is just removing the X-pieces for more pipes.

Some paintovers.

5kL04Hm.jpg
  • Undead Pixel
    Nice job ! Your textures are amazing ! Could you show your texturing process if you have the time ?
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    (WIP Lighting again)

Tried out a Maya script for the new wires for the lights and it made it so much easier and fun. Fix the color difference between the two floor panels(one just never had a gloss map for some reason). Re-did the pipes to be more optimized and better looking when combined, so I'll have to re-do all of those soon. Also fixed a lot of the textures in regards to the amount of scratches, they're a lot cleaner now.

The new night sky really brought out the darks with the HDR lighting, so I'm gonna have to go back over that.

7g8nzQs.jpg

Took a look at the concept again for the first time in awhile and I may go for the lighting like that, maybe not as washed out though.

Undead Pixel: Yeah, I can definitely do that for you. I'll try to do that now and post it a little later. My textures really aren't all that special, it's just CryEngine's screen-space reflections and cube map :)
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a brand new version, rebuilt from scratch.

Everything is still WIP. I tried getting a little closer to the concept. Major things left to do are re-add the pipes, fix the glass shader(it's way too plain and unnoticeable), finish water particles, add a water-turbine-thing, and finish lighting.

LGhNFex.jpg

and dat POM
    tbX5vP3.jpg

UndeadPixel: I was going to do a tutorial image, but my textures really aren't that impressive. They rely heavily on CryEngine's Screen-Space Reflections and Environment Probes. I hope this text process suffices.

1) I start with a base color and texture. For most of the surfaces, it was a medium gray and a very light tileable galvanized texture.
    2) Since most of my normals, AO, and cavity are all nDo2 generated, I painted out a mask to use and generated the Normals. Using the normals, I generated the AO/Cavity and added them to the Diffuse
    3) Few more Diffuse details like slight color variation, scratches, and faking the depth a little more.
    4) Same process for the Spec and Gloss, except I just duplicate the AO/Cavity over and make them stronger for the spec. The scratches are also more prominent in the spec and gloss. My spec is relatively dark and tinted blue, while my gloss is lighter with more contrast.

I hope this helps! I used Marmoset extensively while testing textures to check my gloss values and whatnot.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked more on particles and lighting tonight. Added some red lights above both doors that spin(still have to do the meshes). Started on the glass shader again. Tweaked the cubemap, but ever since I switched to box projection, it's been acting crazy and moving with the camera, even when it's back to the default projection. I also have two VisAreas that are completely grayed out and unselectable. :\

Really happy with the water particles. Water will be coming out of pipes eventually, instead of the walls.

tumblr_mr7gtqGXZw1qaa044o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mr7gtqGXZw1qaa044o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mr7gtqGXZw1qaa044o3_1280.jpg
  • DOMINOboy001
    I really like your scene dude, nice work. Look forward to seeing more.
  • S2Engine
    Offline / Send Message
    S2Engine polycounter lvl 10
    For the VisAreas, it's possible you've unknowingly frozen them (the hotkey is F I believe). To select them, bring up the Object List and be sure to click on the "Frozen" radio box to the right. Then you can highlight their names, press Select, and then unfreeze. There's also an Unfreeze All hotkey, don't remember what it is though.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    S2Engine wrote: »
    For the VisAreas, it's possible you've unknowingly frozen them (the hotkey is F I believe). To select them, bring up the Object List and be sure to click on the "Frozen" radio box to the right. Then you can highlight their names, press Select, and then unfreeze. There's also an Unfreeze All hotkey, don't remember what it is though.

YES, Thank you! I suck at switching between programs and using keyboard shortcuts. I kept pressing F to focus on it like in Maya. :\ The Unfreeze All shortcut is ctrl+F by the way
    I really like your scene dude, nice work. Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks! I look forward to finishing it :)
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update. Don't have much left to do but more assets. Did a quick floor tile last night and exported out everything this morning. Marmoset shot is from this morning, but the CE3 one includes the cube map and POM.

y2YnUkH.jpg

RPlKhJJ.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't log in to the engine for some reason now, so exporting my pipes and .tifs has to wait. For now, here are some Marmoset shots.

For the pipes, the most efficient way I can come up for color variation is to use the same tiling spec, gloss, diffuse, and detail normal. The diffuse is mostly white so I can adjust the Diffuse Color in engine. Some decals and changes in tiling here and there too.

The other mesh is just a wip for a small walkway I plan on using closer to the water with levers and whatnot. I don't think I can create wet decals, so trying to get the most out of the spec and gloss.

(ignore the full colored mesh. they are gonna use two materials in cryengine, one for the pipe and one for the ring/bolts)
    tj2tyqN.jpg

XUX9ZbL.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    I keep forgetting to post new stuff at 6am when I'm going to bed :\ Here's how the pipes look in engine with the 3 different materials(2 textures), the LOD, and PN Triangle Tessellation to round out the pipes. I'll probably remove that once I start placing them in the scene.

tumblr_mrgqk78nNC1qaa044o1_1280.jpg
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
    wow, seems like this project has taken leaps and bounds forward since it's initial incarnation. Definitely still needs some tweaking as far as lighting goes but it seems like you kinda know this and are actively trying to work on it. Definitely have my eye on this.
  • Ootrick
    Offline / Send Message
    Ootrick polycounter lvl 6
    Nice! Keep at it, coming together very well!
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD wrote: »
    wow, seems like this project has taken leaps and bounds forward since it's initial incarnation. Definitely still needs some tweaking as far as lighting goes but it seems like you kinda know this and are actively trying to work on it. Definitely have my eye on this.
    Ootrick wrote: »
    Nice! Keep at it, coming together very well!

Thanks guys! No update as of right now though, since I haven't been able to login to the engine. I updated my CryDev thread and got some other feedback regarding the lighting, so I'll definitely be tweaking that soon.
  • joeriv
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv polycounter lvl 7
    if you are having trouble getting in (the accept the eula thing, followed by the files may be corrupt message), just close the editor and log in again.
    That worked for me the last 2 days, and on the second (some cases third) it works fine.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv wrote: »
    if you are having trouble getting in (the accept the eula thing, followed by the files may be corrupt message), just close the editor and log in again.
    That worked for me the last 2 days, and on the second (some cases third) it works fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that and nothing seems to be working for me. I've been following the 11 page CryDev thread and so far, there hasn't been a temporary or permanent fix. One of the forum support guys says Crytek is working on it, I hope it comes back faster than the Crytek sites did :poly121:
  • CreativeLeo
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeLeo polycounter lvl 4
    Nice Environment buddy,
    But that Blue lights with Sunlight looks odd...

Rest is looking amazing.

Trying out the new engine. Despite having POM, cubemaps, and my water material broken, I decided to play around still. I set up area lights and lens flares on some of the lights. Actually, there is a 'fake light' with a big radius between some of the lights, so I don't have lens flares on every light :poly121: They're barely noticeable in static shots, but they're there.

tumblr_ms0l092zdV1qaa044o1_1280.jpg

The panels are so flat without POM :(
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been awhile since I made any major changes to this. Between freelance work, real life work, and general tweaks, I never felt like I made a lot of progress until last night/this morning.

Figured out I was using the wrong water shader, so now I have caustics, real-time reflections, and better displacement. Finished a flood door too.

ASELXwV.jpg
  • spectre1130
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    Overall this is looking real good with alll the fixes you've done. I'm eager to see where you take the water aspect. I like the tiered effect with the flood door. and could also see some kind of hanging plants or something simulating a huge hydroponics operation being done in conjuntion with the water purification. A bunch of rising mist and all would really bring the focal point home.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks spectre! I had to look up what hydroponics was, but that is an interesting idea. I'm ready to call this done and move on, but I'm still considering the idea of some hanging plants around the area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Worked some on the water particles. It bugs me how they're rendered through the water in some angles, but I guess that's just a standard transparency issue in a deferred renderer? I still need to get some water bouncing off of the wall and door at the end

3qLqhqi.jpg
    gFYkyue.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a few other tweaks, added a few more decals and supports for the pipes. Still need to do a few more decals I think and final light/color tweaks. I'm thinking about doing the colorgrade image, just to learn something else in this project.

What do you guys think about these angles? The red lights will be rotating(haven't turned on Physics for these) and I'll tweak the DoF per shot.

CeSzptd.jpg
    anYkK2T.jpg
    Z2hdhl7.jpg
    TyrMZbp.jpg
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    this looks really good except for the scale issues and randomness of that walkway floor. Look at the scale of stuff like this and how it doesnt change pattern every few meters. Its just a suggestion, feel free to be creative but sometimes people expect certain things to seem certain scale etc and the concept doesnt have to dictate this.

IS098U39P.jpg

179_198Altrex_Specials_Werkbordessen_SFE_AFB_082.jpg
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged wrote: »
    this looks really good except for the scale issues and randomness of that walkway floor. Look at the scale of stuff like this and how it doesnt change pattern every few meters. Its just a suggestion, feel free to be creative but sometimes people expect certain things to seem certain scale etc and the concept doesnt have to dictate this.

IS098U39P.jpg

179_198Altrex_Specials_Werkbordessen_SFE_AFB_082.jpg

Yeah, I completely understand what you're getting at and I agree. I guess my mentality in the beginning was that it's sci-fi and in the concept. I honestly don't want to do any new major assets and/or not use the panels anymore. I'm ready to just call this done, you know? I'm considering switching out the bumpy panel for the one with the black ridges all the way down and use the bumpy ones by the two doors, I'll play around with them and see. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Quickly moved some of the panels around. I'm not sure if I'm feeling it any more than I was before. I rotated the second panel on the right just to see how they would work back and forth. Not sure if it's any better...

ZYhLBn5.jpg
  • billymcguffin
    Offline / Send Message
    billymcguffin polycounter lvl 11
    I think that the floor along the right side should probably be completely reconsidered. What purpose do those holes serve? They seem completely impractical for any purpose. They're too big for traction, in fact they're probably so large that your foot would get caught as you walk along and trip you up. I think if you made a more smooth, cleaner floor it would improve the piece a lot.