Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Motorcycle and Rider

cg18
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cg18 polycounter lvl 6
Helu!, this is what i call reverse posting. Since I've start showing my models in the WAYWO thread, now i have created a separate thread for my work here :poly124:

I've started this model long time ago, then forgot about it and last December I've found it in a folder while doing maintenance on my hard drive. I decide to give it a chance. The main goal was just to create a HP model of the bike, without a driver, but after finishing the bike i decide to continue with the guy on top. Now i am planning to continue with the game asset, you know, Low Poly, UV, bakes, textures, export, etc.

Salud, and thanks for stopping by.

tumblr_mfbplwidit1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mfcx3glR6l1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mfrouof3lR1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mfwssrpg6O1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mfzdf4Q0fu1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mghxzmINUs1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mglc8vSLOp1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg

Replies

• St.Sabath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    St.Sabath polycounter lvl 11
    Looking great there!#
    Just one thing,the position of the drivers shoulders and elbows seem a bit off,if i sit on my bike wich has a similar seating position,my elbows are a bit more outwards ,a bit more of an agressive pose i guess.The position on my bike keeps reminding me,to not "sag in" so keeping my shoulders back and my back straight,will prevent the driver from "sagging" .

In other words,elbows out,shoulders back,be a man!!
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    I think one thing you need to keep an eye out for is the arm length. It could just be the position the body is in, but it looks like his arms dont even reach his waist line. Simply are reading as really short.

Beautiful modeling though, you nailed it in that aspect! Beautiful work so far :D
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you very much for your reply guys. I appreciate your comments.

St.Sabath, i didn't think too much in the correct position at first, for me, this is a relaxed way of ride a bike any sunday morning :) since i don't have one or never ride one. I will change the position later when the Low Poly model is ready with skinning, Thanks.

Add3r, it could be because the position or the screenshot angle. As you can notice, i use a 6'0" (1,80mts) biped from 3dmax as a guide for the model and the pose. I will take a look later at home if i've changed something and didn't notice. Good catch, thank you.
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking, but it was just something that was nagging and I thought I would point it out. If it is just the angle than I am gonna stop being nit picky ;) It just seems the upper arms are tiny.
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    NP, for me is totally fine to get feedback and suggestions from you guys, otherwise you will never be better and improve. Thanks again. I hope i have time this week for the Low Polygons. Work work work.
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Looking for the best motorcycle riding positon i've found this:

motorcycle-riding-positions.jpg

Based on the type of bike i am building, i guess the best position is the last one ;)
  • SA_22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL! ^^^ so true! :D

yea he needs to be leaning a tiny bit forward.. right now he looks like he's braking with his arms straight like that
  • nukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    really good job man.:thumbup:
    cheers
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Found some reference for ya:
    lady-gaga-cover-art-born-this-way.jpg_thumb.jpg

Keep up the good work :)
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    SA_22, Nukes, Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Karmageddon, that... could be my next model... or not.
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Sorry for been away too long, too much job this days. Anyway, here is part of the low poly model for the rider, minus the helmet. I didn't set a budget for this because it started just as a practice.

The low poly model is around 10k tris. I could make it lower, specially on the pants, remove some loops, etc. But i want this to look pretty good without too much compromise. So, i guess i will end up with a model around 13~15k with the helmet. Still good polycount for a hero character.

For the low poly y use a script called Max-Retopo, pretty neat and easy to use.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/max-retopo

The UV's were done in 3dsmax using the standard unwrapper. Bakes the same, render to texture in 3dsmax. I still need to do some touchups to the normal map here and there.

Salud!

tumblr_mh0fqa93YK1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Driver ready ( i forgot the head :poly127: ). Polycount around 13,5k. Still need some touchups on the helmet normal map, but that's photoshop work.

Salud.

tumblr_mh28lt2hmt1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, i found i have the helmet duplicated, actual polycount is 12,200 tris.
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    After some optimization mostly on the pants, i manage to finish the rider. I've added the face as well. Polycount is 10,868 triangles. Now, i will move over the bike low poly model, pfeew.

tumblr_mh43i96NUx1qdjqqto1_1280.jpg
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Try and clean up the artifacts around the back of the knee, it would have been better to model the character in T and pose him after, but since you haven't, at least give it a quick clean.
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Sure thing. Still need to do a photoshop pass of the normal map.

Salud!