Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clay Morrow Bust - Sons of Anarchy

Hi my name is Pablo Hurtado and I am an aspiring 3D character artist, for the past month all i have been doing is pure technical work. So now that I have some spare time I want to continue to improve my Zbrush skills. I am big fan of the show Sons of Anarchy so I want to make a bust of Clay Morrow (Actor = Ron Perlman). I started the base of the character, after some critiques I will start to create the asymmetrical details.

clay_board_2.jpg

clay_wip_1.jpg

Replies

• Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    so far so good!

i got some minor crits tho, the forehead could be pushed a bit more on the front to make it a bit more flat, and you could also make the chin more pronounced...

there's also something bugging me about the eyes in the nose-chin-eye area, your has less of that V shape, and i think it's because of how pushed in they are
  • pablohurtado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Fnitrox for the critique, I'll definitely make those changes. Its good to have some fresh eyes look at your project, they see things you might miss.
  • pablohurtado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is what I got so far. I feel I will move on to something else, but maybe later I will go back and poly-paint it. I just wanted a small project so this feels like a good place to stop.

clay_glamour.jpg

clay_views.jpg
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, great likeness!

My only suggestion would be to check the size of the shoulders vs. head. The torso could use more mass, Ron is a big guy, but the shoulders feel tiny here.

Solid work nonetheless.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    God damn! Good job! How did you do the hair?
  • pablohurtado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for comments guys, means a lot to hear positive feedback from fellow polycount members.

Psyk0: Thanks for the critique, I can see what you're saying I can't believe I missed that. Dude I really like your work on Cgsociety your iron monger looks really cool.

BradMyers82: Thanks. The hair was made in Zbrush using Fibermesh. All the hair was separated so I could get as much control as possible. Groups: Moustache, goatee, stubble, eyebrows, short hair, and long hair. I also checked out your work and I am big fan of your brink head bust I remember seeing it before.

Again thanks for checking out my thread.