Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - Wayward

I'm late to the game and I'm running solo, but I figured this is a great opportunity to learn some environment jazz~! I'm in between these 3 themes. Though I'm probably going to go with the cave-type of scene. I'll end up doing some rough sketches or block outs soon.

5eS2Ant.jpg

lYuBabK.jpg

0KcFuLd.jpg

Replies

• yannage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wSlGCDw.jpg
    Got boggled down by school work ;_:, but classes finished up so I'll be kickin' it up with my piece.

This is an escape pod I'm working on for the scene. Looking at some variants.
  • yannage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been doing attempt sculpts for trees and rocks seeing where I get.

I took a rock sculpt and did a quick low poly version and put it in unity to see and I'm liking the way it came out. Now time to do moar:0 And lay out the level. Which I've been messing around with trying to figure out.

30s9cnc.jpg

jzGIbOX.jpg
  • yannage
  • yannage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mnsjIyI.png

Just a bit of tests to see how it looks with just planes with sculpted rock Normals and then the rocks retopo'd. I think I'll do a few rocks as platforms and maybe 1-2 more rocks retopo'd. I want to have a hole at the top of the cave so moonlight shines in. There is going to be a little ship in the middle with wreckage then I'll do some plantlife stuff in the cave that glows
  • yannage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked more on rocks and places a bunch a long the ground. Also did up some mushrooms and placed them around. Trying to decide on where I'm placing the cameras on the final screenshots. This is all in unity by the way for anyone who is curious.

Tomorrow I'll work on the ship and any other things in unity before submission

BaUD8Bt.jpg
    B4Vp6tY.jpg
    EMe0BmH.jpg
  • yannage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Render01
    AfL6fx4.jpg
    Render02
    jViizSD.jpg
    Render03
    6jxwBXk.jpg